Cockpit Yak-40

TX_Thumper,

Why on earth would ED waste so much time developing a civilian aircraft for a "Combat" sim....

Considering that you apparently know how old the thread is, one would assume that you at one point would have taken the time to read through it before posting your rude comment - if you had, you would have realised that this isn't "ED developing a civilian aircraft", but a project undertaken by a third party 3D artist that ED has agreed to implement and that the very point to this thread was to ask other third party 3D artists to develop a cockpit for it.

Moreover, civilian aircraft have a tendency to exist in the real world - yet are missing completely from the lock-on world, so as far as I am concerned it would add more to the game than yet another fighter aircraft.

...when there are so many other GLARING problems with LOMAC that could be dealt with instead...

1. Dedicated sever mode?
  2. Improved damage or flight modelling for current flyables?
  3. Additional Western flyables? (hint F-16, FA/18, F-15E or any fast mover that can carry A/G weaponry)
  4. Widescreen Support (or at least fix it where it doesnt wipe out my settings every time I go into options panel for anything at all)
  5. TrackIR bug.

Do you get the point?

No I don't - it is the most idotic "point" I have seen yet.

I read something about spending 7 months on the Yak40 development, but none of the other problems in LockOn have yet to be addressed. I would say that this is unbelievable but from what I have seen with development of this Sim it is actually something more like "Typical".

What does a community 3D project have to do with any of the issues you listed above - do you think this independant 3D artist could have undertaken the programming tasks required for the things you mentioned?.....:doh: .

Don't get me wrong, I love flying LockOn, but spending so much time on adding something new that nobody even asked for instead of fixing problems that have been posted about "ad infinitum" seems crazy to me. Let me just say that there are a number of prescription medications on the market for ADHD that can add focus and clarity to ones day to day life. Perhaps some of those meds would be a step in the right direction.

Here is some medication for you - take 20% warning against rude behaviour....if no effect is observed, I will be happy to extend the treatment for as long as it takes.

• Like 1

JJ

Alfa...you can ban me for all I care...if all you have in life is the power and control of being a forum mod have at it big boy...and if you dont see the point in my post then there's no hope for you...

To be fair...give yourself a 20% warn for ranting and being truly insulting...not to mention an outright ass...

P.S. "idotic" is spelled idiotic...

I dont see the purpose of your deviation to this thread other than to let some of your steam out for a bruised ego. If the warn is not a big deal, then dont make it a big deal and pretend you dont care. Your getting a fine thread locked.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

One minute you saying this the next its a fine thread ? whats up with that turn around?

sissy civilian aircraft is for MSFS. This is for big men for playing chicken with missiles. :D

Yak-40 looses everytime, why bother?! :D

• Like 1

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Alfa...you can ban me for all I care...if all you have in life is the power and control of being a forum mod have at it big boy...and if you dont see the point in my post then there's no hope for you...

To be fair...give yourself a 20% warn for ranting and being truly insulting...not to mention an outright ass...

P.S. "idotic" is spelled idiotic...

Here you go - take the week off.

Come back with that attitude and I will make it permanent :)

JJ

OK here is my thoughts,

1. How often do you see Civ Aircraft flying in a combat zone.

2. So one type of aircraft will make the sim more real? (is that the only civ aircraft around)

3. Why is it when a person gives his feelings he is given a week away from the messgae board.

I'm starting to thinks the message boards are one sided. Just like the Sim. I guess that a person can not place his views for improvements for the sim. I just dont understand why one person can not voice is thoughts on the subject, I didnt see and rants or raves in Thumpers post, so where that came from I dont know guess its related to a time zone thing or something!

Cinch

• Like 1
sig_Cinch.jpg

Yak-40....LMAO!

This is truly a russian sim.

Lets not fix any of the plethora of F15/A10 issues or the fact that you cant even refuel on a kc-10 online after all these years but hey here is a russian model that is absolutely useless in a combat flight sim. I finally give up hoping for anything for the western aircraft.

I speak in regards to the western aircraft and all things related to them. I gotta say the russian stuff is truly amazing when it comes to this sim.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, but this thread is over half a year old. Even then, it wasn't clear exactly what ED's plans were for the Yak and how they would relate to Lock On. I would suspect that outside of maybe inlcuding the 3D model, they simply wouldn't.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

OK here is my thoughts,

1. How often do you see Civ Aircraft flying in a combat zone.

All the time - believe it or not.

2. So one type of aircraft will make the sim more real?

In my opinion civilian aircraft most certainly would make the Lock-on world more "real".

(is that the only civ aircraft around)

No but if implemented, it is the only one in Lock-on :)

3. Why is it when a person gives his feelings he is given a week away from the messgae board.

Please re-read "the person's" posts and tell me again that you don't understand why he was given a week's leave.

I'm starting to thinks the message boards are one sided. Just like the Sim. I guess that a person can not place his views for improvements for the sim.

You can place whatever views you want, but there is a good and a bad way of expressing them......being rude and insulting is not acceptable.

I just dont understand why one person can not voice is thoughts on the subject, I didnt see and rants or raves in Thumpers post, so where that came from I dont know guess its related to a time zone thing or something!

Apart from the general rude attitude of his initial post, you didn't think there was anything wrong with this last part?...

....Let me just say that there are a number of prescription medications on the market for ADHD that can add focus and clarity to ones day to day life. Perhaps some of those meds would be a step in the right direction.

Besides, I only gave him a 20% warning for the above.....the week vacation he earned for his following posts.

JJ

For those that wonder why ED would add a relative unpopular ( because unknown ) civilian aircraft to Lock On, here is my 'opinion':

I have the impression that the Yak-40 would have been a testbed to see if the community can come up with the high standard 3d content needed to make a plane flyable. If I remember correctly the 3d external model of the Yak-40 was one of the first 3rd party aircraft added to LOMAC ( after the Predator UAV ). It seems ED just wanted to check wether the community can come up with a cockpit 3d model aswell.

The Yak-40 sound like a good choice for such a experiment because it would require relative few work by ED themselve. Beeing a civilian aircraft, the Yak-40 has no complex combat systems to model, only a very basic navigation suite that I guess is already covered by the developments around the Ka-50. The flightmodel must be on the easier side also, subsonic with a large amount of data available.

So a simple civilian aircraft sounds like a good choice to check the feasability of larger community involvement in flyable aircraft development. Remember the first 3rd party aircraft of Il-2 ? It was the Bi-2, a very obscure and rare experimental, with very simplistic characteristics.

I guess if the Yak-40 testbed would have been succesfull, ED would have considered to work more closely with 3rd party modelers to add more combat aircraft, to still the neverending need of the community of more flyables.

Considering how old this thread is, I guess that this experiment was not especialy successfull. While several community members keep supplying 3d models of very high quality ( especialy on the russian side ), it seems that nobody yet has taken the challange of a cockpit.

At least that is my impression by reading the information available on the forums, what is realy happening within ED is beyond my knowledge.

Here is another reason way it’s a good idea to have a civilian plane in addition to the posts above: with introduction of civilian plane it would make sense to divide coalitions into three groups thus having red, blue and neutral and introduction of an additional system of identification friend or foe that also means having neutral airfields where no other groups can refuel or reload, by the way refuelling could be done better if you could radio to the control and arrange for the trucks to come along and do their job in the parking area and if for some reason they get destroyed, it’s another goal to build a mission based on with no take offs from parking area, helicopters could reload wherever those trucks are and radio support for CAS from main control point if ether ground or air reconnaissance was present.

Anyways I’ve just drifted off course slightly however I’m just saying that those kind of innovations could mean a great deal in LockOn world.:huh:

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

One minute you saying this the next its a fine thread ? whats up with that turn around?

Perhaps you cant detect the humorous intent in that? ;)

No turn arround whatsoever and I dont get whats your point precisely.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I have the impression that the Yak-40 would have been a testbed to see if the community can come up with the high standard 3d content needed to make a plane flyable. If I remember correctly the 3d external model of the .

And, as experiment, it possibly paves the way for ED to allow te community to add new flyable aircraft / models where we dont have to swap a Su-33 model to fly a F-18.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm, ok now we can fly around in a passenger aircraft and get shot down by noobs! Well at least ED is going to make a bunch of FSX owners that cant fly it on their system happy. I still dont understand why one civilian aircraft is making it in to the sim when i'm sure that if a request was put out for more US aircraft, to be modeled as a flyable to even out the unbalanced sides here in aircraft, hell I would be happy with the f-16, f-4, or at least a helo of some us side. Just my .02. Hope you all enjoy flying it in the game, Hey why dont someone start a formation flying team with the aircraft.

Out,

Cinch

sig_Cinch.jpg

as i understood;

- yak-40 3D model isnt fully moddeled yet (need to fix some minor details)

- noone wants to make cockpit for player; probably it will stay as AI plane

- forum user Andrew Tikhonovsky is makeing model not ED

Hmmm, ok now we can fly around in a passenger aircraft and get shot down by noobs! Well at least ED is going to make a bunch of FSX owners that cant fly it on their system happy. I still dont understand why one civilian aircraft is making it in to the sim when i'm sure that if a request was put out for more US aircraft, to be modeled as a flyable to even out the unbalanced sides here in aircraft, hell I would be happy with the f-16, f-4, or at least a helo of some us side. Just my .02. Hope you all enjoy flying it in the game, Hey why dont someone start a formation flying team with the aircraft.

Out,

Cinch

I don't know about F-16, but F-4 has no chance at all since its needs 2 pilot to operate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't know about F-16, but F-4 has no chance at all since its needs 2 pilot to operate.

Yak-40 need 2 pilots to operate was well.

And even if ED decide to add a west plane. I think F-18 will be better than F-16. Because Russian side has one Carrier Based Su-33, But US side has no carrier based fighter.

{REMOVED BY FORUM ADMIN}

Out,

Cinch

Round 2?

There will not be a flyable Yak in Lock On. The guy just made a third-party 3D model. I can't speak for ED's internal experiments and other potential projects (they had a "flyable" Shilka too at some point), but this has no relevance to the game's flyables.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules