C-101EB Interactive Training Missions

uboats

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.07 - Training Ramp Start

Starting the GPU:

If you haven’t bound the key for the GPU, set it now by pressing “ESC” then clicking “Adjust Controls”. Next, select “CUSTOM KEYS” in the drop down list, and map your chosen key press to the “GPU Connection” key.

Is the "CUSTOM KEYS" section not out of date?

Version 1.07 - Training Ramp Start

Starting the GPU:

Is the "CUSTOM KEYS" section not out of date?

i have fixed it

thanks for the comment

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First of all, I thank uboats for making the excellent training missions for the C-101 when there were none.

Since the last DCS World update in my Missions/EN/Training-folder of the C-101 there is this file: C-101-Training-L01-Start-Up-V1.3.miz. It does not show up in the game however. Even removing the folders of uboats' training missions (temporarily of course) doesn't help to make this mission show up.

I think the start-up.miz is made by AvioDev. But what do I have to do to be able to fly this mission without loosing uboats missions?

Kind regards,

Ikarushin

thanks for your positive comments!

@Ikarushin

install my training mission, then enter 'C-101\Missions\EN\Training\C-101EB Aircraft Operation' folder, create a folder named '2'

put Aviodev's 'C-101-Training-L01-Start-Up-V1.3.miz' and the 'lesson.lua' into '2'

then you should be able to see both ramp start lessons in game.

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Thanks uboats for your advice. Much appreciated.

Tried it of course, but somehow it doesn't work.

Looking more closely, I saw that the .lua of the AvioDev mission is named "lessons.lua". Renaming it to "lesson.lua" (both .miz and .lua in the new "2" folder) made the situation worse: after starting the game and clicking my way to the tab of the C-101, there now appeared the missions of the modules next to it (either the A-10C or the FC3 in my case). Changing the .lua back to its original name ("lessons.lua") solves that problem, your missions are again available, but not the AvioDev mission.

I'm truly baffled about this and don't know how to solve this.

Kind regards,

Ikarushin

Thanks uboats for your advice. Much appreciated.

Tried it of course, but somehow it doesn't work.

rename lessons.lua to lesson.lua, and then use below to replace the original content (notepad++)

lesson = 
{
   file = "C-101-Training-L01-Start-Up-V1.3.miz",
   name = "Lesson #1 Cold and Dark Ramp Start",
   description = "Lesson to learn and practice the Ramp Start",
   keySort = 1
} -- end of lessons

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello uboats,

Thank you for your reply. Only now did I have time to try your solution. Partial success: after changing the .lua (name and content) the

mission did show up in the menu. But after starting it, I only got a black screen. On the bottom of the screen there is a pause/play button

and a progress bar, so it seems that a video should be playing?

If you have further suggestions, I would appreciate that very much.

Kind regards,

Ikarushin

Hello uboats,

Thank you for your reply. Only now did I have time to try your solution. Partial success: after changing the .lua (name and content) the

mission did show up in the menu. But after starting it, I only got a black screen. On the bottom of the screen there is a pause/play button

and a progress bar, so it seems that a video should be playing?

If you have further suggestions, I would appreciate that very much.

Kind regards,

Ikarushin

my mistake, updated the content of lesson.lua

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello uboats,

Thank you for your continuous efforts to help me. I'm sorry to say that the updated content of the lua-file didn't make the difference. The mission is visible in the menu, but after starting it, again only a black screen appears.

If you're still willing to think about this problem, I would appreciate it of course. And otherwise, I'm fully willing to accept the loss of the AvioDev training mission: thanks to you I have after all three very well made training missions.

Kind regards,

Ikarushin

Hello uboats,

Thank you for your continuous efforts to help me. I'm sorry to say that the updated content of the lua-file didn't make the difference. The mission is visible in the menu, but after starting it, again only a black screen appears.

If you're still willing to think about this problem, I would appreciate it of course. And otherwise, I'm fully willing to accept the loss of the AvioDev training mission: thanks to you I have after all three very well made training missions.

Kind regards,

Ikarushin

I find the problem

you should rename the miz file to 'C-101-Training-L01-Start-Up.miz'

and use the attached lesson.lua

lesson.lua

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello uboats,

You did it. The AvioDev training mission works. Thank you for your continuous support and for solving this problem.

Thanks,

With kind regards,

Ikarushin

good to know. you are welcome

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 years later...

So, when I install the EN folder, to replace the original EN folder in Training (this is my first time), will it overwrite the original mission files that come with the C-101CC variant?

Thanks in advance, 

Blue