DCS-BIOS Discussion Thread

FSFIan

DCS-BIOS: latest V10. DCS World: 2.7 from today. Now I checked the export.lua. All okay, but not working. Helios works fine.
There is no connection to DCS. The "virtual cockpit" field is not green. Is this path okay with two slashes?

#BIOS.PluginDir = [[C:\Users\Micha\AppData\Roaming/DCS-BIOS/Plugins\]]#

Edited by Heling

Yes /and\ but it is the same as in the previous installation. I tried to fix it to /. No effect. I've to check all pathes.

Sorry, I've two account from different PC's: Bigopus and Heling. Will switch to Heling permanent.

Edited by BigOpus

Hello all,

built a keypad matrix with toggles for f16 left aux and right console panels and I'm using the sendDcsBiosMessage function.

All toggles are working ok, except the following:

• Anti skid switch - defined as 3Pos2CommandSwitch
  • AP Pitch switch - defined as Springloaded_3_pos_tumb
  • MAL IND LTS BRT switch - defined as Springloaded_3_pos_tumb

Can someone elaborate on how to use sendDcsBiosMessage with those switch types?

Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 3:42 PM, BlackLibrary said:

yes that needs somne redo in the future.

You need the "Dev" version

release Versions are bsed on the stable DCS Versions

for beta on the main side hit the green "Code" button and save it as zip

unzip and put the script folder in your Savegames of you DCS Version.

but think of the export.lua. not override yours if you use some other things to

How long "in the future"?
I'm trying to install your fork and the Chrome extension doesn't appear to work - it doesn't show up in apps after installation.

Future when i find out how to make it better and i have time for it.

you have done it like in the instructions?

nothing when you put in chrome://apps/  ?

Edited by BlackLibrary

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone can help me read the COMM1/COMM2 presets from the Harrier UFC?

It seems the Harrier module has defined them as only 2 characters long, but they have a large prefix of spaces and ":" so that 2 characters just gets filled with ": ".

Logging them to file gives me this:

--------- Begin ---------
:
:
--------- End ---------

When you look at the in-game Harrier UFC you can see the colon preceding the COMM2 channel, and presumably the COMM1 colon is also there but hidden.

Does this mean there is a bug in the DCS-Bios Harrier module?

I noticed the code is the same between the Hub version and the new fork as well, I'm assuming nobody has used this output or there's some other trick to getting the values from the preset screens?

image.png

Inside the DCS-Bios plugin for AV8BNA.lua this is the code that allows access to the preset displays:

-- Get Displays Functions

local function getComm1Text()
    if parse_indication(5) == nil then return (" "):rep(2) end
    local txt = parse_indication(5)["ufc_chnl_1_m"] or parse_indication(5)["ufc_chnl_1_v"] or ""
    return (" "):rep(2 - #txt) .. txt
end
defineString("UFC_COMM1_DISPLAY", getComm1Text, 2, "UFC", "UFC Comm1 Preset Display")
local function getComm2Text()
    if parse_indication(5) == nil then return (" "):rep(2) end
    local txt = parse_indication(5)["ufc_chnl_2_m"] or parse_indication(5)["ufc_chnl_2_v"] or ""
    return (" "):rep(2 - #txt) .. txt
end
defineString("UFC_COMM2_DISPLAY", getComm2Text, 2, "UFC", "UFC Comm2 Preset Display")

Note the 3rd parameter for defineString only allows 2 characters.

I tried forking the plugin and changed it to 4 chars but everything went haywire and I was just getting garbage outputs.. either I need to do something extra than just forking, or it doesn't like having 4 chars.

Any other way to get these values without relying on this plugin?

Edited by TAIPAN_
  • Like 1

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

I was trying this last week and getting the same result, I was going to post in here like you have done but you saved me a job, tks, I have no solution yet either, if you look at the DCSBios control reference for the AV-8B UFC it also shows comm 1&2 having : as the result coming from the code

Edited by Auntystatic

@Auntystaticgood news, I found a small change that worked and Warlord updated it https://github.com/dcs-bios/dcs-bios/issues/264

I haven't tested since I still have my edited version of the module, but it was closed so should be good to go.

@Bailey - which discord is that where I can discuss DCS-Bios?

I just found 2 problems with the F-5 actually.

The fuel auto-balance switch can only go left, the other two positions don't work.

The RADAR_CURSOR control doesn't change the cursor brightness, but changes the pitch knob (although the label text is for the pitch knob), but there's no cursor brightness control. I like to reduce the cursor brightness because it gets in the way.

Edited by TAIPAN_
  • Like 1

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

58 minutes ago, TAIPAN_ said:

@Bailey - which discord is that where I can discuss DCS-Bios?

https://discord.com/invite/5svGwKX
DCS Flightpanels 

Edited by Bailey
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Does anyone know the packet format that the DCS-BIOS lua scripts send over UDP? I have custom PC software that will be sending/receiving between DCS-BIOS and a serial connected hub. This is because I'm going to send either key commands or DCS BIOS commands depending on what sim is running. I can't use DCS-BIOS on the hub itself, as it sends/receives over Xbee to other hubs, and then over I2C to the actual switch/dial controls, so I can't simply create connections using the arduino. I have a serial protocol ring buffer for the USB port and Xbee, and then a wrapper over I2C that works perfectly when sending control changes to DCS-BIOS. It even buffer control changes to DCS and keeps track of what changes are made when DCS is paused. I want to be able to set LED states on the Arduino connected modules (Like landing gear light transitions).  but I'm not sure what I should be looking for in the packets I'm receiving from DCS-BIOS. Any idea where in the .lua scripts that LED state change packets are defined? byte length, start and end characters, separators, etc? I assume it's binary and not unicode?

Thanks,

Chris

F14 hook not working in DCS BIOS with last update, anyone else experiencing this?

Modules: F-14A/B | F-15C | F-16C | F/A-18C | SU-33 | Spitfire Mk IX | AH-64D | UH-1 | Super Carrier | Combined Arms | Persian Gulf | Syria | NTTR

Setup: VKB Gunfighter Mk.III F-14 CE HOTAS | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | MFG Crosswind V3 | Custom switch panel | Tek Creations F14 Display Panel | Custom F14 Left Vertical Console | Custom IR Tracker | Custom butt kicker

PC: i7 11700K | 64GB G-Skill DDR4 3600MHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | DCS dedicated 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD | 3440x1440 144hz 34" ultrawide

Its because of changes in the device numbering

Fix is done 

uploaded to BIOS Fork - Masterbranch

Hub will it become when 2.7.7 goes stable.( cant make a second tomcat download for hub) and not all play beta

Edited by BlackLibrary

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I refer to the Hub v0.10.0 of DCS BIOS msi installer here: https://github.com/dcs-bios/dcs-bios/releases/tag/v0.10.0 which has a release date of 13 Nov 2019.

I also see that the F-16C module (and others) has been updated as recently as 10 October this year.  See here: https://github.com/orgs/dcs-bios/repositories

If I use v0.10.0 of DCS BIOS msi installer, do I get the most recent aircraft module updates ?

If not, how do I install them using the Hub version.