Any chance for a proper manual anytime soon?

Is there any hope we'll see a proper manual for Mi-8? Like in the case of the Huey, I delay learning the manual start procedure because of that. A proper manual really helps a lot.

P.S. Huey is out of beta but the manual is still WIP :( (Although the most important things are documented). I hope this does not happen to Hips manual too.

Is there any hope we'll see a proper manual for Mi-8? Like in the case of the Huey, I delay learning the manual start procedure because of that. A proper manual really helps a lot.

P.S. Huey is out of beta but the manual is still WIP :( (Although the most important things are documented). I hope this does not happen to Hips manual too.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2077351#post2077351

Im waiting too.

Some elements are in manual of BS2, pdf version is here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/documentation/dcs_bs_manual_en/ .

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks Flagrum. It seems that they are just delayed from unforeseen matters.

YoYo, I don't think that BS manual will help me on how to start the Mi-8 and use it's systems and armament :(.

For sure not, but as I said - some elements (gauges, countermeasure systems ect) are too same in Mi-8MTV2.

Use too:

video startup tutorial of Matt:

weapons:

1/ gun pods and ungided rockets: from training mission in DCS Mi-8

2/ bombs: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1952306&postcount=5

And I hope too - the manual will be soon :).

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Developement of the Mi-8 is very slow in my eyes.

Nice they are about to release the F-86, but I would prefer one beta being finsished at a time, rather than having 3 beta aircraft (I still find the Huey to be in what could be called beta stage).

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Developement of the Mi-8 is very slow in my eyes.

Nice they are about to release the F-86, but I would prefer one beta being finsished at a time, rather than having 3 beta aircraft (I still find the Huey to be in what could be called beta stage).

+1

• 3 weeks later...

I can understand the devs wanting to get their modules out the door. However I bought the UH-1 and Mi-8 modules thinking they would use the feedback from players to improve the products quickly yet they're still in beta even now. I'm eager to get hold of the mig-21 but I'd rather they keep hold of it until it's ready to be release instead of in a perpetual beta.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Belsimtek. I bought your MI8 sim a year ago and its an impressive piece of work. the lack of a proper manual makes it very hard for me to enjoy it however. I will no longer buy any more belsimtek products as long as a manual is not provided.

Hello Belsimtek. I bought your MI8 sim a year ago and its an impressive piece of work. the lack of a proper manual makes it very hard for me to enjoy it however. I will no longer buy any more belsimtek products as long as a manual is not provided.

+1. Me too. I won't buy any more of your modules until all the bugs are fixed (read: never). Eagerly waiting for the Leatherneck Mig-21 :)

This could be a major error.

I can´t understand why the Sabre complete manual could be released before the Hip one.

Best said, i can´t understand why it´s possible to release a module without a manual. Inside "Beta" branch it seems there are space for this lack.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

The Huey manual is still not finished.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Maybe Belsimtek just doesn't like finshing things. The Mi-8 is now in beta for a year, the Huey is "released" but without a complete manual and without multi seat capability (which I don't think we will ever get in any aircraft).

I really like that they are releasing aircraft but it would be really nice if they could finish one for a change.

without multi seat capability

Multi-seat capability is ED's responsibility. Belsimtek have nothing to do with its implementation per se, because it's a core DCSW thing.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I know, this is why i wrote

multi seat capability (which I don't think we will ever get in any aircraft).

Also, it doesn't matter too much for me as a customer who exactly is responsible for a feature, I just want it. ;)

Well...we already gave them the money, so I guess that doesn't count anymore?

This is the problem with early access: Why finish the software when the customers already paid? ;)

That point is hardly fair comment. You bought the open Beta for all 3 modules. And my post said TIME too. Remember, they are small organisations at this stage, with limited resources. Do you think they CHOOSE not to release the manual, or is it just that they have constraints, and are trying to juggle all their commitments while releasing modules the way they have to maintain a steady income stream?

Let's just hold back on the unfair criticism, and give the guys a chance. After all, are you complaining about the quality of the modules that have been released? Would you like plenty more? Is it too much to ask to let them release semi-complete modules, and then fill in the gaps as they go?

That point is hardly fair comment. You bought the open Beta for all 3 modules. And my post said TIME too. Remember, they are small organisations at this stage, with limited resources. Do you think they CHOOSE not to release the manual, or is it just that they have constraints, and are trying to juggle all their commitments while releasing modules the way they have to maintain a steady income stream?

Let's just hold back on the unfair criticism, and give the guys a chance. After all, are you complaining about the quality of the modules that have been released? Would you like plenty more? Is it too much to ask to let them release semi-complete modules, and then fill in the gaps as they go?

They are having their priorities wrong in my opinion. There is not much missing from the Mi-8 module and after a year of open beta I expect a decent manual. There are also important parts missing from the Huey, so yes, I am complaining about the quality of the modules. They could be so much better with just a bit more effort. I complain because of missed opportunities for Belsimtek.

It is fine that they release semi completed modules and fill in the gaps, the problem is just, that they should not ever stop filling in the gaps so they can actually finish the modules. I get the feeling that the development of the Mi-8 is currently on ice and that is not appropriate for an open beta.

Well Neil, as others pointed out, I gave them my money. Nobody is unfairly criticising Belsimtek - the vast majority of people here are more than satisfied with the Mi8. However, the manual is a core component of such a complex module and there is a feeling that the Mi8 is getting left behind while they start churning out other stuff. Basically, a signal or piece of feedback from the team indicating that this will actually be finished is all I want. At the moment, the lack of activity, lack of comment and release of further modules shows the Mi8 could be left in its present unfinished state. This is just about simple clarification.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]