"Buddy Spike" - DCS World Online Events

gregzagk

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's really sad to read. We didn't spend much time together but from what I've seen you are a really valuable "asset" for the red side. :) ..But I get your points. I could atleast help with the "ripping my wings off" and the "defending AIM120s" part and give some advice if it's needed.

Hope you will change your mind! ;)

Thanks holimoli, I'll take a look at the final product when the round starts, but I won't be playing in a stacked environment for a second time.

As far as the wings... It will just take time to learn to fly within the envelope. That said, until this is passed to the other aircraft you'll find me in a 33 in a multiplayer environment every time.

I'm not completely ineffective against 120's. The last day I played the testing phase I went into a 6v1 and managed to shoot down four while the remaining two bugged out. Miracles don't always happen, so if you have anything outside notching, cranking, diving into the dirt, and extending I'm all ears. Honestly though, I want to see a 120 miss due to chaff, not my maneuvers.

Why does Blue Flag have to be once every 3 months? Can't you just let it run all the time?

Me and my boys are having so much fun, and its only testing.

Should be 24/7 tbh fam

this!

best server for MP DCS- keep up the great work!

Why does Blue Flag have to be once every 3 months? Can't you just let it run all the time?

Me and my boys are having so much fun, and its only testing.

Should be 24/7 tbh fam

because after about 2 weeks it becomes more like work

you will know it after flying for 7 days straight, 8 hours a day :smilewink:

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Well, check chat logs form 30th April on buddyspike (if such logs are stored), RvE Flame / RvE Bilbo and one more RvE guy after getting quite a lot of flanker kills (with REDs reporting on TS only seconds of RWR before dying) admitted in chat that they have Leavu3 running. After RvEs didn't seem to care, myself and several RED guys left the server in protest.

Not a gaming session that I am particularly looking forward to experience again..... especially since buddyspike is current for me "the" best server to fly here...

As c0ff suggested, issue should be resolved by allowing server side control on local export.lua ownership.

Until ED releases this tool, there is not much the BuddySpike team can do to enforce it, but monitoring on who uses it is probably an option.

This is the only MOD (that is known) to be using this "hack-able" feature of DCS and therefore there should not be many people using it yet.

A kind reminder, we do have the option to ban players indefinitely, if anyone is cought using MODs which are so called "cheating" we will ban and that player will not be able to enter any future BuddySpike event.

Let's have fun flying Blue Flag and killing each other :)

"Vympel offers R-27EP anti-radar air-to-air missile, I really want to do a SEAD against F15s :lol:"

Hey Guys,

Just a quick update about a new feature that's now in testing on the server. It still needs a lot of tweaking and is a work in progress!

When an Airfield is critically low on fuel, an AI C-130 or IL-76 will spawn in the air over a friendly airfield that's open and more than 60 KM away from the low fuel airfield.

The flight will head at top speed to the low fuel airfield and air drop 5000 fuel when overhead.

If the flight is shot down or badly damaged (so it heads off to land somewhere else), another will spawn after 30 minutes of so if the airfield is still critically low on fuel.

I wouldn't rely on these flights, they're undefended and easy to shoot down so you will need a good CAP to defend them! Helicopter flights will still be important as well, with each chopper able to deliver 850 fuel.

The amount of fuel dropped and the minimum flight distance will all be tweaked over time. Eventually the idea is to have the plane take off and land meaning that you can stop a resupply by closing runways or destroying the transport while its parked.

At airfields, 50 Fuel is taken away only when a player (not AI) takes off. Helicopters taking off do not reduce the total fuel available.

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hey Guys,

Just a quick update about a new feature that's now in testing on the server. It still needs a lot of tweaking and is a work in progress!

When an Airfield is critically low on fuel, an AI C-130 or IL-76 will spawn in the air over a friendly airfield that's open and more than 60 KM away from the low fuel airfield.

The flight will head at top speed to the low fuel airfield and air drop 5000 fuel when overhead.

If the flight is shot down or badly damaged (so it heads off to land somewhere else), another will spawn after 30 minutes of so if the airfield is still critically low on fuel.

I wouldn't rely on these flights, they're undefended and easy to shoot down so you will need a good CAP to defend them! Helicopter flights will still be important as well, with each chopper able to deliver 850 fuel.

The amount of fuel dropped and the minimum flight distance will all be tweaked over time. Eventually the idea is to have the plane take off and land meaning that you can stop a resupply by closing runways or destroying the transport while its parked.

At airfields, 50 Fuel is taken away only when a player (not AI) takes off. Helicopters taking off do not reduce the total fuel available.

Nice but would been easyier also have Mi-26 there just as big as IL-76 bring in but maybe slower.

Also Big question is when are going bring back CSAR so chopper pilots perform like they did in Round 5 picking up downed pilots.

Another note is when is model enlargement going from small completely off create the realisum needed. Mark I eyeball only see much as 1km to 3km. beyond that when GCI play the big role steer CAPto that pos or giving heads up for attackers and choppers doing grunt work.

Nice but would been easyier also have Mi-26 there just as big as IL-76 bring in but maybe slower.

Also Big question is when are going bring back CSAR so chopper pilots perform like they did in Round 5 picking up downed pilots.

Another note is when is model enlargement going from small completely off create the realisum needed. Mark I eyeball only see much as 1km to 3km. beyond that when GCI play the big role steer CAPto that pos or giving heads up for attackers and choppers doing grunt work.

you can see way further that 1 to 3km with your eyes, i mean unless human eyes see at 1920x1080, which looking at the DCS community they probably do.

you can see way further that 1 to 3km with your eyes, i mean unless human eyes see at 1920x1080, which looking at the DCS community they probably do.

Well yes wasnt talking about res was talking about in real life. But if saying in res 1920x yes see clearly yes when use binocs zoom to see ofcorse.

What mean enlargement needs be turn off re-create what real life like or least try it in sim.

Model enlargement also kills fun and sneaking around what choppers defences have to be able hide and dispear from Predtiors. and see this everyday from all creatures of life and humans bugs and anemals and such.

Anyway leave it to that on this topic.

My 2 cents...According to wikipedia, the Aim120c began arriving to squadrons in 1996. If we use this as a snapshot of the time frame we're simulating the F-15c, we need to next find out if it had datalink during that period. IMHO it didnt have this capability untill well after 2000(educated guess, no facts). The mod itself looks great, especially for sp, but think it should be left out. Just because an aircraft has an awesome new capability doesn't necessarilly mean it should be implemented in mod form in serious mp enviroment without a serious discussion.

If I developed (i wouldnt) a mod giving upgraded SA to the MiG21, I can guarentee people would start yelling hacker or cheater, but wait... its a real thing in real life, look at the Mig21 Lancer or the Mig 21-93. Long story short, just because F15s have AESA radars now doesnt mean they should in DCS.....yet.

If we're gonna allow mods like this on competitive servers then we need to bring all the aircraft up to the represented time period. Aka year 2000 plus, upgraded flankers with R77s, upgraded M2Ks etc.

• Like 1

on

Great points. I dont demand that the mod be allowed. I just think it's better if intelligent, informed, rational discussion be the basis on which its inclusion or exclusion be determined.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Actually, you wouldn't have talked so much about this mod that noone would actually know about it. :P

I still don't undertand all the rage about this mod. It is useless as a cheating tool as you can just use the imposter.lua to have instant display of everyone.

Well yes wasnt talking about res was talking about in real life. But if saying in res 1920x yes see clearly yes when use binocs zoom to see ofcorse.

What mean enlargement needs be turn off re-create what real life like or least try it in sim.

Model enlargement also kills fun and sneaking around what choppers defences have to be able hide and dispear from Predtiors. and see this everyday from all creatures of life and humans bugs and anemals and such.

Anyway leave it to that on this topic.

When the "model enlargement" is on small it's fine, you can still sneak about, and things are still hard to see, it just a makes a tiny bit easier.

I agree with Bodyorgan, this test version is a less stellar version of BF, and instead of waiting for the final release this are my final considerations..

I would really likes to see BS team actually drop the "test versions" on the public server so we can help you with testing. 2 weeks testing and well, just step backs...

So for the round coming up, since its gonna be the "modern version of BF". id like to point you attention on simple yet substantial changes.

- Change The intercept AI fighters. IE.. I quote "Chrinik": "F16 armed with 2 AIM-7 and 4 Sidewinder or 4 AIM-120B with 2 Sidewinder and MiG-29 either with R-27R and 4 R-73 or 4 R-77s and two R73s..." Sounds cool. I dont wanna see those mig23 on round 6.(2 intercepts at beslan for Red would be fair, instead of 1).

- Give us a JTAC that can be operated or Have one unit be drive able at every (City Base Farp). And yes you can make it drive able w/o it being AI driven for server loads.

- Fuel drops are still 500...

- Better deploy Air defenses. (Kubs are useless on the mountain areas, and Iglas can only do so much.)

- Model enlargement..For Vr users only if possible

So far the changes done for this version only seem to benefit one side and its getting old really fast..

Please take this from the personal point of view from someone that consistently delivers on your server, not just every now and then.

I really love BlueFlag and I thank the buddyspike team for all the effort to keep this amazing campaign running, but if its gonna be clubbing seals for blue ill give it a pass.

Edited by M460
on the public server

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

(1)- Change The intercept AI fighters. IE.. I quote "Chrinik": "F16 armed with 2 AIM-7 and 4 Sidewinder or 4 AIM-120B with 2 Sidewinder and MiG-29 either with R-27R and 4 R-73 or 4 R-77s and two R73s..." Sounds cool. I dont wanna see those mig23 on round 6.(2 intercepts at beslan for Red would be fair, instead of 1).

(2)- Give us a JTAC that can be operated or Have one unit be drive able at every (City Base Farp). And yes you can make it drive able w/o it being AI driven for server loads.

(3)- Better deploy Air defenses. (Kubs are useless on the mountain areas, and Iglas can only do so much.)

(4)- Model enlargement..For Vr users only if possible

So far the changes done for this version only seem to benefit one side and its getting old really fast..

I really love BlueFlag and I thank the buddyspike team for all the effort to keep this amazing campaign running, but if its gonna be clubbing seals for blue ill give it a pass.

(1) Improved interceptors sound kinda cool, wasn't aware there was only 1 interceptor at Beslan... seems kind of odd.

(2) From everything I've read on other server posts there are stability issues with CA units... given the stability issues last round I'm not sure this is a good idea.

(3) Kinda like the interceptors... how does the BUK shape up compared to the KUB? Looking at the hoggit wiki the stats seem pretty similar, I assume the tracking is more accurate and the missile more agile?

(4) AFAIK this isn't possible. Last I looked the model enlargement setting is universal across the server, if the mission is saved as "small"... all the connected clients will have model enlargement set to small as well. Though I do believe the actual effectiveness of model enlargement still varies depending on the resolution each client actually renders the game at.

I honestly don't believe any of the changes made were with the intention of stacking the odds for one faction or the other. Its unfortunate the mig21's radar is broken but the buddy spike team couldn't have foreseen that. Has a time frame on a fix been outlined?

IMO it far too early to make the assumption that this round will be a lesson in the art of seal clubbing... concerns have been raised about numbers for each faction, I don't believe any of us can make an educated assumption of what the actual numbers will be until the round is underway.

Last round squadrons just weren't a major factor, and they are the ones who tend to signup ahead of time... it came down to warm bodies on TS for basic coordination. As I type this the server has only red population, this round is anyone's game at this point. Threatening to sit out the round because of perceived imbalances before the round even starts... it just stacks the odds against the faction you intend to fight for.

(1) Improved interceptors sound kinda cool, wasn't aware there was only 1 interceptor at Beslan... seems kind of odd.

(2) From everything I've read on other server posts there are stability issues with CA units... given the stability issues last round I'm not sure this is a good idea.

(3) Kinda like the interceptors... how does the BUK shape up compared to the KUB? Looking at the hoggit wiki the stats seem pretty similar, I assume the tracking is more accurate and the missile more agile?

(4) AFAIK this isn't possible. Last I looked the model enlargement setting is universal across the server, if the mission is saved as "small"... all the connected clients will have model enlargement set to small as well. Though I do believe the actual effectiveness of model enlargement still varies depending on the resolution each client actually renders the game at.

I honestly don't believe any of the changes made were with the intention of stacking the odds for one faction or the other. Its unfortunate the mig21's radar is broken but the buddy spike team couldn't have foreseen that. Has a time frame on a fix been outlined?

IMO it far too early to make the assumption that this round will be a lesson in the art of seal clubbing... concerns have been raised about numbers for each faction, I don't believe any of us can make an educated assumption of what the actual numbers will be until the round is underway.

Last round squadrons just weren't a major factor, and they are the ones who tend to signup ahead of time... it came down to warm bodies on TS for basic coordination. As I type this the server has only red population, this round is anyone's game at this point. Threatening to sit out the round because of perceived imbalances before the round even starts... it just stacks the odds against the faction you intend to fight for.

+1

Tactical Commander can use AA on the FARPS and Airbases. I would think it counts as CA. Would sure like a pointer there.

Was looking forward to have Tunguska, strella or tor taken out to the field. it would be fun to carry around for testing at least. But I already mentioned that in an earlier reply.

Whenever the other team falls a sleep cause time zones, its usually a sweep operation until the numbers even up. Having more challenging ground units would improve the overall experience, but closing an airbase/farp with a single KA-50 is also fun.

Edited by M460

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Getting ambushed by 2 Hueys in a Ka-50 is not pleasant

i was quite pleased with the outcome of that engagement:pilotfly:

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Regarding the numbers, some people decided to not play due to various reasons, and there was this

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2761755&postcount=1312

which probably prompted some switching.

I personally find the concern about player numbers odd, last round nobody seemed to care, and whichever side got outnumbered had to live with the results.

Edited by kobeshow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy