Template Sabre

Mainstay

I've installed all the repaints downloaded here: C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Liveries\F-86F Sabre

And I've let the original repaint here: C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\CoreMods\aircraft\F-86\Textures

Once in my "Mission Planner" I can just watch the repaints downladed but not the original repaint from Belsimtek.

Please anyone can explain to me the process for have in the same time into my "Mission Planner" the original repaint of BST and your repaints ?

Thanks in advance, Skull.

Make a Folder in /Liveries/F-86F Sabre/ (Name it Default) (so: /Liveries/F-86F Sabre/Default/)

Make a Livery Folder and Desc.LUA For the Original Paint.

(The Current Build has no Liveries, the game is simply loading the base textures that were applied to the model in Max.)

So Make the Description.LUA with:

livery = {
{"F86_MAIN", 0,"f-86f_main_DIF", true}, -- Fuselage Diffuse Texture

}

name = "Default Livery"
countries = {
"USA",
}

This will tell the game to load the default Main Diffuse texture, you dont need to list the other textures as they are the default textures applied to the model if not defined.

Screen_140810_151658.thumb.jpg.c2db303e3cdce656e73078788c40d2c9.jpg

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello SkateZilla,

SUPER, I would like to thank you for all your talent and your kindness.

Now everything work fine.

Thanks again, Skull.

I've shared, you do the rest. ;)

Link- https://yadi.sk/d/GmwjfLZ9ZMYz5 :)

Is this a layered file? I'm not the strongest GIMP user (and don't have Photoshop) so I may have done something wrong. But when I open the psd file it's just one layer that has been cleaned up some but has part of the USAF emblem on the sides of the fuselage. I just want to make sure I'm not messing something up.

Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If I have too,

I'll do the Layers for Panel Lines / Rivets, Weathering, Text/Labels etc. using the Default as the Base.

So it' be:

-Panel Lines / Rivets

-Weathering

-Caution/Warnings/Panel Labels (Text)

-Base Silver Remove the Current markings, make it completely Silver.

But it would be a weekend project this weekend.

And I'm pretty sure some stuff might be getting moved around.

I'll prolly start making the top layers tonight.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

I started trying to make my own layers but I don't have even close to enough time. I once did some layering for the Huey but for some reason it was easier. I can't tackle this beast.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Big thanks to you guys in this thread.

I have been playing with the base layer that has been shared.

Here is my first attempt at a skin. Still Very Much WIP.

533893686_RedArrow.thumb.jpg.a00718dc9783bbcc872fbeb1e03ed466.jpg

i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz

Asrock Z77 Exreme 4

16Gb DDR3 1866mhz

Samsung evo 850 SSD

Nvidia GTX 970

If I have too,

I'll do the Layers for Panel Lines / Rivets, Weathering, Text/Labels etc. using the Default as the Base.

So it' be:

-Panel Lines / Rivets

-Weathering

-Caution/Warnings/Panel Labels (Text)

-Base Silver Remove the Current markings, make it completely Silver.

But it would be a weekend project this weekend.

And I'm pretty sure some stuff might be getting moved around.

I'll prolly start making the top layers tonight.

Thanks so much! If you dont mind that is. I will make the 'Nam' era camo skin as soon as I have that. Im trying with the current single layer psd and I dont think it will work out. I did make this one for a friend just for fun...

peru10.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yeah, i'm working on the stencil text layer, some stuff isnt clear so i'm looking around for images to figure out what it says.

Thanks so much! If you dont mind that is. I will make the 'Nam' era camo skin as soon as I have that. Im trying with the current single layer psd and I dont think it will work out. I did make this one for a friend just for fun...

Right now some of the fuselage text to too blurred to make out,

ie:

"USE OIL PER

SPEC MIL <something>

GRADE 100<x> or 101<x>"

"JACK PER T.O. <NUMBER LOOKS LIKE IFXXSFD2>

Edited by SkateZilla

Right now some of the fuselage text to too blurred to make out,

ie:

"USE OIL PER

SPEC MIL <something>

GRADE 100<x> or 101<x>"

Yeah, I noticed that last night when I was making the Peruvian jet. Some is almost readable, but the rest is blurred. Hopefully we get better, more detailed textures as the work progresses with the 86.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

this is where i'm at so far with re-doing the text, most of the left side is done,

I filled in what I thought some of the stenciling said,

there's several stencils that used the wrong font it looked like ("e"s didn't look anything like USAF Stencils on some spots).

The panel lines and rivets are gonna take forever though...

F-86_NEW_TEXT.thumb.png.2d95fafe753d04e4d1120c6436108e55.png

Edited by SkateZilla

Last update before I call it a night tonight.

I finished the text stencils on the left and right sides of the fuselage, bottom fuselage, and vertical tail.

Along with the base silver texturing w/ panel lines and light weathering, (two separate layers, one for silver/light camos, one for dark camos.)

May add more weathering as an option, but prolly wont.

Instead of re-drawing each panel line and rivet I used heavy filters on the specular map and moved it to the diffuse map, I'll tweak with it last, but it should do fine since the bump and the specular make the panels and rivets appear on even a blank diffuse texture.

this is with just the base and stencil decals, will add more to the fuselage during the 2nd run (misc decals etc)

Tomorrow I'll start working on the wings and transferring other default textures (gear bays etc) to it's own layer.

BTW it's already A 200MB PSD, with just the wing stencils and other details left,

If I can I'll merge the text layers to see if it cuts down on size. (should drop it to about 140)

If I leave text as text layers, you can fix the jibberish on some of the stencils, lol, and you'd be able to change the colors and what not.

F-86_NEW_TEXT3.thumb.png.71e613fc3ff273a3c25234190f67d388.png

Edited by SkateZilla

I finished the text stencils on the left and right sides of the fuselage, bottom fuselage, and vertical tail.

Along with the base silver texturing w/ panel lines and light weathering, (two separate layers, one for silver/light camos, one for dark camos.)

Instead of re-drawing each panel line and rivet I used heavy filters on the specular map and moved it to the diffuse map, I'll tweak with it last, but it should do fine since the bump and the specular make the panels and rivets appear on even a blank diffuse texture.

this is with just the base and stencil decals, will add more to the fuselage during the 2nd run (misc decals etc)

Tomorrow I'll start working on the wings and transferring other default textures (gear bays etc) to it's own layer.

BTW it's already A 200MB PSD, with just the wing stencils and other details left,

If I can I'll merge the text layers to see if it cuts down on size. (should drop it to about 140)

If I leave text as text layers, you can fix the jibberish on some of the stencils, lol, and you'd be able to change the colors and what not.

File upload :)

20031132427441934310053.jpg

File upload :)

I'll prolly put it on my google drive when it's finished.

When I closed it last night it was 200 MB,

I still have the wing text stencils to do, plus the standard decals for fuel fill ports, etc.

I'm gonna try and combine as many of the layers as I can, But I don't really want to combine the text layers, as soon as you rastorize them they'll lose quality.

Rastorizing and combining all the text layers would drop the current PSD by 70MB, I also have reference layers to delete too. That's up to everyone here, I can save a separate PSD with Rastorized and Combined Text Layers, and upload the vector text version separate.

I'm hoping to have it finished tonight, but I have a hockey game, so I'll only have a few hours after work to work on it.

I forgot the send it to my skydrive this morning so I cant download it to work on it in my office.

it will be an Adobe CS5 PSD with compatibility mode.

GREAT WORK!!! Lookin good man.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GREAT WORK!!! Lookin good man.

Should be done by this weekend, at work right now, but all I have left is the wings and other misc decals.

and to test it with random camo schemes and stuff.

I'll make sure to upload it BEFORE I tear down my PC to adjust everything for the GPU additions.

I really like all of the skins! I can't believe that the template is not out, yet there are so many great skins out, already. Even though we don't have a CAC Sabre, I can't wait to see some Sabers with kangaroos in their rondelles. :thumbup:

Posted a few skins to the site for your amusement:

[ATTACH]102590[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]102591[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]102592[/ATTACH]

There are more, they will all be redone properly once the template becomes available, have fun for now !!!

Hi Crazy Ted, could I have these skins as they are really good and I like RAF skins. Thank you

Mizzy

Mizzy

I uploaded them to the site two nights ago, still awaiting authorisation I assume, should be around (if they are approved) in the next day or two.

I have a few supplemental SAAF skins to add to that pack, plus one USMC, which I will upload once the first lot are on line.

Currently working on some RAF Camo skins, and they are a real pig to get right with the blue and metalic undersides !!!!!!!!

Eddie

Mizzy

I uploaded them to the site two nights ago, still awaiting authorisation I assume, should be around (if they are approved) in the next day or two.

I have a few supplemental SAAF skins to add to that pack, plus one USMC, which I will upload once the first lot are on line.

Currently working on some RAF Camo skins, and they are a real pig to get right with the blue and metalic undersides !!!!!!!!

Eddie

Awh thanks Ted, they look great and I use your Phantom skins as well, I know they are not for the right F4 Phantoms, especially the RAF but they are great. Very talented. Btw, south west England !! Bristol ?

best regards.

Mizzy