No active missiles? MICA?

Joni

The RDI radar cannot discriminate ground targets. It will give you ranging info of the ground but not about a specific target.

That is why it uses INS as primary CCRP source.

Wondering If any Mirage 2000 fan can explain us how that mode works. I mean, is possible to attack targets of oportunity with CCRP mode somehow?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

The RDI radar cannot discriminate ground targets. It will give you ranging info of the ground but not about a specific target.

That is why it uses INS as primary CCRP source.

great thanks!

what guided air to ground weapons will we have?

jeez, i dont what to do, part of me is desperate of getting a fighter full simulated rather than the f15 and su27 that are arcade, but the lack of active missiles makes me feel im flying in the 70s

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

Yes you can engage targets of opportunity.

doesnt seem very effective imho. imagine having to look for the target and having to point your nose onto it.... you are never going to designate the exact center of the target to have an accurate solution...

if am wrong please prove it, nothing will make me happier than being wrong about this

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

doesnt seem very effective imho. imagine having to look for the target and having to point your nose onto it.... you are never going to designate the exact center of the target to have an accurate solution...

if am wrong please prove it, nothing will make me happier than being wrong about this

No, you're not wrong, but the thing to remember is the Mirage 2000C is primarily an air to air fighter. You can cart LGBs, but you do not have a pod to designate. You potentially could see a SEAD missile, but that is under debate as it was never actualy fielded. It also technically can carry Exocet.

This will be about as capable of ground attack as the MiG-21, maybe a bit more accurate, but the 2000 isn't a mud mover. Later upgrades drastically enhanced its abilities to do things like that, but this version is not one of them. If you're waiting for a precision ground attack plane, wait for LNs F-14 or Viggen.

This aircraft will do great on server 80s nights, and fighting against enemy ground attack aircraft and the MiG-21. It is outclassed by F-15s, but it'll be more than capable of fighting them if the pilot fights smart.

The French Mirage 2000C is the only Mirage 2000 variant with the RDI missile right?

The Exports either used the Older RDM or the Mirage 2000-5s that used the RDY.

Atleast thats how i understood it =P.

That's about it, yes.

We sold a dozen second hand RDIs to Brazil a few years back. IIRC they are no longer in active service there.

BTW I guess it was a typo but... RDI is the radar, not a missile.

spacer.png

No, you're not wrong, but the thing to remember is the Mirage 2000C is primarily an air to air fighter. You can cart LGBs, but you do not have a pod to designate. You potentially could see a SEAD missile, but that is under debate as it was never actualy fielded. It also technically can carry Exocet.

This will be about as capable of ground attack as the MiG-21, maybe a bit more accurate, but the 2000 isn't a mud mover. Later upgrades drastically enhanced its abilities to do things like that, but this version is not one of them. If you're waiting for a precision ground attack plane, wait for LNs F-14 or Viggen.

This aircraft will do great on server 80s nights, and fighting against enemy ground attack aircraft and the MiG-21. It is outclassed by F-15s, but it'll be more than capable of fighting them if the pilot fights smart.

ok, i think that is was holds me from buying it. so you say the mirage 2000c is outdated in relation to the f15c? i mean, apart from the active missiles, how do the radars of both compare?

if the mirage 2000c is like the mig21 in terms of radar performance then i will definitely refrain from this module.

ok, i think that is was holds me from buying it. so you say the mirage 2000c is outdated in relation to the f15c? i mean, apart from the active missiles, how do the radars of both compare?

if the mirage 2000c is like the mig21 in terms of radar performance then i will definitely refrain from this module.

The Mirage's radar is much better than the MiG-21, it is leaps and bounds superior, but the plane is outmatched compared to the F-15C in a BVR match.

Trust me, it's sufficient. It's the exact same thing that was used for decades before precision-guided munitions became the norm and I'm sure anyone who has been on the receiving end of a dumb bomb CCIP/CCRP attack run will testify to its effectiveness. The IAF raid on the Osirak reactor was done with Mk84 dumb bombs and CCIP-cued sighting and there's a blown up nuclear reactor husk sitting east of Baghdad today to prove it worked just fine.

What this module will give you is a proper multirole fast-mover at the DCS level of simulation. That's plenty of bang for your buck without insisting on fancy targeting pods and active radar missiles to go out and kill your targets for you. SARH and visual bombing are the old-fashioned, do-it-yourself ways of doing business. It's character-building.

mmmm what to do... what to do......

i am a naval aviator in my country, so i am tired of flying old aircraft (mirage III), i love technology and that is what i always like simulating... so i guess this is not the right module for me.

i just didnt know what simulation of the mirage 2000 this was gonna be

it looks pretty much like the old mirage iii we fly here

I seriously doubt the F15 can reach targets that are more than 40km away...

If you activate the labels, most of the time you can only lock targets that are already labeled or that get labeled shortly after being locked, and IIRC labels only appear when a target is 20kts away.

And BTW, why complaining about a 40km range if I also fly the MiG21 and I love it??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

And BTW, why complaining about a 40km range if I also fly the MiG21 and I love it??

lol, you're absolutely right.

This bird has better Radar, Weaponry, FCS, RWR, NAV systems, range(and AAR capability) compared to MiG-21.

If you fly Mirage there is no enemy who could beat you:megalol:

I think you *can* get a good CCRP solution by pointing your nose and designate.

This is possible if the computer can use ranging data from the radar OR elevation data from a ground database (and calculating the point on the ground intersecting the piper LOS).

So if one of those two is supported then it's possible.

I think the best comparison to the M2000 is the often forgotten MiG-29A/G. That is the plane closest to the M2000 we're getting.

It will be able to fight with F-15/Su-27, but it won't be the best. Balance can be achieved by mission design anyway.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I'm not really clear on the Mirage but I'm interested in the module. To be clear, it was never a SEAD platform and we won't be getting that capability, correct?

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Guys, we have to be very satisfied that there are companies develoving advance modules. We have to support such efforts. There will be other following modules as well, and a -5 version, to satisfy Mica lovers.

I love M2K.

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

If you activate the labels, most of the time you can only lock targets that are already labeled or that get labeled shortly after being locked, and IIRC labels only appear when a target is 20kts away.

I assume you mean 20 nm (not kts), that's 37 km, quite close to 40 km, it's not that bad actually

I've hit targets at 30-35 km out. Altitude is your friend.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet