104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

wrong thread?

I dont think so Dude :)

This request is made directly to the administrator of 104th Phoenix Dedicated server.

You are the only ones we can ask for it, RIPTIDE :D and deliting that conf. file would make our life a bit easier :)

Edited by =Pedro=

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Nice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitch:

My Specs:

i7 8700K, 32gig Corsair DDR4 3000Mhz, 2080ti, Obutto R3volution, VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCG Pro EN, Warthog Throttle, Saitek Combat Pedals, Oculus Rift S

MMSOBGYTAST!

;2377651']Ok' date=' we will look at this for you later today for the weekend![/quote']

Thanks Mav ;)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

I dont think so Dude :)

This request is made directly to the administrator of 104th Phoenix Dedicated server.

You are the only ones we can ask for it, RIPTIDE :D and deliting that conf. file would make our life a bit easier :)

Forgive me, I actually thought it was an erroneous post. lol

However, none of our mission files contain any view.lua settings or forced view options (outside of externals locked down etc). IIRC the last time the 104th did this was in the early weeks of FC2 release. And that was a long time ago.

Edited by RIPTIDE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forgive me, I actually thought it was an erroneous post. lol

However, none of our mission files contain any view.lua settings or forced view options (outside of externals locked down etc). IIRC the last time the 104th did this was in the early weeks of FC2 release. And that was a long time ago.

There is nothing to forgive bro:) My post actually looks like it should have been posted on a different section of this forum and I should have described what I was about but my lazyness forced me to just copy and paste someone else post here :) :D

All the best and see you in the sky :)

25459d1280053482-31-2.jpg

We are removing the Mig21 from our server for the next week to test stability without it running in the missions.

We have had reports from our friends at =TAW= that the Mig21 may be guilty of creating lag spikes and other issues to clients in the server not flying the Mig21.

To us stability is paramount, so we are going to see how we get on for a week without the Mig21 in the server. If we notice an improvement in stability we will not include the Mig21 again until the issues associated with it are fixed.

If there is no noticeable improvement we will add it back in at the end of the week.

We will keep you updated via this thread!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;2379526']...

We are removing the Mig21 from our server for the next week to test stability without it running in the missions.

:thumbup:

Remove all that 3rd party models and punish them because they were not optimized. One thing is just to watch a detailed model and the other to have it in the game. I do not understand why ED is allowed to somebody else's models destabilize multiplayer.

Look here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=139429

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Thank you for the 80's weekend. unfortunately I could only join saturday but had a good time.

I normally only brings sparrows anyway (can't remember when i last time fired a slammer online), so for me the loadout was the same. But it made it a little easier to bring down those eagle drivers who never fired a sparrow. :)

Hope to see that again soon. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

It's been like this since the Mig-21 was released.

The issue with the Mig-21 is that whenever someone first loads it, he has a freeze of a few seconds.

So, if you join a server that has no Mig-21 in the 3d yet, you will get a freeze while flying when someone takes a Mig-21. Anyone who is looking at you at that time that have already loaded a Mig-21 previously, would see you warping.

Workaround - Put a Mig-21 on ramp start, uncontrolled somewhere in the 3d map that no one will destroy.

It is recommended to put all the used modules in the mission like that for better stability.

Also, because we cannot control what rig is running DCS, some players have lower end rigs, if stability is what's needed, reduce the 'Scenes' to medium or even low, as these 3rd party modules such as Mig-21, MI-8, UH-1H are not optimized and are very detailed, low end rigs have problems with them.

I think Greg from the 373vfs have wrote a guide on stability somewhere which let's you get to around 60 players.

We've had that issue covered for a long time xcom with the same solution that you posted.

We are now looking at different issues that =TAW= have potentially identified with their TacView analysis from what was going on in their server.

Seemingly random lag spikes / drops in performance may actually be caused by the Mig21 performing actions. After removing the Mig21 =TAW= noticed a marked improvement in the reduction of said lag spikes etc.

I don't know all the ins and outs just yet but for this week we are going to run without it and see how we get on.

Its a fantastic aircraft and addition to DCS that we really want to have included, but not at the cost of other users stability.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

80s weekend was a blast!

thank you : )

it was a good change - adds variety

hope we see it again!

8)

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Identifying problems like this is very difficult as there are no errors produced in the logfiles, there may be other reasons for lag also of course. But testing this on the 104th is good and will hopefully give more answers than questions.

Also, because we cannot control what rig is running DCS, some players have lower end rigs, if stability is what's needed, reduce the 'Scenes' to medium or even low, as these 3rd party modules such as Mig-21, MI-8, UH-1H are not optimized and are very detailed, low end rigs have problems with them.

Other than the above and the Mig-21 known issue, the main stability problems occur from spawning in ,ground movements or actions and weapon issues such as P-51 bullets and cluster bombs effects on log rigs.

I would suggest TAW and the 104th to take a closer look at the TRK file, I run many big scale missions on DCS Israel and usually these are the main problems, not the mig-21 model by itself.

Edited by xcom

I find it quite frustrating that you will be removing the Mig21 from the server to see if that will rectify the problem, i understand trouble shooting etc, and hopefully it will be temporary pain. The boring mish mash of F-15 spamraam slaughter won't be any fun. Hopefully you will return the UH1H to more missions also.

Thanks for the great server.

• Like 1

With the 104'th pretty much having a monopoly on populated multiplayer servers, the decision to remove the mig-21 has singlehandledly put a complete stop for dcs to me and my friends and I can only hope that it comes back on monday, instead of getting a death sentence based on subjective, non-quantifiable performance issues/gains.

instead of getting a death sentence based on subjective, non-quantifiable performance issues/gains.

Its actually very quantifiable.

Our server has crashed once all week. Based on feedback from users that fly almost everyday (including myself) server performance has been noticeably better.

We have noticed a significant drop in issues such as screen freezes, lagging ECG style contrails and the CPU performance has improved. So right now it's not looking very good for it being introduced again next week.

There are other servers that cater for the Mig21 that you can fly in, if anything our removal of it should help these servers see more people flying the Mig21 in them.

And strictly speaking its not put an end to your DCS experience, you were flying in our server yesterday.

We didn't do this to piss you off, so your reaction is a little over reactive.

We choose to do this based on good information from another Squadron for the sake of stability. Stability that transfers to the vastly greater number of clients who do not fly the Mig21 in our server. Clients who have supported our server for years.

This is our priority, we want to maintain as stable a platform as possible for people to enjoy, if that means sacrificing modules that upset that stability then ultimately we are ok with that.

I would again point out that our server has crashed once all week, normally we deal with crashes on a daily basis and have to have admins available to restart the server at such times.

I hope the gravity of this is not lost on you, despite your feelings about us removing it, and you can clearly understand this means the server does in fact run much better without the Mig21 included in it.

We will debate internally regarding reintroducing it next week, however one of the options that is being considered is keeping it removed until a fix can be introduced for it.

Narrowing down the specific cause is going to be difficult, right now all we know is that the server runs much more stable with the Mig21 removed, this has been proven. Not just by us but by =TAW=.

But if we can help with testing to find the cause we will.... ultimately you too are part of the community we aim to serve, and if we can have the Mig21 included to please guys like you, we 100% will!

I just hope you can see the bigger picture and see it from our point of view rather than simply get frustrated because of your passion for flying the aircraft.

The facts are simple, the server crashed at least once a day with the Mig21 included.

It has crashed once in a week with it removed. This has to play a major part in our decision about reintroducing it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

;2382980']

We didn't do this to piss you off, so your reaction is a little over reactive.

My reaction is not of anger but disappointment, and I do understand that the decision obviously had nothing to do with me personally (I can't imagine highway getting that angry over me trailing his su-25 for ages with busted gears ;) )

I just hope you can see the bigger picture and see it from our point of view rather than simply get frustrated because of your passion for flying the aircraft.

I can understand the rationale and your point of view completely, but that doesn't mean I agree with it. In my opinion the best pvp server in DCS also deserves to have high fidelity fighters on it for the best possible experience

However I can't do much else than protest against it's exclusion and hope for the best

I totally understand this decision and with stability in mind it is a small sacrifice for something far more desirable.

Perhaps 104th could consider adding the Mig-21 to just one particular mission in rotation. I don't know how the Mig-21 affects crashes whether it is 100% inclusion = crash or the -21 causes random crashes, a compromise is something to maybe consider in the future.

In such a large server my wooden computer suffers either way. :)

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org