Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment - CTLD

Sorry man. I didnt mean for you to investigate this. I was just asking if you might knew the cause for the problem.

If i get more info ill let you know including all details.

Thanks! No worries :)

Most likely reasons are:

The helicopter hasn't landed

The crate is too near a logistics zone

The crate is damaged

The crate is an AA crate or a unit that requires multiple crates.

I'd test with a manpad crate :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Yes... I activate the "late activate" groups, then try to ctld extract them via ctld extract commands.

This does not happen to groups not marked as late activation.

I've just had time to test this on the latest 1.5 release that came out yesterday and it seemed to work ok?

I've got 3 BMPs that activate after a few seconds and you can extract and drop as many times as you like.

Maybe its fixed but would you mind testing your end? Test mission attached.

CTLD-No-Sling-Activate-test.miz

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

New version of the CTLD Script v.1.60 - 1.5 and 1.2 Compatible!

Make sure you have the new MIST 4.1.61 !

Change log:

• Added ability to disable hover pickup and instead load crates with F10 (Same as BlueFlag)
  • Added new function - ctld.removeExtractZone to stop an extract zone
  • Added ability to limit the number of AA systems that can be active at one time

The crash when destroying statics (when you load a crate) is now fixed in DCS but I'm going to leave the UAZs as the pickup crates for now anyway. If you want to change this, just set ctld.staticBugFix = false.

If you don't want to hover at all, the same as in the BlueFlag campaign, set ctld.hoverPickup = false. You can then load crates using the F10 menu while on the ground. This will be ignored if you've enabled real sling load crates.

Sorry for being a bit slow with updates, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Please see Readme and Github for latest code and how to use

Link:https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

Examples:http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2621619

As always, please let me know if you have any issues or suggestions!

*** FOR 1.5 or 2.0: Make sure all human players are in separate groups / flights ***

I just downloaded and tested the test mission provided with the package. Everything looks quite good but all the crates are rendered as UAZ cars. Is there a way to change the crate style in the lua? (Haven't checked yet)

Thanks for this great script!

Edit: Ok, I checked to Lua and I think I found a solution. In the original script the type is UAZ-469. I guess simple changing this would use different crates...

Edited by f4l0

I just downloaded and tested the test mission provided with the package. Everything looks quite good but all the crates are rendered as UAZ cars. Is there a way to change the crate style in the lua? (Haven't checked yet)

Thanks for this great script!

Edit: Ok, I checked to Lua and I think I found a solution. In the original script the type is UAZ-469. I guess simple changing this would use different crates...

It was changed to the UAZ with 1.5.3 because the crates used prior to this version would suddenly cause a CTD when picking up the crate.

Ah ok. I will check what happens if I use one of Upuauts cargo objects.

Is it possible to modify global vars in the lua script with the ME? Thus, one could manipulate the state without reloading the lua into the mission...

Read my message above. Set staticBugFix to true

I am about to attempt to implement this on <51>Server new scenario I am working on. Before I begin, can anyone confirm this will work with MIST 4.1.65 ?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I want to use it for transport choppers to build SAM sites in designated zones or if possible anywhere they want, repair current ones, and deploy vehicles and troops and front lines. How much time will it take, would anyone be interested to cooperate? I do not own Mi-8, nor Uh-1 therefore it's very difficult for me to develop. It is for dedicated server scenario. Can built/deployed vehicles be controlled or driver by ground commander CA clients?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I want to use it for transport choppers to build SAM sites in designated zones or if possible anywhere they want, repair current ones, and deploy vehicles and troops and front lines. How much time will it take, would anyone be interested to cooperate? I do not own Mi-8, nor Uh-1 therefore it's very difficult for me to develop. It is for dedicated server scenario. Can built/deployed vehicles be controlled or driver by ground commander CA clients?

Hi Shaman, shoot me a PM, I've got both modules and am somewhat proficient with the Mi-8 so I can help you test stuff.

As far as I know, setting up SAM-sites works, also transporting troops and vehicles to the frontline works as well. Vehicles can be driven by CA players.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Is it possible to add a 'waypoint' for the loaded troops? E.g. I would like to create a mission where a town should be conquered.

Adding a waypoint isn't possible although I do have some ideas on that front. However, troops will run towards any enemies if they're within the search radius you configure at the top of the script. You can always add some unarmed enemy vehicles near the drop zone so they had that way :)

Adding a waypoint isn't possible although I do have some ideas on that front. However, troops will run towards any enemies if they're within the search radius you configure at the top of the script. You can always add some unarmed enemy vehicles near the drop zone so they had that way :)

Nice idea ;) I'll try it at the weekend ;)

How about the possibility of bringing more hawk launcher crates to a hawk system to add more launchers to the system?

Sorry I missed this. In theory I can make it do this but I won't get round to it for a while. It also means you'd have to choose between having the Launcher rearm or add instead.

Hey there Ciribob!

I want to start off by saying awesome script you have here! I'm relatively new to DCS World and the Editor in general, so I apologize if this is a dumb/easy to answer question. I read through the last 5 pages of the post (45 pages total is an awful lot :P) and can't seem to find an answer.

I'm not sure if this is intended or not so here it goes: When deploying troops anywhere other than an extraction zone, they pop up and run around and go shoot bad guys, however when I drop them off specifically withing the trigger area of the extraction zone, they just leave my chopper and don't actually deploy. I really like the idea that I can set a "max" troops at a specific extraction zone then it fades away, so I guess the TL;DR is: How can I get the troops to deploy when deployed at an extraction zone? Maybe it's because I'm tired and have been staring at the screen for 3 hours I can't seem to figure it out lol.

Thanks a ton!

Josh

Hey there Ciribob!

I want to start off by saying awesome script you have here! I'm relatively new to DCS World and the Editor in general, so I apologize if this is a dumb/easy to answer question. I read through the last 5 pages of the post (45 pages total is an awful lot :P) and can't seem to find an answer.

I'm not sure if this is intended or not so here it goes: When deploying troops anywhere other than an extraction zone, they pop up and run around and go shoot bad guys, however when I drop them off specifically withing the trigger area of the extraction zone, they just leave my chopper and don't actually deploy. I really like the idea that I can set a "max" troops at a specific extraction zone then it fades away, so I guess the TL;DR is: How can I get the troops to deploy when deployed at an extraction zone? Maybe it's because I'm tired and have been staring at the screen for 3 hours I can't seem to figure it out lol.

Thanks a ton!

Josh

I'd always start here if you want some info as the documentation is all in one place: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

The idea behind an extraction zone is that its a place to drop "rescued" troops or some other mechanic as when troops are dropped in an extraction zone, a flag is increased, so the behaviour you're seeing is as designed.

What it sounds like you're trying to do is have a limit on the number of troops that can be deployed, so the way to do that is to limit the number of troops that can be loaded from a pickup zone.

There are two ways to do this:

1. Have no Pickup zone and manually place all the groups you want, adding their group names to the extractable table https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD/blob/master/CTLD.lua#L318
  2. Configure your pickup zone to have a limited number of groups https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD#pickup-and-dropoff-zones-setup

Glad you like it and hope this helps. Sorry for the slow reply, I'm a bit busy at the moment :)

Dear Ciribob,

There are no words to express how good your script is. Thank you mate for your effort. Awesome job.

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

hey guys,

started today with this awesome script thx alot for making this! 2 questions i would like to ask and i didnt find any answers to it yet:

cant pick up troops at farps? is that non functional cause it says no pickzone but there is one, the carrier and airfield work. Pilot name is set correct.

also is it not possibly to set a beacon in the editor? cause i saw a beacon trigger on the test mission but couldnt find anything related in the CTLD lua to edit?

greetz

I believe a number of pickzones are differentiated between red and blue, you might just have picked the wrong pickzone number.. could be wrong though..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

I believe a number of pickzones are differentiated between red and blue, you might just have picked the wrong pickzone number.. could be wrong though..

i just checked that and it looks like this:

{ "pickzone1", "none", 10, "yes", 2 }

FARP is blufor unfo - but thx for takin your time to answer much appreciated!