Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign

gregzagk

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was extremely saddened to learn that despite the claim of progress being saved, all the shorad units I deployed disappeared after the server restarted.

:(

EDIT: Also, I flew the Mi-8 straight through the battle of Beslan and survived (then unfortunately the server crashed). This was the most frightening flight I've ever had in the Mi-8. http://www.twitch.tv/sniporbob/v/13646337

Edited by sniporbob

I was extremely saddened to learn that despite the claim of progress being saved, all the shorad units I deployed disappeared after the server restarted.

:(

EDIT: Also, I flew the Mi-8 straight through the battle of Beslan and survived (then unfortunately the server crashed). This was the most frightening flight I've ever had in the Mi-8. http://www.twitch.tv/sniporbob/v/13646337

Hello. It is noted that the deploeyd units are for temporary usage. That means that you use them only for a temporary purpose (for a capture or setting a radar for 3 hours).

The server restarts every 3 hours so the respawned units are lost. The mission saves the status of the campaign and the groups in the airbases , cities, FARPs which are alive or getting to repair etc. So nothing from them is lost even with the crash.

Pls check again the pdf guide for more. Thanks

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Thanks for reply guys. I had the older version of the manual with green smokes. Also because the helicopters are started on the ramps the radio menu was switched to takeoff clearance and thought the F10 Other menu is not present.

An observation

Yesterday evening I saw 2 blue tanks on Sochi airbase (which was red and on 0% I think) shooting at things... was this a human intervention or some hidden assets of former owners? To me it looked like someone pulled them away from trigger so they will not fell in the Red hands and then after capture moved them back in to exterminate the "plague".

Is this a fair tactic?

P.S. I think the (new) manual pdf and on the site still has info with green smokes.

Also a question I still can't find answer in manual. With what exact troops you repair an airfield/FARP/City?

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Yesterday evening I saw 2 blue tanks on Sochi airbase (which was red and on 0% I think) shooting at things... was this a human intervention or some hidden assets of former owners? To me it looked like someone pulled them away from trigger so they will not fell in the Red hands and then after capture moved them back in to exterminate the "plague".

Is this a fair tactic?

Yes. Ground Commanders can move units for defence purposes only. It gives an even more dynamic feeling in the battles and forces the attackers to spot and be sure that they destroyed everything before landing troops. The enemy group numbers are specific (e.g. 7 units inside a city) so you can check if you destroyed everything before they repair again.

What is not allowed is to move groups from one asset to another (e.g. from a city to an airbase) and this is a rule only for stability reasons.If it didn't cause issues we wouldn't place a rule .

Greg

last two days we(guys from several squads, ie UVAF, TMS, RAF, etc) have a problems with capturing points (airbases), it was on several occasions with Sochi-Adler and Gudauta. Next i'll tell how we try to capture Sochi-Adler yesterday: first of all our attackers destroyed all the blue units untill airbase status changes from Blue to Neutral, then transport helos drop troops and airbase status changes from Neutral to Red, then some of us starts refueling/rearming, BUT after ~1-2 minutes after airbase became Red its appears blue units and destroy our aircrafts, some of them in that moment had REFUELING on airbase with RED status. this happend many times. after that some guys lost the desire to continue flights.

maybe capturing script has a problems?

or we need a more detailed manual "How to capture airbase" ? :megalol:

last two days we(guys from several squads, ie UVAF, TMS, RAF, etc) have a problems with capturing points (airbases), it was on several occasions with Sochi-Adler and Gudauta. Next i'll tell how we try to capture Sochi-Adler yesterday: first of all our attackers destroyed all the blue units untill airbase status changes from Blue to Neutral, then transport helos drop troops and airbase status changes from Neutral to Red, then some of us starts refueling/rearming, BUT after ~1-2 minutes after airbase became Red its appears blue units and destroy our aircrafts, some of them in that moment had REFUELING on airbase with RED status. this happend many times. after that some guys lost the desire to continue flights.

maybe capturing script has a problems?

or we need a more detailed manual "How to capture airbase" ? :megalol:

Hey. The script works differently than the default capturing of DCS way.

In order to capture an airbase you have first to see the message "The airbase is closed". Then you can land troops. This one is important. Do not land troops before it says "closed".

The script works fine so far so I understand that the enemy moved groups outside of the 2kms of the airbase and when you got there he returned and attacked you ;)

Sochi,Beslan,Maykop has changed sides 100 times :P

Greg

Edited by gregzagk

Maybe is the same thing I reported above?

here is a "guncam" :P record of that strange thing happening on Sochi?

I also observed quite a bit of warping last night... some was on Airplanes in game some was in F10 map as tactical commander.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I also observed quite a bit of warping last night... some was on Airplanes in game some was in F10 map as tactical commander.

Yes there was an issue after 4 hours that the server was running so we restarted the mission. Things got ok after that. Hopefully this will point to zero the next days.

Greg

Hey. The script works differently than the default capturing of DCS way.

In order to capture an airbase you have first to see the message "The airbase is closed". Then you can land troops. This one is important. Do not land troops before it says "closed".

The script works fine so far so I understand that the enemy moved groups outside of the 2kms of the airbase and when you got there he returned and attacked you ;)

Sochi,Beslan,Maykop has changed sides 100 times :P

Greg

ок, thanks, only after "The airbase is closed" :)

The script works fine so far so I understand that the enemy moved groups outside of the 2kms of the airbase and when you got there he returned and attacked you

ohh, so tricky blue guys :D

You must also be on the guard for enemy helicopters sneaking in enemy troops at the moment of capture!

Here is an example of what Greg did to the IAF team during the tests of the campaign:

It took a long time for us to destroy all the forces at Beslan, and the only helicopter we had was carrying a SHORAD load (2x SA-9 vehicles). There were very few red online and apart from a few harassments with Su-27s it was only a matter of time until we killed the red ground forces at Beslan. So we finally get the closed message at Beslan, and the helicopter lands and offloads the 2x SA-9 BRDMs, we capture Beslan and everybody lands at Beslan to celebrate.

During the whole ordeal Greg decides to do an unconventional move: he loaded up a helicopter with a mortar team, and sneaked it near the airport when we were all on the ground celebrating the capture.

As soon as the mortar team deploys, they open fire on the 2x SA-9 BRDMs on the field and destroy them. Now Beslan was still closed, and the only ground units within the capture trigger was the red mortar team!!!

Sneaky Greg managed to re-capture Beslan with a Mi-8 and a mortar team!!!

So the moral of this story is:

1. When going for a capture of an airbase, do bring as many troops as you can and a good mix of them - they need to survive holding the capture until the base starts repairing.

2. Be very careful to land & refuel at a base that you just captured - it is defenseless and too close to the frontline.

S!

Edited by ViFF

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Quick question. Can anyone participate or is it necessary to sign up to do so?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Quick question. Can anyone participate or is it necessary to sign up to do so?

Hello. The server is not passworded for at the moment so basically anyone can join.

This may change in the future depending on the traffic etc so it's better to sign up.

Also by signing up in the buddy spike website you will be aware of notifications regarding current and future events.

At the other hand squadrons should register as this way they get reserved slots and airbases.

Greg

Will participate in next two weeks, just returned from travel and finally back to safe house where is my simpit. So happy for this campaign. Wish to express deep respect and appreciation to it's hosts and editors!

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

after mission restart Sochi-Adler airbase is blue (by F10 map), but before mission restart Sochi was red

Checked. It's ok.

It just got repaired that's why.It's red now also in the F10 map. The server restarts every ~3 hours. When it restarts the transported units from the previous run are not there anymore.

As you captured Sochi just before the server restart, the server begun with no units there until it got repaired. It's red now again :) ( repair time from 20-30 minutes)

I know the features may some times confuse but we will all get used of how the current campaign is working ;)

Greg

determination if an object is red or blue is not by clicking on it through the F10 map.

You have 2 options -

1. Opening the radio (\), clicking F10 (Other), Click on PakInfo and choosing the relevant PAK to show the information for. (For Sochi it is PAK4).

2. Going to our webpage which shows the objective owner as it changes -

http://opblueflag-buddyspike.rhcloud.com/

We have waited far far to long to join this event. If we are not to late to the fight we will add the following players (more players will come if there are available spaces).

TAW_OverG. F-15.

TAW_Panthir. F-15.

TAW_Belerophon, Ka-50

TAW_redcoreSix, F-15, Su-27

TAW_marcranger, F-15.

We have not selected any side but RED will be fine if they are a bit low on active players. Basically we want some active targets :)

Hope this fits inn to your plan! :thumbup:

EDIT: Also added post on Buddyspike.

Edited by HiJack