Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment - CTLD

There we go...

Would you mind posting your mission Looney?

Here are two missions with the latest CTLD and Mist - both sling loads and simulated sling loads, Mi-8 and Huey that work ok.

Have you tried updating CTLD and MIST?

Hi Ciribob,

I have a question about to use the IA with this script...

How can we do so that 10 infants who reach a point in the platform at airbase (pick up zone?), are loaded on a transport helicopter IA ?.

I can not get them on the helicopter, should be distrustful of the pilot :D

Try having a look at the examples here - Should help :) http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=157107

CTLD-Slings.miz

CTLD-No-Sling.miz

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Here's the mission.

It looks like your CTLD has the debug functions enabled at the bottom?

--DEBUG FUNCTION
    for key, value in pairs(getmetatable(_spawnedCrate)) do
          env.info(tostring(key))
          env.info(tostring(value))
      end

Just comment them out/delete or download the latest CTLD from GitHub where they're definitely commented out.

To get real sling load crates, you have to set:

ctld.staticBugFix = false -- set this to False as well or you'll just get UAZs
ctld.slingLoad = true -- which you did

Hope that helps!

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Thanks Ciribob, the script is working now. I can spawn crates and load/unload troops.

I've set slingloading to true but am unable to get the F7 or F6 menu to "claim" a crate for slingloading. The keys work, I've tried a "normal" slingloading action in another mission with no problems.

Is it something I missed?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Thanks Ciribob, the script is working now. I can spawn crates and load/unload troops.

I've set slingloading to true but am unable to get the F7 or F6 menu to "claim" a crate for slingloading. The keys work, I've tried a "normal" slingloading action in another mission with no problems.

Is it something I missed?

Did you do as I said above?

You have to change the two settings in the script as shown - If you get a UAZ rather than a crate you've missed one of the two settings:

ctld.staticBugFix = false-- set this to FALSE as well or you'll just get UAZs
ctld.slingLoad = true 

Edited by Ciribob

Both options are set to true, however, I'm still getting UAZs. Don't I need to set the first option to false?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Both options are set to true, however, I'm still getting UAZs. Don't I need to set the first option to false?

Oh wow, sorry - Yes, set it to false!

First Couple of lines:

ctld.staticBugFix = false 
ctld.slingLoad = true 

Been a long week and its only Wednesday :)

Edited previous answers as well to stop confusion

Limits!

... how can I limit the number of available KUB-sites/MANPADs? I mean, I want to have say 5 available KUB-sites/MANPADs rather than give players the opportunity of deploying countless numbers of those. Any idea?

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Thanks again Ciri, I've now got a mission where trucks and Choppers endlessly supply infantry to the front line battle and have to say I could almost now watch it play itself its so good! A shame infantry seem to freeze in Combined arms when under fire. It's brought us a new type of mission that we didn't have before called interdiction where we can now halt resupply (or not). Which means that strikers and even fighters can alter the ground war as well as choppers and everything is moving and not static.

We added a couple of lines to your script for some immersion on the JTAC front for audio. It actually works well because with all the messages It's preferable to have some that are audio to stop you having to read quickly whilst flying.

CTLD is the best script so far developed for DCS it's made it all about combined arms and multiple airframes and brought focus back to a war...not just isolated metagames. It's made a huge difference to the content the guys have in 42VFG. I can't believe the autopickup and autodrop mechanic evaded me for so long...

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I am having an interesting little issue with the extratable groups..

I have a bunch of tank groups marked as Late Activation.. that are also "extratable" via CTLD..

I'm noticing some strange behavior.

1. When you extract them - the group doesn't disappear.

2. Deploy them right after you extract them - a NEW group of tanks pops up, with the original still there.

3. Extract again - the NEW group disappears - original group still there.

4. Deploy again - the NEW group re-appears - original group still there.

* now the kicker *

5. Drive NEW group a distance away so that you can't extract them...

6. Extract again - you get a new group..

7. Drive that NEW group a distance away..

8. Extract again.. you get a new group..

9. Drive them away..

10. Extract again.. you get a new group..

Wash rinse repeat..

... how can I limit the number of available KUB-sites/MANPADs? I mean, I want to have say 5 available KUB-sites/MANPADs rather than give players the opportunity of deploying countless numbers of those. Any idea?

The script doesnt currently support limits, but a modification for Blue Flag was made so that only a certain number of KUBs can be built. I can add that in relatively easily to the original script I think.

Thanks again Ciri, I've now got a mission where trucks and Choppers endlessly supply infantry to the front line battle and have to say I could almost now watch it play itself its so good!

Thanks Pikey! Glad thats working. The infantry freezing is annoying, going to have a think and see if there is a solution at some point.

I am having an interesting little issue with the extratable groups..

I have a bunch of tank groups marked as Late Activation.. that are also "extractable" via CTLD..

I'm noticing some strange behavior.

1. When you extract them - the group doesn't disappear.

2. Deploy them right after you extract them - a NEW group of tanks pops up, with the original still there.

3. Extract again - the NEW group disappears - original group still there.

4. Deploy again - the NEW group re-appears - original group still there.

Hmm, that means the GROUP Name is no longer a unique entity in DCS... The Late activation group, was it activated before you tried loading or did you try to load invisible non activated groups?

How do I prioritize targets??? I though you just rename a units name to hpriority so the JTAC knows to lase him first?

Documentation says:

You can also change the name of a unit (unit, not group) to include "hpriority" to make it high priority for the JTAC, or "priority" to set it to be medium priority. JTAC's will prioritize targets within view by first marking hpriority targets, then priority targets, and finally all others.

I've not had time to look at your mission yet, but double check that the UNIT NAME is something like: AA Unit hpriority

Quick apology as well, I'm working on another new project at the minute so updates will be a bit slow...

Edited by Ciribob

Oh thanks! Once we have a limit set up I'll download the script. Thanks for your efforts, sir!

Anyway of finding out when that's gonna be?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Hmm, that means the GROUP Name is no longer a unique entity in DCS... The Late activation group, was it activated before you tried loading or did you try to load invisible non activated groups?

Yes... I activate the "late activate" groups, then try to ctld extract them via ctld extract commands.

This does not happen to groups not marked as late activation.

Yes... I activate the "late activate" groups, then try to ctld extract them via ctld extract commands.

This does not happen to groups not marked as late activation.

Thanks! I'll try to test this evening and see if I can come up with a workaround.

Had some issues using Slingloads = "true".

How do you load the cargo?

Set code like so

ctld.staticBugFix = false 
ctld.slingLoad = true 

If you don't set staticBugFix to false you won't get real crates, just UAZs

Edited by Ciribob

Since you always produce interesting and cool stuff, can you say anything about it?

Building standalone voice comms for DCS, no teamspeak required. Got PTT and radios all integrated for all aircraft (used stuff from simple radio) but the voice is a bit laggy.

It's actually all on GitHub so its not very secret... Lol

Ok it worked. I got a cargo i could slingload, but after it was delivered i couldnt deploy the crate.

You'll have to give me a little more then that to go on.... :)

What type of crate - What was in it?

Were you more than 500 meters from any Logistics unit?

Did you get a LUA error or a message in DCS?

Have you definitely got the latest CTLD and MIST?

What version of DCS 1.5 or 2.0?

Can you upload a sample mission that shows it failing? I test a few days ago with the samples here and both sling load and simulated sling load works: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2705327&postcount=403

Does it work if you try the missions linked above?