A-7 Corsair after the Mirage

Jumbik

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SLUF's pals are the A-6, A-4 and F-4 ... we need them all in the DCS USN.

Totally agree. They need to bring all the mentioned USN jet plane gang to DCS.

Those planes combined with Hormuz map, will be a totally amazing experience on combat sims. Also Nevada for training will be awesome too.

With DCS and their partnerships, upcoming modules and maps, we are living the reborn of the combat flight simulator Golden Age.

• 3 months later...
Dang it, bring the F-8 Crusader instead! :)

Why would you compare a Corsair with a Crusader?

The do both have inline intakes and high wings. Plus they were both built by Vought.

True be told,

The Crusader was nothing more then a Day fighter with aprox 20 kills the whole of its career.

The Corsair was all weather, day or night, fighter bomber that has thousands of ground kills in it service record. Not to mention some ATA kills.

The Corsair outlasted and out served any aircraft to date as far as I can tell. Just this year the HAF reluctantly retired the SLUF.

Yes I am a Corsair Fan Boy. Guilty.

The Corsair outlasted and out served any aircraft to date as far as I can tell. Just this year the HAF reluctantly retired the SLUF.

Not so sure about that considering the fact that the F4 is STILL in use today and some of it's current systems are still top secret...

:music_whistling:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

First flight for the Douglas DC-3 was Dec 17, 1935. The military designation for the DC-3A is C-47. The first flight for a C-47 was Dec 23, 1941. The C-47 is still in active use today with the SAAF as the C-47TP. This is the gold standard for longevity as far as aircraft are concerned. The A-4 Skyhawk even has the Corsair beat for longevity in active service. I think you need to add some specifics in there to make that a true statement... like saying "for a naval single engine high wing attack aircraft."

I will second the sentiment for the A-7 though. The F-8 Crusader, while it has a rudimentary attack capability, cannot hold a candle to the capability of the A-7 Corsair in ground attack. If all you want to do is turn and burn then the F-8 is what you want. For anything other than that the F-8 is not optimal. In DCS it would be nice to have a western ground attack aircraft similar in capability to the Su-25T so we could actually have realistic east vs west multiplayer scenarios. The A-7D/E would be perfect to fill that role.

Edited by Vampyre

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

• 3 months later...

Has anyone seen any information about where the A-7 will fit into RAZBAM's production schedule? Initially I had the impression that it would be coming out next after the Mirage once the decision had been made to stop work on the T-2 Buckeye. Now that they have announced that the Harrier is coming, I am just wondering if the A-7 is still in the cue, and if so, where.

If it is HALF as cool as the Mirage, I will be a happy customer!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Has anyone seen any information about where the A-7 will fit into RAZBAM's production schedule? Initially I had the impression that it would be coming out next after the Mirage once the decision had been made to stop work on the T-2 Buckeye. Now that they have announced that the Harrier is coming, I am just wondering if the A-7 is still in the cue, and if so, where.

If it is HALF as cool as the Mirage, I will be a happy customer!

Yes, it is in the queue but it requires the A/G radar too.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Well, after experiencing their Mirage, I can honestly say that I will be buying whatever it is they decide to put out next, the A-7, Harrier, or the Mud Hen (F-15E) - isn't it just like the Air Force to give such a disparaging nick name to a ground pounder, no matter how capable it is?? I mean, "Wart Hog", "Mud Hen", "Thud"..... :doh:

Edited by AG-51_Razor
spelling

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

THUD was designated to the F-105 by their drivers.....named after the sound it makes when it crashes, many lost due to controlled flight into ground. The official designation is Thunder-chief.

"The WWII P-47 had been nicknamed the Hog, and the follow-on F-84 had become the Super Hog. It was quite natural then that the F-105 would get tagged with Ultra Hog. Transition problems resulting in "controlled flight into terrain" gave rise to the name Lieutenant-eater, but that didn't stick. No one really knows what direction the nickname might have taken but for television, Buffalo Bob Smith, and the Howdy Doody show. Howdy Doody, it was alleged, was the illegitimate son of a Strategic Air Command bomber pilot, and Howdy, assisted by Mickey Mouse, was now writing standardization manuals at HQ, USAF. Buffalo Bob Smith, many others contended, was the role model for any number of Air Force Generals, while Clarabelle the Clown trained USAF stan/eval officers. On the television show, intermittently making mischief with the villainous Mr. Bluster, was a bumbling, drooling, semi-evil Indian named Chief Thunderthud. It had a nice ring to it. Thunder THUD. Thud, as in the noise made by a large heavy object hitting the ground. So, the F-105 became the Thunderthud, and finally, in life and legend, just The Thud."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great year for Aéronavale pilots!!! ^^

=P

How does the A-7 Corsair have anything to do with the Aéronavale?

Im just confused by that comment =P please clarify.

And also.

This is for everyone as hyped about the A-7 as i am.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIIHGxIR-JQ[/ame]

over one hour of A-7 footage.

Most of it cockpit footage.

Edited by mattebubben
  • Like 1

=P

How does the A-7 Corsair have anything to do with the Aéronavale?

Im just confused by that comment =P please clarify.

And also.

This is for everyone as hyped about the A-7 as i am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIIHGxIR-JQ

over one hour of A-7 footage.

Most of it cockpit footage.

Very nice video. I so hyped about being able to fly with A-7 you cannot imagine. I fell in love with this airplane since I have first saw it in a book I got for birthday... It is already 20 years since then and I still love the looks of the beast. :pilotfly:

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

Yea.

The A-7 is an impressive aircraft and im very much looking forward to it (and hope they make it before the F-15E)

Its a very capable aircraft and it had numerous modifications over time to allow the use of more advanced weapons like the HARM etc and many also had upgrades with FLIR pods.

And when they make it i hope they do the A-7E.

Both because the A-7E saw service in multiple nations (Greece and Thailand ontop of the US Navy)

and it will also make a great stable buddy with the F-14 from leatherneck.

Can you imagine => doing strike missions in the A-7E with F-14s as cap and then you all go back for a carrier landing after the mission =>.

The A-7 is very much on the top of my list of the Modules im most looking forward to.

HARM eh? I like it. The Su-25T does an OK job but this would be a nice addition if only for the SEAD capability.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog