THE MOTION PICTURE THREAD

leafer

Just watched Star Trek: Into darkness... don't know what it is about you JJ Abrams... but kudos to your talent Sir!

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Folks,

I've just watched "Star Fighter" this evening on a streaming website.

This movie is about the story of the famous Lockheed F-104 Starfighter, bought by the Federal Republic of Germany in the mid 60's, and the reputation that got her named "the widowmaker".

Although, the movie is quite romanced, I found it interesting to watch and I really enjoyed it since I haven't seen time passing by.

Unfortunatly, I could not find any English trailer :

I hope you'll be able to enjoy it as I did.

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, Intel Core i7-2600K (3.4 GHz), Corsair Vengeance 2x4096 Mo DDR3 1866 MHz, SSD 120 Go Vertex 2, EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4Go (04G-P4-2978-KR), TM HOTAS Warthog #03797 (MB replaced), Saitek Combat Pro Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM Cougar MFDs with Lilliput 8" UM 80

• 1 month later...

Hanna

Hanna

I'm not quite sure what to make of the film, and its story.

But movies about teenage professional killers are always fun. :)

Also, the lead actress is amazing, I guess we'll see a lot more from her in the years to come (unless she decides to go the drug abuse and excessive everything way that so often comes with young age and too much fame... time will tell).

• 3 weeks later...

I don't enjoy any X-Men-like movies anymore and I simply hate Hollywood jolly movies but this movie got me by surprise and is easily one of the best movies I've seen this year! And yes, this is pretty much a comedy. It even contains parodies of some of the common cliches I hate! :)

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

MV5BMTAwMjU5OTgxNjZeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDUxNDYxODEx._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The Hunter

The trailer doesn't do the film justice. Let me just say this: It's a great movie, very intense, with beautiful landscapes, and a good plot that doesn't follow your typical Hollywood movie. Just don't watch it when you're in a bad mood to begin with.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Mystic River

I just watched it for the first time. It's a slow paced movie, very intelligent. It'll mislead you, but never in an unfair, Deus ex machina type of way. The cast is amazing, and Clint Eastwood's directing is superb. It wouldn't be far fetched to call this a masterpiece of film making, definitely worth spending the almost 2 1/2 hours it takes.

• 2 weeks later...

Long day - Terminator 1 and 2. :)

Thank divine entities for Netflix - I believe this may have been the very fist time I watched Terminator 1 uncut.

I was surprised that Terminator 2 is, to this day, a pretty epic continuation of one of the greatest movies of all times. Edward Furlong was brilliant in it, and the story is pretty clever.

Of course not anyone agrees, though... :D

Edited by Yurgon

• 2 weeks later...

Looper

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, another stupid time travel movie, and because of 12 Monkeys of course it stars Bruce Willis" I heard myself think two hours ago. Well. It's a great movie, and I'm glad I didn't listen to myself back then. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

[ame]

[/ame]

Classic Independent film, by someone who cared and combined hap-kido and Jung, whilst exposing so much wrong

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

• 2 months later...

Drive

Didn't expect much, since it started like a "Transporter" clone.

But it's actually a really good movie IMO. Directing, camera, music, actors, all of these are superb, even though the story isn't that intriguing. Balances a fine line between art and action, and doesn't tumble.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The previous movie was good but nothing compared to the novel it was based on.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Haven't read the book yet (shame on me, I know :music_whistling:), but this movie actually sounds intriguing. Gosling is an amazing actor, and having Ford pick up his role is pretty cool. Guess I'll watch it once it's available on Netflix here some three or so years from now. ;)