Progress Update

Tango

Hi,

Thought I'd start a progress thread to keep you updated with where we are with things! We don't post very often as we'd prefer to work on bringing you the best simulation possible, but thought it was a good time to update you on progress.

First of all, I'm very pleased to say that most of the systems development is complete now, and we are now testing and tweaking the systems to ensure that they are operating correctly, and displaying the correct parameters at the correct time. We have also been testing the calibration of the various instruments and adjusting as necessary. Work on the model and textures is on-going.

Flight testing of the aircraft is progressing very well, and we are currently tuning the engine-out glide performance. In our testing so far, the engine-idle clean, and engine-idle with air brake extended, show the glide performance to be +/- 2 nm of the stated figures.

Numerous small bugs and logic "issues" have been corrected in the flight director system, so the automatic transition between sub-modes, and manual mode selection appear to be more coherent with similar systems.

Part of the flight director system design philosophy is that no more than 3 modes will ever be presented on the panel simultaneously (two active plus one armed), and in testing I found that a selection of 4 modes was possible, breaking this criteria. The arming logic of the VOR/GS has been changed to be coherent with the active modes, and as such they will not become active until the active operating mode criteria has been reached (before the system was entering the active-standby mode resulting in 4 modes presenting on the panel). This system will be described in much greater depth in the operating manual.

Research into the CC model of the aircraft is on-going, however development of the EB model is reaching maturity, and we hope to bring you more information soon!

Best regards,

Tango.

Edited by Tango

Thanks for this quite unusual update. It´s refreshing to see somebody sctually go into the details of system programming and the issues associtaed with it.

+1

I love this kind of stuff. Even if I probably do not understand all and every detail, it does certainly give a better feeling of what is involved, the odds and end that has to be dealt with when developing a module like this.

Thank you!

thanks for update! keep it up! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Hi,

Thank you for all the comments! We greatly appreciate it.

Nice update thanks!

How is the flight model of the plane coming along?

So far, very well. As I wrote in the update, we are currently tuning glide performance, but more generally the aircraft is performing close to real-world performance.

Given that we are currently working with SFM, there are some things we can't alter in terms of flight model behavior which is affecting performance in particularly the high altitude/high speed flight regime. That said, in testing so far, such things as time-to-climb are very close to the real-world performance (e.g. if the book states 6 minutes to FL200, we see 6 mins 30 sec). I think all things considered, that is very good.

Like you, we can't wait to get PFM for this, but the SFM version is certainly not going to disappoint.

Best regards,

Tango.

Edited by Tango

Sounds, good. But with the SFM, we won't have the wheelbrake on an axis, right? :(

regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We're working on it! :D

Note carefully that this is in no way an indicator to release dates, and we will neither comment on nor speculate about when we might be able to release this to you.

Best regards,

Tango.

We're working on it! :D

Note carefully that this is in no way an indicator to release dates, and we will neither comment on nor speculate about when we might be able to release this to you.

Best regards,

Tango.

Well done my friend.. Well done!

:thumbup:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Nice! :thumbup:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

This evening we have been testing the C-101 in EDGE, in both single and multi-player.

The C-101 is currently under-going final internal testing prior to being sent to the ED testers.

We are very pleased to have reached this stage, and thank again our technical advisers, pilots, and testers for assisting with the development.

If you haven't already, please check the eye-candy thread here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=126869

Best regards,

Tango, and the AvioDev Team.