DCS: L-39 Skinning Thread

Chizh

Talking of skinning and trainers - one thing that put me off the Hawk in the first mission I flew, just after its release, was that it was full of fictional US liveries.

Why?

Did we get any other module that had its first official missions with fictional liveries? This is crazy! There are so many nice Hawk T.1A liveries from over the years - many different RAF ones alone (and it's a British aircraft -so even more puzzling) and yet this strange approach.

Having said that, if I do find the time to paint some DCS aircraft, I would look at doing an RAF 2sqn skin for the L-39 - just for fun (which is different from the devs releasing so many fictional skins from the start).

F364_L39Z_RAF_zpspbhkubmf.jpg

I think it suits it very well :)

PS - I like that Ukrainian 'digital' paint.

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking of skinning and trainers - one thing that put me off the Hawk in the first mission I flew, just after its release, was that it was full of fictional US liveries.

Why?

Did we get any other module that had its first official missions with fictional liveries? This is crazy! There are so many nice Hawk T.1A liveries from over the years - many different RAF ones alone (and it's a British aircraft -so even more puzzling) and yet this strange approach.

Having said that, if I do find the time to paint some DCS aircraft, I would look at doing an RAF 2sqn skin for the L-39 - just for fun (which is different from the devs releasing so many fictional skins from the start).

F364_L39Z_RAF_zpspbhkubmf.jpg

I think it suits it very well :)

Agreed. I mean I realize some people are more into the fictional stuff, but for us purists it makes little sense. Hadn't seen this livery before that you posted though, wow! That'd be a good one to have!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello guys,

I looking for this "font" or "police" for this word: Белая Русь

Please can you tell me where I can find this font ?

Here a photo of this font:

Belaya_Rus_10.jpg

Or

Belaya_Rus_Aero_L-39_Albatros_Pichugin-1.jpg

In advance a great thanks, Skull.

Hello guys,

I would paint the wheels of the L-39C, I've find the correct texture file here: C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\CoreMods\aircraft\L-39\Textures\L-39_C.zip

The file is: L39C_DIFF_2.dds but please can you tell me how to define in description.lua L39C_DIFF_2.dds ?

In advance A great thanks, Skull.

Hi. Should be material L-39C_2. You can see that by inspecting EDM file through notepad++ or by using this tool (I haven't used it but it looks nice)

And I wanted you to warn about THIS bug that will occur when you try to add textures that were not in description before, but I just tested it and everything seemed fine. Maybe ED finally fixed it? I don't know, I'll test some more later...

Edit: It still works after several tries, so I guess they really fixed it and it's safe.

Edited by GeorgeLKMT

Super George once again you're the best !!!

It's really an awesome tool, Incredible job Uboats.

George I used "EDM Livery Extractor GUI.exe" and it's work very fine, now I know the good description.lua, it's {"L-39C_2", 0, "l39c_diff_2", false};

Please with "EDM Livery Extractor GUI.exe" I cannot find the description.lua of this texture: L39_CHROM_SPEC.dds

Do you have one idea ?

Once again a great thanks for all, Skull.

As soon as I get a chance I'll probably do some UK camo stuff for the ZA to go with my other ones for the C model.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Thought I would try my hand at a fictional racing skin for the L-39. Think I am getting close on the main scheme, details and decals yet to be added.

Let me know what you think, thanks

Screen_160322_064839_zpshwnbo4nx.jpg~original

Screen_160322_064846_zpsmmjnhsme.jpg~original

Screen_160322_064851_zpsuxsu9nuo.jpg~original

Screen_160322_064915_zpssn3pd1kw.jpg~original

Gorgeous so far! Can't wait to see the end result! :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes maybe it's an trainer but for me the best trainer for DCS, I hope that Tucano will also perfect than the L-39.

Since I have the L-39C and ZA I spend all my time with him and it's a real pleasure.

The Hawk and C-101 are realy poor very far behind the L-39...

Bye, Skull.

In my opinion the L39-ZA is a really nice aircraft for light attack missions. Also the Tucano will be pretty interesting and would fit in this light attack mission setting. A campaign against some sort of little mafia gangs which hind in the mountains would be very cool.

I have also the C-101 and the Hawk. They are both nice aircrafts but as a full price module i would prefer the C-101 because it fits better in the game.

• 2 weeks later...
. And they're actually effective as trainers, which is fun in it's own way as the other two trainers aren't even useful as trainers (yet, at least).

:pilotfly:

first attempt for a trainer is ... to allow to train. Nav training, ATC, ILS and so on.

as far as I experiment all of them, none of the trainers can do this at this time, on NTTR because of lack of radio systems on the map ( RSBN...) or beta status of the plane WIP ( hawk and C101 )

but L39 is a nice piece of work "DCS level", and a good trainer on Caucas map, and for sure a pleasure to fly with her.

very nice skin here in this thread. congrat to every L39 skinners.

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

attachment.php?attachmentid=137994&d=1459902114

Incredible George,

Once again you show us your great talent, congratulation !!!

Awesome job +1