Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

Any plans to include pre-loaded waypoints on the Viggen cartridge?

Why do you want to have them? I've been able to use all of the weapons excluding bk90 for obvious reasons on OC. You can program everything yourself, it takes some time but that's the best way to do it in MP right now.

Other bug i remembered just now, there seems to be an issue in bluefor Skynet not displaying kills on AI, which can be a bit confusing sometimes.

I don't see this problem, both red and blue sides have proper combat logs including AI kills.

There is a DCS bugs tho where your aircraft can be so damaged the game will considered it destroyed and send out crash events and stop registering your aircraft action BUT it's still somehow flyable and you can land and go repair.

Then, Skynet doesn't receive any events about the dead but repaired aircrafts and your hits won't register.

An AI dying without registered hits won't output a combat log.

Can you please do a -report next time you feel this bug happens?

I will be able to trace what happens.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Regardless of plane or situation, I think that the chat message for an AI plane getting killed is not being displayed, while kills scored by the AI are working. Only on bluefor though, redfor skynet reports are fine.

Regardless of plane or situation, I think that the chat message for an AI plane getting killed is not being displayed, while kills scored by the AI are working. Only on bluefor though, redfor skynet reports are fine.

Strange, ill check:book:

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Well, i acidentally killed a teammate, on the same flight i was deep in enemy zone and got engaged by a M2k, he launched at me, directly turned the tables and R73ed his ass.. seemed to be a friendly aswell <.<" got kicked for that, how long is the ban ? just got the message " autokicked due to blablabla" FeelsBad:(

So I checked and wasn't able to repro the bug on my side.

Still, I added more debug logs in the kill tracking and reporting system.

When you kill an AI and the combat log doesn't display anything, can you please do a -report at this time so I can track this instance of the bug and see what's going on?

Thanks

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Well, i acidentally killed a teammate, on the same flight i was deep in enemy zone and got engaged by a M2k, he launched at me, directly turned the tables and R73ed his ass.. seemed to be a friendly aswell <.<" got kicked for that, how long is the ban ? just got the message " autokicked due to blablabla" FeelsBad:(

Just a 10 minute cooldown.

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

The server was killed by Windows 10 force update during the night :mad:

I've restarted it this morning.

wow, now i realize how invasive is foce update from windows 10.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

wow, now i realize how invasive is foce update from windows 10.

Yea Windows 10 is definitely a regression in term of control over your computer and a progress in term of Microsoft pushing their adds and products on you :)

Still it's a bit more stable for a server.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Question For Mirknir:

New to multiplayer but I've really been enjoying beating things up in the A-10C.

However, I seem to be having an issue with "backing out" to the bullpen and then disco-ing cleanly. DCS wants to hang and close which is yielding TacView files that TacView says it can't open. Really big files that are useless unless, is there a way to recover these files and make them playable?

Any suggestions for improving the odds when I want to step out and go study my activities?

(FWIW, I am taking the time to park the jet back in the hardstand and go through the shutdown procedures so I'm not "rushing" to leave the server by ejecting or just quitting mid flight)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Question For Mirknir:

New to multiplayer but I've really been enjoying beating things up in the A-10C.

However, I seem to be having an issue with "backing out" to the bullpen and then disco-ing cleanly. DCS wants to hang and close which is yielding TacView files that TacView says it can't open. Really big files that are useless unless, is there a way to recover these files and make them playable?

Any suggestions for improving the odds when I want to step out and go study my activities?

(FWIW, I am taking the time to park the jet back in the hardstand and go through the shutdown procedures so I'm not "rushing" to leave the server by ejecting or just quitting mid flight)

Yea, I am not sure what is happening.

All I know is there is now a 10 min "anti cheat" delay so you should just not have the last 10 min of you flight but still be able to open the files.

I will direct Vyrtuoz to this post so he can give you some more information but I can already tell you he will want you to share one of these problematic files so he can investigate :)

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

FlyingPhotog

When DCS World crash, the acmi files compressed in zip format are corrupted and cannot be opened by Tacview.

I am going to add an option in Tacview exporter so you can disable the zip file compression. That way, you will still be able to open it in Tacview after a DCS World crash.

Please, note that this option will not circumvent the 10 minutes anti-cheat delay in effect on Open Conflict.

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

FlyingPhotog

When DCS World crash, the acmi files compressed in zip format are corrupted and cannot be opened by Tacview.

I am going to add an option in Tacview exporter so you can disable the zip file compression. That way, you will still be able to open it in Tacview after a DCS World crash.

Please, note that this option will not circumvent the 10 minutes anti-cheat delay in effect on Open Conflict.

I don't care about the 10 minute delay since I can just park the jet and wait it out if I really want the tail end. And these corruptions are not due to servers crashing. It's hanging when I try to disco from the server and THAT is yielding unreadable files.

What you need is an ON/OFF switch in game where you can stop the recording while you're still logged in and operating cleanly. It's unfortunate (and kinda unfair) that the recording is tied so closely to whether you can cleanly exit a server or not. I lost a really good session tonight that I really, really wanted to watch. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

I have to say I recently re-installed tacview after previously having some crashes on an old HDD and bad ram PC, but now I can use it flawlessly and am thoroughly impressed with this software. Incredible work vyrtuoz. A recording quick bind or a way to read corrrupt files would even make it more of an incredible feature as i too unfortunately lost an engagement I wanted to see due to a CTD. Nevertheless I will be a customer for the long haul! Wish I had this years ago when I was an instructor to show students

Edited by acdelta57

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Mirknir, have you ever thought of implementing the Complete Transport and Logistic Deployment (CTLD) script in Open Conflict?

I just did some cargo slinging on another server (16AGR) and it is the most fun and challenging thing. I think the ability for helicopters to sling vehicles (especially SAMS, AAA) into the battle field (even if its only a limited number) might add an interesting dynamic and give helicopter pilots a greater sense of purpose on the server.

Cheers

Mirknir, have you ever thought of implementing the Complete Transport and Logistic Deployment (CTLD) script in Open Conflict?

I just did some cargo slinging on another server (16AGR) and it is the most fun and challenging thing. I think the ability for helicopters to sling vehicles (especially SAMS, AAA) into the battle field (even if its only a limited number) might add an interesting dynamic and give helicopter pilots a greater sense of purpose on the server.

Cheers

Part of the overall I am doing to Skynet include more purpose to helicopter and more opportunities and consequences for delivery / rescue missions.

Delivery is being extended to deliver cargo / deploy team.

Rescue is being extended to rescue pilots / recover cargo.

Consequences will also be extended to work with some new concepts I want to add like FARP/Airport capture and Intelligence/Fog Of War.

Also, I would like to include DCS cargo slinging in my virtual cargo system and will soon need helicopter pilots to help me investigate this system and the information I can monitor.

My cargo system is made to work in collaboration with all other systems Skynet has and also to make the -tr and -re mission available to other aircrafts like trainers or WWII planes.

I can't just plug another script on top of Skynet :)

I definitely want to use aircrafts specific feature when possible like when I added the radio beacon.

So I want to look into this cargo slinging especially since I saw how much new cargo type was added.

Also to know that I am sadly crazy busy with my actual work and I am not able to make that much progress on either Skynets at the moment ; sorry about that :(

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Chat multiplayer colors...

Hello.

Is there a manner to change blue color for another like very pale yellow or something else ?

Because when we are in sunset the blue color become hard to read.

I did not check on others servers because yours is the very coolest i found to date !

You have done a wonderful job with Open Conflict ! :thumbup:

Thank so much in advance for your help and sorry if my english is not so good.

Steff.