GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

1 hour ago, MB2_Svejk said:

We need such vibration motors for our gametrix or JETPAD, they must work from 1.5 volts. Otherwise, look for 3-6volt on Aliexpress, I haven't tried any specific ones yet. I got the one in the video from Andre, unfortunately the ones in the 1.5 volt pad don't work even though they look the same.

The motors with nominal voltage 12 Volt are not obliged to work from 1.5 Volt. I don't think your test is qite correct.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 hours ago, =Andre= said:

The motors with nominal voltage 12 Volt are not obliged to work from 1.5 Volt. I don't think your test is qite correct.

Agreed. Trying a 9 Volt battery is better.   

I am currently fine running my JetSeat with an 8V Adapter setting.  My adapter is programable from 5V to 20 V I have never gone over 12V)

• Thanks 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

14 hours ago, =Andre= said:

That depends on the Gametrix Control Panel settings.

May I see a screenshot?

Sure. Testing it with settings as below, I couldn't tell any difference in the intensity. I clicked "Apply" after the changes, not sure if that matters or not.

image.png

image.png

I also tried checking the "Manual control" box and clicking "Apply", then adjusting the knob on the controller, but again, I couldn't tell a difference.

EDIT: I tried the Russian Gametrix software instead, and that seems to have fixed it. Thank you!

However, I also realized during testing that motor zone 2 was not responding. I can't find any damaged or disconnected wires. I measured the voltage between the pins at that connection though, and measured 0 voltage with those motors in test. Zone 1 worked in test, and measured 9 volts at my current setting, so I don't believe it's a measurement error, or an issue with the wiring or motors. Is it feasible to repair this, or will the board need replaced?

Edited by nairb121
Found solution, but also additional problem

5 hours ago, nairb121 said:

Sure. Testing it with settings as below, I couldn't tell any difference in the intensity. I clicked "Apply" after the changes, not sure if that matters or not.

image.png

image.png

I also tried checking the "Manual control" box and clicking "Apply", then adjusting the knob on the controller, but again, I couldn't tell a difference.

EDIT: I tried the Russian Gametrix software instead, and that seems to have fixed it. Thank you!

However, I also realized during testing that motor zone 2 was not responding. I can't find any damaged or disconnected wires. I measured the voltage between the pins at that connection though, and measured 0 voltage with those motors in test. Zone 1 worked in test, and measured 9 volts at my current setting, so I don't believe it's a measurement error, or an issue with the wiring or motors. Is it feasible to repair this, or will the board need replaced?

Yes, it can be fixed. I will PM you and we arrange it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 hours ago, greyeagle787 said:

Have had my Jetseat for about a year now and just recently my #4 transducer/vibrator stopped working. Is there a fix for this? Thanks

Yes, it can be fixed. I've sent you email regarding that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
When Gametrix went out of business, I bought a second jet seat to be safe. My original one had at least one motor that was weak or stopped, rather than fixing it, I set it aside to provide spare parts. After all these years, I finally had two motors stop in the newer seat. Both had a broken wire, but only one worked after soldering the broken wires. I grabbed a spare motor from the original seat, now I the newer one is at 100%.
I am interested in restoring the original seat, which needs at least one new motor to replace the one I used to fix the newer seat. I think somewhere in this forum are the motor specs. I want to get a new one if they are readily available in the USA.
Did you ever find replacement motors?

One of my motors stopped working but I have not found which ones I would have to buy.

https://imgur.com/a/4TB869E

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

1 hour ago, sze5003 said:

Did you ever find replacement motors?

One of my motors stopped working but I have not found which ones I would have to buy.

https://imgur.com/a/4TB869E

I found several options between eBay and Amazon, but never decided on which one to try. They all seem fairly cheap/disposable, so if I guess wrong it won't cost too much. But the specs were slightly different. I couldn't figure out which spec was the most correct.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My KW-908 has just stopped working, power is on, checked 12v at the power connector, DIN has no bent pins, but no red light, just dead.

Can anyone provide me with a pin-out for the DIN so I can trace power to the controller unit?  Anyone had similar experiences?  Was working fine and nothing untoward had happened I was aware of.  Cables all look intact and as I said, no bent pins which are the common culprit.  I put the multimeter across both sides of the DPST power switch switch and found no voltage at all.  I don't think power is getting to it.  Is there a more definitive check for this that I can do?

• 1 month later...

Hi, I've got problems with my Jetseat, it has stopped working, I've tried the troubleshooting guide, but can't get the PC to recognize it's presence, plugging the USB into another PC got no response either. Does anyone have any suggestions? Andre, could it be the cable/controller? if so can you purchase a replacement.

3 hours ago, craigcordiner said:

Hi, I've got problems with my Jetseat, it has stopped working, I've tried the troubleshooting guide, but can't get the PC to recognize it's presence, plugging the USB into another PC got no response either. Does anyone have any suggestions? Andre, could it be the cable/controller? if so can you purchase a replacement.

Hi,

Maybe a cable/controller. Most likely the firmware. Everithing can be fixed, one way or another.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 hours ago, =Andre= said:

Try to reload the firmware again.

When I have tried this I get a USB device not recognized error. Anytime its plugged in, any thoughts on that? 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

39 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

When I have tried this I get a USB device not recognized error. Anytime its plugged in, any thoughts on that? 

That's usually fixed by the firmware update as described in the User Guide https://simshaker.com/guides/jetpad

If no luck, you probably need to replace/fix hardware.

1 hour ago, craigcordiner said:

Following the instructions  to update the firmware, I get no update of new drivers, and using the firmware updater I get no update of firmware blocks of OK message. Running the jet seat control panel - I get a disconnected message. 

Well if you tried several times with no luck, let's get down to hardware issues. Please PM me your order details so we could arrange that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

23 minutes ago, =Andre= said:

That's usually fixed by the firmware update as described in the User Guide https://simshaker.com/guides/jetpad

If no luck, you probably need to replace/fix hardware.

Well if you tried several times with no luck, let's get down to hardware issues. Please PM me your order details so we could arrange that.

I followed the procedure in the past, but its not working this time. The unit has the green power light on, and the USB tries to work, just with that USB device not recognized error each time the USB is connected. 

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

9 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

I followed the procedure in the past, but its not working this time. The unit has the green power light on, and the USB tries to work, just with that USB device not recognized error each time the USB is connected. 

As I mentioned above,  you probably need to replace/fix hardware. Please PM me your order details so we could arrange that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

12 hours ago, =Andre= said:

As I mentioned above,  you probably need to replace/fix hardware. Please PM me your order details so we could arrange that.

After you mentioned hardware I opened up the control box and found one of the wire connectors askew and not making full contact, reseated it and now it works fine again. Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harlikwin said:

After you mentioned hardware I opened up the control box and found one of the wire connectors askew and not making full contact, reseated it and now it works fine again. Thanks!

Nice one! That must be a relief to find.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat