Welp guys I think a first for DCS just happened..

GaryIKILLYOU

So to make a fairly long and non-related story short and related I'm seeing a woman that works where I work for an ISP. Solid 9/10, nice head on her shoulders, seems pretty down to earth, and pretty interested in me as well. We talk a lot and have seen each other a few times after work but it wasn't anything really serious just friendly conversation.

Well yesterday after work we go get a few drinks and start discussing what our dream jobs would be and all that and after asking her what her's would be, she gives me the answer that her dream job would want to be a fighter pilot.

I nearly choked to death on the appetizer we had. I asked her "You want to be a fighter pilot? Fly fast jets and all that jazz?"

Her answer was priceless. "Well not like Top-Gun. It's a great chick flick, but not what actually happens."

She then asks me what mine would be. I simply say "Well you're not going to believe it, but a fighter pilot."

I invited her back to my place and once we get there she see's the X-52 Pro on my desk and immediately hops in my chair. I load up DCS A-10C and she goes bananas. We drink a little more and she stays the night... :music_whistling:

Guys.. what the shit...? I do believe DCS helped in me getting some tail. Is this real life? :joystick:

My Specs:

Win 10 Pro 64bit/ i7 6770K 4.5Ghz/32GB DDR4/ GTX 1070 SC/Samsung SSD

Warthog Stick/TWCS Throttle/TrackIR 5

DCS: Chick Magnet... Open Beta soon to be released...

Asus z170 motherboard; Intel i5-6600K OCd to 4,5GHz; Corsair 32GB DDR4 3000MHz; ASUS Cerberus 1070 Ti; Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD; Schiit Valhalla 2 headphone amp w/ Bifrost multibit DAC and Sennheiser 650 headphones; HP Reverb; Saitek x65-F; TrackIR5

All is well in Saint Albains, West Virginia. The birds are chirping, the sun is shining, there's music in the air......

Until the Lassie in question reads this forum-post..........

...................... YGEw9B2.gif

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

k1ar1i.jpg

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

So to make a fairly long and non-related story short and related I'm seeing a woman that works where I work for an ISP. Solid 9/10, nice head on her shoulders, seems pretty down to earth, and pretty interested in me as well. We talk a lot and have seen each other a few times after work but it wasn't anything really serious just friendly conversation.

Well yesterday after work we go get a few drinks and start discussing what our dream jobs would be and all that and after asking her what her's would be, she gives me the answer that her dream job would want to be a fighter pilot.

I nearly choked to death on the appetizer we had. I asked her "You want to be a fighter pilot? Fly fast jets and all that jazz?"

Her answer was priceless. "Well not like Top-Gun. It's a great chick flick, but not what actually happens."

She then asks me what mine would be. I simply say "Well you're not going to believe it, but a fighter pilot."

I invited her back to my place and once we get there she see's the X-52 Pro on my desk and immediately hops in my chair. I load up DCS A-10C and she goes bananas. We drink a little more and she stays the night... :music_whistling:

Guys.. what the shit...? I do believe DCS helped in me getting some tail. Is this real life? :joystick:

Tell me again how it's not like Top Gun?

You were Like:

And Tomorrow at work you'll be like:

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

My friend flyes DCS with his wife, both have their own computer, hotas and stuff, flying a formation on the internet. No joking :thumbup:

It must be great, when you can share your beloved hobby with your beloved person...

But I can't understand why you all want to be fighter pilots, when helo flying is so much more interesting :D

(strong language warning)

Edited by Suchacz

Tell me again how it's not like Top Gun?

Oh Hell No: Definitely not Top-Gun!

cfbjUmG8zGk

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

That's awesome dude! And here I thought I was super lucky that my girl is 100% cool with me flying whenever the hell I have the time and want to.

I keep telling her I'm gonna teach her and she keeps giving me the "Ill learn later" BS. I don't think she will ever try to learn it or take a real interest in it, but at least she's not a pain in the ass about me spending hours flying.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Oh Hell No: Definitely not Top-Gun!

Fine Fine.... Hot Shots...

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I'm probably just paranoid but , ... Are you sure she's not stalking your internet habits ? :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gary how dare you discuss our private life here, I really thought you were different from all the other men, first time I go to your place and you are spreading trash on the internet about me liking fight planes and whatnot as if i'm some disturbed geek!!!

Seriously...it's over. And you have a small joystick.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *