Infantry for the UH1D

Hi,

I will try to rebuild the infantry models for dcs. I will try to give the a "modern" touch inspirated by the movie "Zero dark thirty".

I think that good looking infantry is an important factor for DCS-transport-Choppers and so I will make a try.

First I started with the silouette and I will work on it the hole evening. However- I will post every step and hope for impressions and ideas...

First-Steps1.thumb.jpg.418fc6628c649b7df0a6b9396ca751bf.jpg

First-Steps2.thumb.jpg.6f05b95ae2e457f63c2dfda7b7a19dc6.jpg

Edited by TOMCATZ

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

Okay- After some hours ...

Great, and nice to see you are back :thumbup: and working again :)

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Thank you very much.

Yes- I`m back allthough I still waiting for the F-18. However- I hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel

I gave him an HK416 rifle and an Body Amor. Not sure about the helmet: LJD helmet or base cap...

First-Steps5.thumb.jpg.bc0a8ffcb2d2c2d641350a41a47001d4.jpg

Edited by TOMCATZ

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

Great! This is gona be a good addition. I guess you plan to update the in game infantry models?

How about adding additional Infantry, Insurgents, maybe civilians of various kinds?

What DCS infantry is currently lacking most is anything that can represent an unarmed neutral faction. Or paramilitary/insurgent troops for COIN.

I did a little private mod by "retexturing" the original Speznaz Paratroopers and compiled them into a mix of "more afghan/pashtun looking" insurgents.

It's neither pretty, nor different than the existing paratroopers in terms capabilities.

If you could add especially visually unarmed civilians and armed similar looking insurgents, we could finally try building challenging COIN missions with danger close support. A situation where you need a JTAC/AFAC to ensure no harm to civilians. A challenge for the pilot to check and confirm ARMED enemy vs. unarmed civilians with the TGP or rely on precise talk ons from JTAC/AFAC.

If you could just do a working model with the animations and have the edm and LOD and texture files, I could try to add / tweak the lua stuff.

If there is a way to build multiple "liveries/textures" for infantry models we could add diversity to insurgents without adding additional models for each livery.

My current tweak unfortunately adds a new edm for each different guy.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

shagrat is right, more infantry will be amazing, specially If we can have "insurgents" and civilians. But the model you're creating looks great. Do you think it will be possible to carry those on the Huey?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Could someone please post a screenshot of what the current models we have look like?... I'm so far away from my computer that runs DCS. I really miss it! If someone would kindly post a screenshot of what a few of the current models look like it would be really nice to see a comparison.

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series