Mi-8MTV2 News

Fans finally functioning! Thanks BST!

So, I was under the impression that this was one of the last "tiny" additions that we are gifted with as the remaining features (bomb sight, etc.) require some DCS ground work (i.e. MP cockpits)?

So, then all that is left is ...

News 26: English Cockpit

News 27: English Manual (finalized)

... riiight?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fans finally functioning! Thanks BST!

So, I was under the impression that this was one of the last "tiny" additions that we are gifted with as the remaining features (bomb sight, etc.) require some DCS ground work (i.e. MP cockpits)?

So, then all that is left is ...

News 26: English Cockpit

News 27: English Manual (finalized)

... riiight?

English cockpit is allready available! click it in the "special/Mi-8mtv2" options menu.

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

• 2 weeks later...

Any plans to eventually implementing lose of tail rotor effectiveness effects?

Currently there isn't seem to be much point of paying attention to wind direction :music_whistling:

Edited by Eagle0110

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aircraft I have thoroughly studied: A-10C, Ka-50, Mig-21bis, UH-1H, Boeing 737-800/900, Dash-8Q400, Bell-407

i7-8750H@2.2GHz 6 Cores turbo up to 4.1GHz, GTX1070 Max-Q@8GB GRAM, 16G RAM, 512G SSD, 500G SSD, CH Product Fighter Stick, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5.

Adding cockpit fans is more important..... :music_whistling:

That's why they have already added the fan

Sent from my SM-N9002 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aircraft I have thoroughly studied: A-10C, Ka-50, Mig-21bis, UH-1H, Boeing 737-800/900, Dash-8Q400, Bell-407

i7-8750H@2.2GHz 6 Cores turbo up to 4.1GHz, GTX1070 Max-Q@8GB GRAM, 16G RAM, 512G SSD, 500G SSD, CH Product Fighter Stick, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5.

Any plans to eventually implementing lose of tail rotor effectiveness effects?

Currently there isn't seem to be much point of paying attention to wind direction :music_whistling:

Mi-8's tail rotor is so strong it can damage things, which is why you have a pitch limiting system for it. It's not like the UH-1 where a 10 knot wind will give you trouble if you try and push the tail into the wind. I'm not sure there is anything wrong there, but if you've got some evidence current behavior is wrong, I'd love to hear it. :)

Practice makes perfect.

Mi-8's tail rotor is so strong it can damage things, which is why you have a pitch limiting system for it. It's not like the UH-1 where a 10 knot wind will give you trouble if you try and push the tail into the wind. I'm not sure there is anything wrong there, but if you've got some evidence current behavior is wrong, I'd love to hear it. :)

I was thinking the same for a while, until I saw this:

So apparently it is possible to get Mi-8 into LTE. Or perhaps our newer veriant of Mi-8 has a much more powerful tail rotor than the older one (which has it's tail pointed to the right instead) shown in the video? Appariciate for enlightenment

And by the way, LTE is not implemented even in UH-1 is it? I'll be very happy to know I am wrong

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So apparently it is possible to get Mi-8 into LTE. Or perhaps our newer veriant of Mi-8 has a much more powerful tail rotor than the older one (which has it's tail pointed to the right instead) shown in the video? Appariciate for enlightenment

That's exactly it! According to a great documentary I watched, early Mi-8 models had problems with LTE, and the engineers realized that the problem was massively reduced as they simply flipped the tail rotor 180 degrees to the left side.

Here are the links:

Mi-8 The Magnificent Eight (Film 1/2)

Mi-8 The Magnificent Eight (Film 2/2)

AFAIK the tail rotor was changed with the Mi-8MT, and was placed like this for the export variant known as the Mi-17 right from the beginning (at least that's what it says in the documentary, around the 33 minute mark in part 1).

And by the way, LTE is not implemented even in UH-1 is it? I'll be very happy to know I am wrong

Never experienced it myself, good question if it's modeled and how to get into it if it is. ;)

That's exactly it! According to a great documentary I watched, early Mi-8 models had problems with LTE, and the engineers realized that the problem was massively reduced as they simply flipped the tail rotor 180 degrees to the left side.

Here are the links:

Mi-8 The Magnificent Eight (Film 1/2)

Mi-8 The Magnificent Eight (Film 2/2)

AFAIK the tail rotor was changed with the Mi-8MT, and was placed like this for the export variant known as the Mi-17 right from the beginning (at least that's what it says in the documentary, around the 33 minute mark in part 1).

Never experienced it myself, good question if it's modeled and how to get into it if it is. ;)

Wow thanks for the great source! That answered exactly my question :D

And for the LTE on UH-1, well, before the release of UH-1 module Belsimtek give a very verbal statement saying they will not simulate "complex LTE effect" (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1744396) due to them "too complex to simulate", which I was a bit surprised, I though such a aerodynamic condition would be exactly the advantage of DCS' real time calculation. But in such a statement it's not clear whether they are not simulating only more complex types of LTE effects (as there can be three different ways you get into LTE) or they are not simulating any possible LTE effect at all...

Yet in another post, Belsimtek gave an also very verbal statement indirectly indicating the effect is included exactly as an advantage of DCS' real time calculation: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1581092

I am confused :(

And in my own tests I could not get UH-1 into LTE either, though I could have missed many things....

Here in another post someone did an apparently more conclusive test for LTE on UH-1 but the result is not very promising: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1970625

I'm hoping things have changed a little in all these years though...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The switching of the Mi-8 tail rotor from the right to the left had a pretty big impact on tail rotor effectiveness. All they did was flip the tail rotor gearbox over. The effect of this was that the fron of the tail rotor now spins up into the downwash of the main rotor, instead of before where the fron edge of the tail rotor was spinning in the same sirection as the main rotor downwash. This is what make it so much more effective than previous versions. As far as I know, this was another of the Mi-14 upgrades that was "ported" back to the Mi-8MT/Mi-17 versions.

LTE is not implemented yet, BST is working on it, so lets be patient. They wrote it in Russian section of our forum. And, BTW, the helicopter on the video is Mi 8T, and someone wrote in comments section that it might be tail rotor gearbox destruction.

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

LTE is not implemented yet, BST is working on it, so lets be patient. They wrote it in Russian section of our forum. And, BTW, the helicopter on the video is Mi 8T, and someone wrote in comments section that it might be tail rotor gearbox destruction.

Wow thanks for the info, I'm so happy to know they are indeed working on the LTE.

Yes, like mentioned in a previous post, our newer Mi-8 is not really affected by LTE, but the lighter UH-1 definitely have missed it.

I will be patiently and excitedly awaiting for BST's implementation to arrive

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The switching of the Mi-8 tail rotor from the right to the left had a pretty big impact on tail rotor effectiveness. All they did was flip the tail rotor gearbox over. The effect of this was that the fron of the tail rotor now spins up into the downwash of the main rotor, instead of before where the fron edge of the tail rotor was spinning in the same sirection as the main rotor downwash. This is what make it so much more effective than previous versions. As far as I know, this was another of the Mi-14 upgrades that was "ported" back to the Mi-8MT/Mi-17 versions.

You are right, some previous post also concluded that our newer Mi-8 are not affected much by LTE, but the lighter UH-1 definitely missed this simulation.

Good thing is, as Askerov mentioned (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2664064), BST is working on this feature so we will eventually see them to come

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:) The thing is, Mi 8MT or Mi 17 modifications and later are affected by LTE, but not that much like Mi 8T or other right sided tail rotor modifications. BST knows how to implement it theoretically :) so, ))) they are working on it

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

Exactly, you can always be amazed by how much you can learn just from asking in this amazing forum

And I'm so happy to know BST will eventually implemente LTE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This girl is working hard too:

http://www.russianhelicopters.aero/en/press/news/Peruvian+Army+Mi-171Sh+pilot+Melody+Moon+Torres/

:thumbup: Just wonder what she'd think of our MTV2...

20151226_104630_zpsrquyeqpt.jpg

My Peruvian chick thinks DCS is a childish hobby. But she prefers me having this hobby much more then other hobbies like drinking and chasing other women. So I am in the clear. :music_whistling::lol::thumbup:

Happy Flying! :pilotfly: