MiG-21Bis Fishbed Preview and Tutorial Videos

Bunyap

I do a quick transfer of the stick to the left hand. I really don't know what I would do if I had a side stick configuration like I used to...

After watching all the review videos, I'm a little worried about the operation workload distribution: since most operation were done by mouse, even the flaps, gear, radar ....

The number of operations done by mouse is beyond my previous image. So I think how to optimize the control stick/throttle key mapping could be more challenging than other ACs.

Hope we can hear some suggestions on this part from you and other reviewers.

Thanks~:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

After watching all the review videos, I'm a little worried about the operation workload distribution: since most operation were done by mouse, even the flaps, gear, radar ....

The number of operations done by mouse is beyond my previous image. So I think how to optimize the control stick/throttle key mapping could be more challenging than other ACs.

Hope we can hear some suggestions on this part from you and other reviewers.

Thanks~:thumbup:

I always use keyboard commands for Flaps, Gear and lights, rather than reaching over to the mouse.

Video #8 is up. I recorded a few more over the weekend covering navigation so I hope to keep running these every couple days until release, whenever that may be.

A commenter over at the youtube channel pointed out that the boundary layer control system (aka "blown flaps") is disabled when the throttle is pulled past the "landing" position and into idle. That explains a lot about the quality of the landings I have been making so far including one later in the series where the loss of lift as I pulled the throttle back to idle during the flare is extremely pronounced. That is a very nice touch and it serves me right for not paying closer attention to the manual!

• Like 1

Video #8 is up. I recorded a few more over the weekend covering navigation so I hope to keep running these every couple days until release, whenever that may be.

A commenter over at the youtube channel pointed out that the boundary layer control system (aka "blown flaps") is disabled when the throttle is pulled past the "landing" position and into idle. That explains a lot about the quality of the landings I have been making so far including one later in the series where the loss of lift as I pulled the throttle back to idle during the flare is extremely pronounced. That is a very nice touch and it serves me right for not paying closer attention to the manual!

Great video as always Bunyap!

To open the canopy: Unseal it, unlock it, and then either the normal keypress should work, or you can click the red info placard (just to the left of the main upper panel) to open it up.

The device next to your ASP (Gunsight) is the gun camera. It is shown/hidden by a flipswitch on the right hand side vertical panel, right next to the one that turns on the gunsight itself.

With regards to an older video: Seat adjustment feature has been removed as it can't currently be properly implemented.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Bunyap, are all the controls mappable to the HOTAS in the settings?

From what I can tell, absolutely. The list of controls is comprehensive to say the least.

Cobra, thanks for the clarification on the canopy! I have no idea why I couldn't figure that out.

The most important question is:

How does it look in the Rift? I'm dying to know. :D

Welcome back Bunyap, thanks for all the entertainment so far.

It is actually quite good with the Rift! I feel like I am going to hurt myself bumping into all the switches and levers. A ton of detail stands out that you just don't notice on a 2D screen. As a (very bad) 3d modeler, I can appreciate the work that went into it.

Part 9 is up... The preview is now going to run through at least 16 videos not counting an Oculus Rift mission I'm recording this weekend.

It is actually quite good with the Rift! I feel like I am going to hurt myself bumping into all the switches and levers. A ton of detail stands out that you just don't notice on a 2D screen. As a (very bad) 3d modeler, I can appreciate the work that went into it.

Part 9 is up... The preview is now going to run through at least 16 videos not counting an Oculus Rift mission I'm recording this weekend.

While witnessing the effort put into the MiG-21bis may humble you quite a bit, I will always appreciate your support for the SFP1 community. For those who don't know it, Bunyap has been around in the combat flight sim community for some time and provided a lot of great material for free. See for yourself: http://bunyap.powweb.com/

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anyone about navigation?

I´m very interested to see RSBN in action

Videos 11 - 16 coming up next week will cover that. :)

lol, Streakeagle, I thought that site died years ago. :) This is the first time in years I have had that same kind of free time. I really missed this stuff.

Edited by Bunyap

Video #10 is up. I recorded some more covering navigation already so the series will continue every couple days until release.

So you DO know the release date then?

AMD FX-6300

8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP DDR3 RAM

SAPPHIRE HD 7790 DUAL-X O/C 1GB DDR5

2TB SEAGATE HDD

WIN7 ULTIMATE X64

While witnessing the effort put into the MiG-21bis may humble you quite a bit, I will always appreciate your support for the SFP1 community. For those who don't know it, Bunyap has been around in the combat flight sim community for some time and provided a lot of great material for free. See for yourself: http://bunyap.powweb.com/

Oh I knew I've heard or seen his nick name somewhere else…I have dropped plenty of bombs on that range.

http://www.masterarms.se A Swedish Combat Flight Simulator Community.