Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Tacview Holiday Sale: 40% off Standard and Advanced licenses

Tacview holiday sale has started!

From Dec 21st to Jan 4th, 40% off Tacview Standard and Tacview Advanced licenses including group buy.

http://tacview.net/purchase/

If you want to upgrade your Tacview Standard edition to Tacview Advanced, please send me an email with your name and current product key. I will return you a coupon to buy the upgrade at the reduced price.

Do not worry if I do not answer right away, be assured that you will get a reply as soon as possible.

943746823767904257.png

Tacview 1.7.0 should be available very soon:

• I am putting the finishing touches on the new database: With this new module, which is replacing 10-year-old code, Tacview will be able to identify and display the appropriate information on any object on the battlefield much more efficiently.
  • Numerous 3D models have been added or enhanced, so you should soon be able to see your favorite aircraft, regardless of the simulator or real-life telemetry data you are reviewing.
  • Registered users will be able to use the brand-new media player, to play back up to four audio/video media from your flight, always synchronized with the 3D view and the telemetry data.

A surprise is also awaiting you next year, stay tuned!

Edited by Vyrtuoz
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Just a random question.

A long time ago, I saw a video where someone had gotten the Tacview exporter to export static buildings, along with their health. Being someone who predominantly does A2G, is this something that we will hope to see integrated into Tacview proper at some point?

Edit:

For reference, here is the video that I am talking about:

One more question, has or is anybody doing a Normandy ground textures add-on for Tacview? It really feels kind of missing :huh:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...

I think that your export options are fine, they do not affect the amount of information available during the play (putting aside possible debug info).

It is possible that the AI aircraft do not have any pilot name, or the pilot name may not be displayed to reduce clutter. in that case, when you mouse over the AI aircraft, you may see more information displayed. The raw telemetry window may help you do see what is really available for each object.

So i got Tacview to start recording again by moving the 'TacviewGameGUI.lua' per above *yeay!* :thumbup:, but the AI aircraft have almost no information:

attachment.php?attachmentid=174703&stc=1&d=1513881207

I looked in '\Saved Games\DCS.*\Config\options.lua' and find:

["Tacview"] = {
		["tacviewBookmarkShortcut"] = 0,
		["tacviewCompressionLevel"] = 1,
		["tacviewDataRecordingEnabled"] = true,
		["tacviewDebugModeEnabled"] = false,
		["tacviewPlaybackDelay"] = 600,
		["tacviewProfilingPeriod"] = 600,
		["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPort"] = "42674",
		["tacviewRecordClientsSessionsEnabled"] = false,
		["tacviewRemoteControlPort"] = "42675",
	}, 

which is not quite the same as in the above quoted post.

Should I modify my options.lua file to have the same Tacview section as in the quoted post?

The invisible options menu has been fixed in the latest beta of Tacview 1.7.0. You can install it side by side with the 1.6.4 even if you do not have a Standard or Advanced licence. This should fix your problem with the newer versions of DCS World.

Just wanted to confirm that I too have noticed that under the special options section of Tacview, no options are available. Eagerly awaiting ED's fix on this so I can continue to use this superb tool.

Indeed, this video show the results of an nice experiment.

I have planned to export static buildings in a future update of the exporter. This is tricky to program, that's why I did not have the time to do it yet.

Just a random question.

A long time ago, I saw a video where someone had gotten the Tacview exporter to export static buildings, along with their health. Being someone who predominantly does A2G, is this something that we will hope to see integrated into Tacview proper at some point?

Edit:

For reference, here is the video that I am talking about:

I think that your export options are fine, they do not affect the amount of information available during the play (putting aside possible debug info).

It is possible that the AI aircraft do not have any pilot name, or the pilot name may not be displayed to reduce clutter. in that case, when you mouse over the AI aircraft, you may see more information displayed. The raw telemetry window may help you do see what is really available for each object.

Hi Vyrtuoz, Happy New Year!!

my previous illustration is from one of the Charnwood Campaign missions. I looked into the first mission at the Groups, of which there are many, and there are only a hand full of AC with a manually created Pilot Name. In MP this is probably not the case, but in missions with numerous AI controlled Groups, it is highly unlikely the creator has assigned a Pilot name to every AI AC.

Equally important are ground unit Groups. For example, in the Charnwood Campaigns there are often numerous batteries of AAA in a mission. They are currently only labeled by their unit type, eg FlaK_30, or FlaK_37. So if you are following the progress of a specific AC and it is hit with AAA fire, it is exceedingly difficult to determine from exactly which AAA unit the fire originated, when there are 10-20 such units in the area.

Very useful would be if the player had the option to display the Group Name and Call Sign as well. For example:

Group: Group Name with element number appended. EG 'Zone 1 AAA' = 'Zone 1 AAA-1' thru 'Zone 1 AAA-x'

Call-Sign: Colt11 thru Colt14, or Colt 1-1 thru Colt 1-4, as it currently is with player AC.

And I have one question. What are the numbers etc between the first line "P-51D (Colt 1-1)" and the IAS in this illustration?

attachment.php?attachmentid=174703&stc=1&d=1513881207

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Hi guys, quick question...hadn't used Tacview in awhile but just last night tried to analyze my flight and noticed that neither the stable nor beta release recorded my flight. In fact it looks like flights stopped automatically recording like a month ago.

Can someone point me in the right direction to fix this?

Thanks and Happy New Year

Jason

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Did you also create the Hooks folder and move TacviewGameGUI.lua into it?

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

The latest beta of Tacview contains the fix for the latest versions of DCS World. You can install it even if you do not have a product key, this will fix the menu as well as the exporter:

http://www.tacview.net/download/beta/

If you still do have issues after that, it is likely that you have a corrupted export.lua file. The simplest fix, is to delete the file and reinstall Tacview 1.7.0+. A more elaborate fix is to manually fix the content of export.lua. You will find a solution to 99% of export problems in the official documentation: http://www.tacview.net/documentation/dcs/

@Captain Orso

Can you share the corresponding acmi file? I will have a look at it and see if there is something to fix in Tacview labels.

The numbers like [002 – 000] are the flight level and ground speed "ATC style". You can hide it with the label menu in the bottom toolbar.

@Captain Orso

Can you share the corresponding acmi file? I will have a look at it and see if there is something to fix in Tacview labels.

I can't upload it to here, because it's nearly 20mb and the forum won't allow it. So I created a We Transfer If there's an issue with this, please let me know. I'm always open to suggestions.

I also noted, that with at least some FlaK fire, the yellow shells are not flying in the direction of their targets. Note the shell that shot me down, being fired at 17:49:13 in the log. It is firing at around 250° according to the graphics, while my AC as at 184.4° from the FlaK unit.

attachment.php?attachmentid=175413&stc=1&d=1514916961

The numbers like [002 – 000] are the flight level and ground speed "ATC style". You can hide it with the label menu in the bottom toolbar.

Thanks!

623044824_HardCopy_20180102_185428-Tacview-20171229-220544-DCS-P-51D-Charnwood-1_zip.acmi-TacviewAdvanc.thumb.jpg.3a61923366ec06a0ac1e2d9f2ee7a1e8.jpg

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

1.6.4 or 1.7.0 beta 4 ? The release is bugged since DCS 1.5.8 and 2.2. You need to use a fix or use the beta 4.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

Thank you for the data. I used it to fill the new database.

Because DCS World events are not always accurate, Tacview must guess what happened. In your case Tacview thought that the flak which has fired at your aircraft earlier has touched you.

This kind of error should be reduced whenever I will have the time to rewrite the event log module.

I can't upload it to here, because it's nearly 20mb and the forum won't allow it. So I created a We Transfer If there's an issue with this, please let me know. I'm always open to suggestions.

I also noted, that with at least some FlaK fire, the yellow shells are not flying in the direction of their targets. Note the shell that shot me down, being fired at 17:49:13 in the log. It is firing at around 250° according to the graphics, while my AC as at 184.4° from the FlaK unit.

Thanks!

Thank you for the data. I used it to fill the new database.
;) glad to help

Because DCS World events are not always accurate, Tacview must guess what happened. In your case Tacview thought that the flak which has fired at your aircraft earlier has touched you.

Do you mean, I might not have been shot down by that FlaK 37?

I cannot 100% be certain that I didn't try to pull out of the dive too hard and pulled off a wing. That is what I thought at first, although I didn't think I pulled so hard in the moment and I certainly try not to make any such sudden control changes when coming out of a dive, but suddenly I had no control and moments later I was in the ground, in more ways than one :cry:

After reviewing the Tacview recording I thought it kind of did make sense that the 37 got me, at first. But now as I review that shot in detail, at a range of 5.8nm (35,264 ft) and an 88's muzzle velocity of 2690 ft/s means the shell would have to traveled 13.1 seconds before hitting me, and that would make for a pretty magic shot against a diving aircraft :huh:

This kind of error should be reduced whenever I will have the time to rewrite the event log module.

That would certainly be very nice.

I'm hoping to get the tags in I suggested too *cough*cough*. That would definitely make Tacview far more useful in analyzing such large missions with such numerous amounts of AI vehicles.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Hello all

Just downloaded Tacview and installed it.

I do not see any mod on DCS and nothing is recorded.

I believe there is no Tacview exporter installed anywhere

PLease help

same trouble - following this thread. I tried the fix as mentioned in another thread"

DCS World 1.5.8 and 2.2.0 have changed the way some LUA addons are working. This is why telemetry export does not work well with these versions. Here is how to fix the issue while waiting for the fix in Tacview 1.7.0:

Go in the \Saved Games\DCS.*\Scripts\ folder which correspond to your edition of DCS World

Create a subfolder \Saved Games\DCS.*\Scripts\Hooks\

Move \Saved Games\DCS.*\Scripts\TacviewGameGUI.lua in \Saved Games\DCS.*\Scripts\Hooks\

This fix will be integrated in Tacview 1.7.0"

this did not work for me. I'm using DCS 2.2 and no mods except Tackview and a few of the aircraft modules (F5e, P51...etc). Still get no Tacview settings in the SPECIAL tab of settings GUI.

I have tacview 1.6.4 advanced and both Steam DCS work (with alpha maps) and also installed DCSW 2 stand alone and bought maps again and still no workie. Bummer :(

I just tried tacview but it wont record anything. There is no options in the special panel.

I do have the icon in the special panel but their is nothing in the panel. All blank.

Tacview does not work in Both DCS 2.2 and 1.5.

The C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua file looks like it is in the right location

I get this error in the log file.

00204.645 ALERT LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string "./dxgui/bind/Window.lua"]:110: Invalid arguments!

Windows 10 64 bit

8 core

32 gig ram

GTX970

Edited by animotion
Added specs

Built a new PC and when i go to download Tacview, none of the download pages will load. Are you guys still around?

The site does seem to be down at the moment. I'm sure that will be resolved soon.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

That was probably the 0.01% downtime of the year for every website :)

Please try to install the latest beta of Tacview 1.7.0, this will fix the option menu as well as your export with the latest versions of DCS World.

If the option menu is still not visible afterward, please share me your dcs.log file.