"Buddy Spike" - DCS World Online Events

gregzagk

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Throwing my name in for the next Blue Flag. Looking for a squadron willing to accept a relative newbie to DCS. I plan on doing mostly rotary wing operations.

LoneWolf: Bluefor

Callsign: CrimsonGhost

Preferred AC: KA-50, Mi-8

Alternative AC: UH-1

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

My advice, why doesnt buddy spike start a new topic header with rd6 rather than piling ontop of 12345

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

My advice, why doesnt buddy spike start a new topic header with rd6 rather than piling ontop of 12345

Round 1 thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=146480

Round 2 thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=146970

Round 3 thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=148932

Round 4 thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=150855

Round 5 thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160525

This is the overall thread for all rounds.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Callsign: OverSpeed

Lonewolf: Currently Blue, Switch to Red

Preferred Aircraft: Mig-21bis

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

Hi, due to a mistake i select the BLUE side when mi squadron are in the RED side...is possible to change or reset?

My callsing [E111]Virus

Prefered aircraft...so many as Su-27, Mil Mi-8, A-10C...

Thanks in advance.

8)

Copy ;)

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Hey, I don't know if we got registered last time, I can't see the name of our squad in the list so here I go again :

I'd like to add the 09th "Griffon" as a squad.

Blue side, 4 ships prefered aircraft A-10C

(I don't know if it's relevant but we also fly F-15s and Ka-50s)

The callsigns are :

-[09]Aru

-[09]Side

-[09]Seekles

-[09]Lewille

Many thanks

Hey Greg, I'd like to sign myself up as a lonewolf on REDFOR for BF6 or the next event like it featuring modules I can use.

Callsign: Shively

Pref. aircraft: MiG-21bis, M-2000C, also like the Sukhois from FC3.

Own the A-10C and Ka-50 as well but I'm pretty rusty with them. Also nevermind the post count, I've been lurking for months!

Will update this post later (or maybe send you a PM/make a second post later if it's been a few pages) if I wind up getting sucked into a squadron that's participating in this, am looking to become more active in multiplayer in general over the next few weeks. Look forward to flying with you guys.

Callsign: Rainbowgeorge

Lonewolf: Red

Preferred Aircraft: MiG-21bis

AMD Ryzen 5 3800X CPU

AMD Radeon RX Vega 64

G.Skill DIMM 16 GB DDR4-3600

ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

Windows 10 - 64 Bit

THRUSTMASTER TFRP + T.Flight Hotas X / TrackIR 5

Hello all,

Three weeks passed since the end of Blue Flag's 5th round, so we wanted to update you about the next steps.

Our initial plan was to move faster but some real life obligations caused a delay.

Fortunately we got back on track, gathered yesterday in the teamspeak and moved on with our next projects.

buddyspike%20site%20banner.jpg

- WW2 PvP Campaign - Operation "Case Blue"

The next event will be a WW2 PvP Campaign, called Operation "Case Blue" which is based on the Axis offensive in the Caucasus region on 1942. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Case_Blue)

The offensive starts from the Northwest, with the Red side simulating the German forces (FW-190/BF-109) which goal is to advance and capture more oil fields in the south.

Blue side simulates the Soviet forces (P-51D) which goal is to push back the Axis and recapture all the lost areas in the North.

Our goal is to keep the main gameplay of "Blue Flag" combined with the current WW2 features that DCS offers.

The initial plan is to use a number of AI aircraft which will help dealing with the absense of transport/bomber aircraft.

The concept and mission file is finalised and now Xcom and Ciribob are working on the final scripts in order to start the testing session.

Some features that will get to the testing session:

- Red side: FW-190, BF-109 & TF-51 / Blue side: P-51D & TF-51

- AI transport aircraft will spawn after a target is closed in order to simulate parachute drop. ( C-130, AN-25 simulate WW2 transports)

- AI bombers will spawn to generate bombing runs in targets. TF-51s pilots will act as reconnaissance and will be responsible of bringing the bombers through a specific process (will be explained in the upcoming PDF file)

(TU-95s with rear gunners simulate WW2 bombers, their speed is set to fit WW2 aircraft speeds)

- ZU-23's on Ural/ZU-23's enplacements used as air defence units. Fuel trucks & Parked aircraft are used also as targets.

- Flak script which will simulate Flak air defence in each target

- FARPs are replaced by Oil derricks

- Fuel system & CSAR scripts removed

- Squadron slots removed (Only general slots available)

- The first WW2 round will last max 6 days

*Depending on the testing results we may have to add/tweak or remove specific features.

- Twitch livestream

The day the testing will start we plan to have a livestream through Twitch in which we can answer to questions about the concept/features and comment live on the perfomance.

(We will propably make also fun of the takeoff/land attemps of our beloved squadmates :P )

- Registrations

Registrations process for Blue Flag rounds will remain as it is now, meaning through the ED forums.

In order to avoid confusion with the other events (Operation "Case Blue, upcoming Korean War campaign etc) we decided to do it through our website giving the users the ability to submit their own application and keep it simple.

So for all other events except Blue Flag, players can submit applications through our website and of course select their prefered side inside DCS (when you enter the server for the first time you must type RED or BLUE).

A "submit" button will be available soon featuring ALLIES or AXIS selection. When a player selects the prefered side he will gain access to the planning rooms where he can discuss strategy tactics etc with his comrades.

Next step as mentioned above is to enter the server and type RED or BLUE.

- Next "Blue Flag" Rounds / Korean War campaign / Side enents

As mentioned before, our goal is to launch 6 days rounds in order to rotate between the Campaigns variations.

The plan is to have one free week between each round in order to gather feedback and to apply changes when needed.

As "Blue Flag" (Modern, 80's, 70's) versions are more popular we want to keep them as a high priority and have more of them during the rotations.

After the WW2 round we will release another "Blue Flag" event and then plan to release a Korean War campaign.

News about the concept will be available at a later stage.

Except from the campaigns we discuss about having some smaller events based on Combined arms and CAS scenarios in order to fill the schedule till Summer.

Thanks once again for your support! Stay tuned :thumbup:

The "Buddy Spike" Team :

Xcom

Greg

Crash

Ciribob

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Very cool , guess i will finaly need to learn how to take off in WW2 fighters

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When will Blueflag be sold as a official Multiplayer mission for DCS World? This mission really deserves more than the others to be implemented as a default misson for DCS World when all the kinks are worked out. This mission is way more superior than all the other DLC campaigns that came out in my honest opinion. I would gladly pay 15 Euro's for this if needed.

And this mission can be used for all existing and future DCS modules with minor editing. This is a true mission that does the name DCS World justice.

Edited by winchesterdelta1

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

Great news! I'm really looking forward to the WW2 and Korean variations as well as the next original BluFlag! :thumbup:

Only the shortened duration of just 6 days is something I'm not that happy about.

One question: Will (small) imposters be allowed for Case Blue?

When will Blueflag be sold as a official Multiplayer mission for DCS World? This mission really deserves more than the others to be implemented as a default misson for DCS World when all the kinks are worked out. This mission is way more superior than all the other DLC campaigns that came out in my honest opinion. I would gladly pay 15 Euro's for this if needed.

And this mission can be used for all existing and future DCS modules with minor editing. This is a true mission that does the name DCS World justice.

I support this, although it's difficult since it doesn't fit the usual DLC-campaign format and it would have a negative impact on player numbers.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hi there.

The Vodka Squadron will line up 7 pilots on german airplanes, therefore staying in the RED side.

As per users udpate :

Wolfakov

LazzySeal

Tomcat

Linovski

Zweistein (probably not registered yet)

Deathbane (probably not registered yet)

Hazel (special guest)

Lonewolves are welcome flying & training with us if they wish, so they aren't too alone in the sky. :)