Pre-Purchase M-2000C for DCS World by RAZBAM

Wags

Ya I noticed when observing take off speed in the latest video.it's not an issue I just prefer metric, obviously realism trumps that lol

I prefer as well metric. But I have read that Mirage 2000 systems should allow to switch the HUD to metric. And probability that client country could as well opt to have rests of avionics being in metric too.

But I just hoped it would be possible choose/switch. As I as well noticed the speed values and then altimeter values etc.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And one confusing thing is that in Germany the imperial system is used for aviation, like almost everywhere else, but gliders have metric instruments.

It's not only german. It's not only gliders.

Depends on the aircraft and its purpose. E.g. french glider use metric system too (all/some, can't tell). French SEPs may have a mix e.g. speed in kph, altitude in feet (because outside US/UK and a few others, private pilots will find it easier to assess distances). And French army helicopters like the Puma, working mainly with ground troops, will use km too (and pilots will improve their mathematical skill when flying in NATO controlled airspace).

OTOH, AdlA (FAF) aircraft have imperial/nautical units for standardization (and because Nm are more practical for navigation purposes).

Edited by Azrayen

spacer.png

It's not only german. It's not only gliders.

Depends on the aircraft and its purpose. E.g. french glider use metric system too (all/some, can't tell). French SEPs may have a mix e.g. speed in kph, altitude in feet (because outside US/UK and a few others, private pilots will find it easier to assess distances). And French army helicopters like the Puma, working mainly with ground troops, will use km too (and pilots will improve their mathematical skill when flying in NATO controlled airspace).

OTOH, AdlA (FAF) aircraft have imperial/nautical units for standardization (and because Nm are more practical for navigation purposes).

What a dog's breakfast!!

Quite surprising really that this mish-mash of measuring systems doesn't lead to more confusion, near misses and actual incidents than actually happen.

I believe that the M-2000C isn't coming to Steam on the release date then? As if the pre-purchase is available from ED and Razbam, the Steam still gets the release on couple days after actual release?

I don't see a problem with imperial or metric speeds. I got a shock when first flying the Antonov 26 in FSX, but got over it by simply concentrating on the numbers.

I know what my VFL, VFE and all other important speeds are and look for them on the ASI. Which unit it's in is then completely irrelevant.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

I don't see a problem with imperial or metric speeds. I got a shock when first flying the Antonov 26 in FSX, but got over it by simply concentrating on the numbers.

I know what my VFL, VFE and all other important speeds are and look for them on the ASI. Which unit it's in is then completely irrelevant.

Didn't meant to turn thread to Metric vs Imperial.....

It is just way easier to do calculations with metric values than imperial ones when you start calculating weight-distance-altitude-time square.

And then there are things like humans are faster and more capable to handle a small numbers than big numbers. So there is difference are you at 5400m or at about 17 700ft, or air speed of 550km/h at altitude 7km in 30 degree...

Or as in otherwise:

One milliliter of water is one cubic centimeter, weighs 1g and requires one calorie of energy to heat it by one degree centigrade and that is 1% difference between water freezing and boiling in 1 bar (pressure).

And why we still follow this imperial system in aircrafts etc? NATO compatibility.... Something did go wrong at some point when someone said that they are not going to change values but everyone else needs to do so, when the civil flying was on its starts. :)

So please back to the pre-purchase :-P

• Like 3

No - I was only talking about speeds :)

tbh I didn't get the start of the conversation, anyway - just saying that if the Mirage 2000C ASI is in km/h or knots or lengths of string per hectare, it ain't gonna bother me! :D

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Anyway, there should be not "units" debate regarding the Mirage 2000C.

If you want to fly it "as it's real" then you'll get the following units:

- Speed in Kts

- Distances in Nm

- Altitude in ft

- Fuel in Kg (flow in Kg/min) (yes, I know Wiki has a picture with liters; it was a prototype, not an operational FAF aircraft)

- Temperatures in °C

... and the cockpit mostly in French (often abbreviated), except for some panels "off the shelf" such as the IFF panel in front of the stick.

spacer.png

Sorry if that question has been asked already, but, does this Mirage version have some kind of data link to see other planes /teammates/flights and their position on the HSD/radar? Thanks!

It's a version of the 80' sadly, so from what i understood no data link.