• MIG-15bis
    • Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight
    • SU-27
    • UH-1H Huey
    • MIG-21bis
    • Fw 190 D-9 Dora
    • Hawk T.1A
    • other (post note)

Old/Newbie here with a kinda dunb/lazy question.

New install with both DCS 1.5 and 2.0 installed.

As I am trying to relearn this sim and have done the install this...uninstall that dance for more hours than I care to admit.....What is the "for dummies" way to install this voice settup?

Is it working well enough with 1.5? I would assume 2.0 maybe not so much?

I thank you all for your effort!

Unpilot

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Viacom Voice attack probs

Briefly, Downloaded and Installed as Administrator everything that Hollywood / Davison have written down or put in a video clip.

I did have the AM, UHF, FM radios showing in the VA window when pressed using the HOTAS MIC switch, ie 4,5 and 6 respectively. for a short time, then it dissapeared.

TM throttle is number one using the AutoHotkey Joystick finder, therefore 1JOY2, 1JOY3, etc etc.

DCS options settings as per Davison's screenshot, 4,5 and 6 deleted from the settings page in joystick setup.

No F - Menu showing whilst in Sim but at the same time no comms with wingman / Tower etc.

Installed / Uninstalled everything bar DCS WORLD, at least 5 times, doing me head in now

Hellllllllllp please.

I haven't played in a bit and recently came back, as per usual when there's an update to DCS it breaks the static ATC mod.

So as per usual I put the static ATC mod files back, and it seems to be breaking the game for me now trying to use static ATC.

Without it I can use the coms menu as you would expect it to work. But, once I put the static ATC mod in place, the PTT in game keys cease to function for me. I can no longer use either of the defaults \ or RALT-\ on the keyboard, they do nothing and the menus do not come up. I hear the click of the PTT key in the KA-50 but no coms menu comes up.

Repairing DCS they work again. So the question is, is the 1.1 static ATC mod no longer working with the current version of 1.5?

Edited: Disregard, It seems I found the answer on PG 50.

Edited by FeistyLemur

Briefly, Downloaded and Installed as Administrator everything that Hollywood / Davison have written down or put in a video clip.

I did have the AM, UHF, FM radios showing in the VA window when pressed using the HOTAS MIC switch, ie 4,5 and 6 respectively. for a short time, then it dissapeared.

TM throttle is number one using the AutoHotkey Joystick finder, therefore 1JOY2, 1JOY3, etc etc.

DCS options settings as per Davison's screenshot, 4,5 and 6 deleted from the settings page in joystick setup.

No F - Menu showing whilst in Sim but at the same time no comms with wingman / Tower etc.

Installed / Uninstalled everything bar DCS WORLD, at least 5 times, doing me head in now

Hellllllllllp please.

As AutoHotKey is no longer needed, i'd check out the very last link in the OP before bashing your head against the wall any more. :)

Thanks Greyman, I'm still getting invalid radio on the voice attack window, but it is recognizing my commands, in the voice attack folder is there supposed to be something in the sounds folder as I keep getting 18:34:04 - Error accessing sound file - C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/VoiceAttack/Apps/VAICOM/Sounds/UI/Blip%201.wav

18:32:51 - Shortcut : 'Transmit AUTO released' any ideas how I get this ?

18:32:57 - Shortcut : 'Transmit VHF2 released'

18:32:56 - Shortcut : 'Transmit UHF pressed'

last link in the OP ??

Thanks

Check out the Opening Post in the discussion and you will see that Hollywood_315 has linked a few files that might be of use. The last of those links is to a text file that explains that you no longer need to use AutoHotKey and how to convert to using the PTT that is built into the latest version of VA.

You might also get some joy, on that first error, by running VoiceAttack as Administrator

It's worth a try at least

Thanks Greyman, I'm still getting invalid radio on the voice attack window, but it is recognizing my commands, in the voice attack folder is there supposed to be something in the sounds folder as I keep getting 18:34:04 - Error accessing sound file - C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/VoiceAttack/Apps/VAICOM/Sounds/UI/Blip%201.wav

18:32:51 - Shortcut : 'Transmit AUTO released' any ideas how I get this ?

18:32:57 - Shortcut : 'Transmit VHF2 released'

18:32:56 - Shortcut : 'Transmit UHF pressed'

last link in the OP ??

Thanks

Ok, so I had this problem as well, the whole not being able to access sound files.

Make sure your install directory is correct. That's what fixed it for me. The correct install directory is listed near the beginning of the Vaicom user manual.:thumbup:

Hope this fixes it because I definitely feel your pain. I was ready to murder someone by the time I figured it out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

29 October 2009

CGNR-1705 / USMC Cobra

Semper Memoria, Semper Vigilens

Oh, and looking at the VAICOM command for request startup, if i am reading it right, the "invalid radio" message appears to be down to you pressing the wrong PTT button, ie not VHF1.

Whichever command you are trying to give, the command you speak apparently needs to be over the correct radio, otherwise you get the "Invalid Radio" message. It could be simply down to you pressing the wrong button or, perhaps more likely, it could be linked to an AutoHotKey/PTT issue, that the linked file might help you to resolve.

I am sure that Hollywood_315 will be able to help if i haven't

Good luck

By any chance has anyone got round to doing a spitfire profile they're willing to share? Cheers

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Hey fellow pilots,

I have installed VA and VAICOM for the very first time. I did everything according to the manual, having also the ATC Mod installed and running VA as an administrator.

To get VA running on my German system, I needed to install the English (US) speech pack and to switch my PC to engl./US.

Now VA understands my commands and runs well in DCS A10C.

But as soon as I speak the command "START MISSION", the Num0, 1, 2 and 3 keys have no effect anymore. I cant use VA after this initial command. So I have to start the missions without this initial command.

This is the VA log:

1:31:12 AM - Listening suspended

1:31:12 AM - Ready for commands.

1:31:10 AM - Easy Communications is True

1:31:10 AM - DCS data fetched.

1:31:10 AM - 'D:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\VAICOM_fetch_data.cmd' completed

1:31:10 AM - Launched 'D:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\VAICOM_fetch_data.cmd' (hidden) (waiting for exit)

1:31:10 AM - Fetching settings data....

1:31:10 AM - Initializing....

1:31:10 AM - ---- VAICOM 2.0 for DCS World ----

1:31:10 AM - Recognized : 'start mission'

Has anyone an idea, how to solve it? I already downgraded to 1.5.12, but it did not help...

If someone also knows, how to use VA without changing the complete system to engl./US, it would be also very helpful.

Cheers, MadMonty

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

Almost there, I can now see my radios in the VA box, I think my wingman is ignoring me, or he can't understand my accent,could be my veiled speech he doesn't like :)

Thanks all

Just check your Voice Attack log and see if it is recognising what you are saying.

If it isn't you can add/edit words in the Windows voice recognition system and say them as you normally would. I did that with all of the airfield names, so that whether i pronounced them correctly or not, Windows still returned the correct word.

Maybe check in the Menu_Set_Defaults command in Voice Attack and check that the Dir_DCS_World directory is set to point to where you have DCS World Installed.

Thanks for the tip - it did not solve the problem, but the setting was wrong...

(at) Hollywood:

Thanks for your PM. I think I have problems to reply on your PM, why so ever... Here is my reply:

Hi Hollywood,

thank you very much for your quick response, much appreciated...

I already had 1.5.12 installed, but I didn't uninstall the previous version proper. Now "Start Missions" runs perfect and Num0 etc. are working fine... BIG THANKS!

One problem left is, that the VAC ATC Menu Mod is not working properly. After installing via JSGME, the DCS key for radio command (which should open the comm menu) does not work anymore... Therefore no messages will be transmitted via VA.

It runs fine without VAC ATC, but I think I will run into problems to radio to the airfields, or? Any idea?

One last question: Do you have any idea, if I can use VA without changing my German WIN10-system to English?

Cheers,

MadMonty

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

Hey Monty

Sure no worries. It should be doable earlier in the thread there were some German guys talking about their language setup check post #65 onwards

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2548040&highlight=german#post2548040

Regarding the Static ATC mod sthompson made a fix for DCS 1.5 here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2986946&postcount=499

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Ok so I THINK I have followed all instructions but in the sim I am getting no reponse from atc or wingman.

I hear a single beep and a small static then a single beep when I let go of my mic switch.

In the VA log it shows no errors but I can't get the comms to work.

I am using the warthog HOTAS and if I bind the mic switch to the default setting I get the com's window to appear for a second (the Fkeys)

But if I read the instructions correctly I am nt supposed to have those keys bound to anything as VA and VIACOM 2.0 are supposed to take care of that.

It has to be a simple brain fart on my part but I do not know were to look.

Quick update I got it to recognize my voice...pretty funny looking log...That is not what i was saying VA!!

Now I have the invalid radio problem.

I have easy communications on and tried all three radio's...no response from wingman at all

In the log it shows me saying "to engage ground targets"

Here is a log from VA of my last attempt:

8:36:43 PM - Listening suspended

8:36:42 PM - Incomplete command

8:36:42 PM - Invalid Radio

8:36:42 PM - Invalid Radio

8:36:42 PM - Recognized : 'engage ground targets' (Confidence 91)

8:36:42 PM - Recognized : 'engage ground targets' (Confidence 91)

8:36:42 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit UHF released'

8:36:40 PM - Progress status 1/5 (recipient recognized)

8:36:40 PM - Recognized : 'two' (Confidence 96)

8:36:39 PM - Unrecognized : 'when'

8:36:36 PM - Listening resumed

8:36:35 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit UHF pressed'

8:36:10 PM - Listening suspended

8:36:09 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit UHF released'

8:36:06 PM - Unrecognized : 'mission'

8:36:05 PM - Invalid Radio

8:36:05 PM - Recognized : 'start' (Confidence 96)

8:36:00 PM - Listening resumed

8:36:00 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit UHF pressed'

Ok sorry for all the post's...got it sorted.

I felt like I was holding the PTT long enough but I guess not.

Tried a quick mission and held the PTT for like what felt forever..(2 seconds) ..then wingman menu came up and he did as instructed.

Very nice...Thanks Hollywood!!

The start Mission does not seem to want to work however.

It takes me to a different screen and if I try again it takes me back to original screen...could be voice recognition needs more work.

Glad you got it sorted Unpilot,

I'm losing the will to live trying to get this to work, :(

Can someone have a look at these and tell me if they loook like they should look, still can't get static and the beeps when transmitting, and of course absolutley diddly shit whilst in game.

cheers ta thanks

Viacom.thumb.jpg.46f9ee4997439da039deeef7b62af7b1.jpg

Profile.thumb.jpg.f9c5ca7d6a67e0a833b7d91f5a6e7b1e.jpg

I give up, the only thing I can seem to get working is the correct radio setup,

No static, no beeps, no comms. I get in the pit, try and talk to the tower to request startup and find myself out of the aircraft on the tarmac staring at my a10c, very strange.

Hey Monty

Sure no worries. It should be doable earlier in the thread there were some German guys talking about their language setup check post #65 onwards

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2548040&highlight=german#post2548040

Regarding the Static ATC mod sthompson made a fix for DCS 1.5 here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2986946&postcount=499

Hey Hollywood,

thank you so much for your help - you solved my problems!

Whenever you are in Munich (Germany), let me know, I owe you a beer...

Cheers, MadMonty