• MIG-15bis
    • Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight
    • SU-27
    • UH-1H Huey
    • MIG-21bis
    • Fw 190 D-9 Dora
    • Hawk T.1A
    • other (post note)

I do apologise. I was stupid - fore some reason the Easy Comms was somehow unticked!! lol

Oh and the software doesn't work when running as administrator!!!

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what I doing wrong, I cannot seem to get the vaicom f15c or A10c profiles to work however if I create my own profile it works fine? Can anyone help me as to what I have done wrong, I don't really wan to go and create a whole profile myself as I'm not very good at programming therefore would rather use the profiles provided.

Many thanks

RAF Air UK Website

http://www.rafairuk-dcs.co.uk/

Mike Alpha Tango's YouTube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9oKDSVDDDErRVjRFqgu3bA

Intel i7-6700k

RTX 2080TI

Gigabyte Z170-gaming K3

32gb DDR4 RAM

Hotas Warthog

CV1

what isn't it doing that it should or what is it doing that it shouldn't ?

If you provide some information about how the fault appears, i am sure that Hollywood_315, VAICOM's creator, will be able to point you in the direction of a solution.

In the meantime though, it is probably worth checking out the links to fixes, at the bottom of the first post of this thread, including one for non-US keyboard layouts. This issue would probably result in Voice Attack recognising what you are saying, but then not sending recognisable commands to DCS World, which may or may not be what you are experiencing.

Losing Comms Menu - Whartsell

I'm losing the Radio/"F" Menu when I select either Huey or Hip

It's some incompatibility with Whartsell's VAC Static ATC Menu Mod

Tested by removing Whartsell's

If I use any other aircraft I don't lose the menu but once I select Huey or Hip the menu is gone until I restart DCS completely.

Weird huh?

I hadn't noticed before as I'd been concentrating on the A-10C.

Went to try some Huey practise and Hey Presto! no menu.

Edited by Kozmyk

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

Hey Kozmyk

That's funny I'll see if I can reproduce.

Actually with ATC static mod I have 2.0.4.59428 now crashhing on mission load.

If I disable the mod all good.

Let me know if you can replicate, investigations continue.

Cheers

I was on 1.5.5

Haven't tried 2.0a latest yet.

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

Hi,

i just found this nice Va Plugin today and it's exactly what i was searching for! :-) Really nice work Hollywood!!!

I read all the manuals and also watched the setup video and somehow it is kind of workign now but im not sure if all the commands will execute right.

I recognized that my Menu_Execute Command seems to be very limited as it only contains

Press F12 key and hold it for 0,05 seconds and release

Press F12 key and hold it for 0,05 seconds and release

Press ^° key and hold it for 0,05 seconds and release (changed this to "#")

Press F11 key and hold it for 0,05 seconds and release

Press F11 key and hold it for 0,05 seconds and release

In some posts it has more content ragarding the easy radio and so on.

Is it enough to change only this keybinding or do i have to add something to this command?

Cheers

Brainstormer

I'd like to add commands to change the view, External, Weapon, etc and back to Cockpit for the A10C. I've taken a look at the profile but I'm not exactly sure where to add the new commands. Any suggestions? Thanks

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Hey Jack

You can add as many commands as you like to VAICOM profiles.

Just go to the profile edit page (pencil icon) and create the new commands there (probably best to put them in a new category for tidiness).

You will then be able to use them with any PTT key.

Any help needed send me a PM.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Confirmed, there was already an issue with the 2.0 version and now also 1.5.5 no longer works with the Static ATC mod.

It seems that ED is doing some work under the hood currently to the comms menus.

Not clear yet what the impact is or how long this will take before it stabilizes.

If anyone picks up relevant info on this feel free to share it here.

In the meantime you are advised to disable the Static ATC mod.

On 1.5.5 an 2.0 you can still use VAICOM for all other communications but ATC will not work properly.

Thanks

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Well, poop. Thankfully ATC is a small part of the voice comms....for me the JTAC stuff is what really helps a lot with immersion.

But, it seems the guy who created the static ATC is definitely no longer around, and teasingly had said he had the fixes for what 1.5 and 2.0 broke.

I'm a hobbyist when it comes to programming, but I've never dealt with luascript before, and taking a quick look at the two files used for the mod and comparing them side by side with the original .lua's, there's quite a bit done there. So it doesn't seem a simple matter.

I plan to look into this when I have time.

I won't speak for wartsell here but I do know he's very busy so he may not have time to work on it short term.

@Bahnzo Agree may not be all that easy but let's see what can be done.

It would help if we would have the Merge soon so a single version to focus on :music_whistling:

I may send you a PM later to check a few things.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Hey all & Hollywood_315,

Seems that Vaicom doesn't want to work at all for me. It isn't just ATC. I tried updating Vaicom but it that didn't seem to help. The program seems to work at first but after a few minutes it stops sending the commands to the game. I tried with easy communications on and off, with radio assist on and off, and tried messing with the options on VoiceAttack but none of this worked. Any ideas? Could this have a problem with Simple Radio Standalone?

I should say that it worked for me a few months ago but when I tryed to use it recenty I have all the worlds probems.

sBryansGames

***Edited***

Edited by sBryansGames

*Social Media*

twitch/sBryansGames

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If VoiceAttack is set to send commands to the active window, just make sure that the DCS World window is still active. Sometimes another windows program will pop up and steal the focus and with the headset on, you won't always notice.

Worth checking, next time it happens.

Greyman,

I do tend to have lots of windows open but when DCS is not active the controls don't work. So I wouldn't be able to fly let alone send voice commands to it. This is not the problem as far as I can see. I'll try running DCS and VoiceAttack with Vaicom 2.0 alone with no other windows open a little later and see if that works.

sBryansGames

*Social Media*

twitch/sBryansGames

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Static ATC Mod

Confirmed, there was already an issue with the 2.0 version and now also 1.5.5 no longer works with the Static ATC mod.

It seems that ED is doing some work under the hood currently to the comms menus.

Not clear yet what the impact is or how long this will take before it stabilizes.

If anyone picks up relevant info on this feel free to share it here.

In the meantime you are advised to disable the Static ATC mod.

On 1.5.5 an 2.0 you can still use VAICOM for all other communications but ATC will not work properly.

Thanks

I've been trying to get this working in 1.5.5 and think I've succeeded. If you want to try it out for yourself, download the attached file, and use it to replace the file of the same name in the original Static ATC mod.

I created this by comparing the file line by line to the one installed with 1.5.5. Most of the differences appeared to be due to the "under the hood" changes in comms that ED has been working on, but it seemed fairly easy to identify the static ATC mods and copy them into the 1.5.5 version of the file. The other files in the mod do not appear to have been updated by ED recently, and so I left them alone.

For me this allows the ATC static menus to appear, and they appear to work as expected.

Now if I can just get VAICOM 2.0 working. Or more precisely, get Windows to not mangle everything I say before passing it to VoiceAttack.

EDIT: Files attached here are for 1.5.5. For a version that works with 1.5.6 and 2.0.5 see https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3090920#post3090920.

RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua

Edited by sthompson
updated version

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Hi

Think I am being stupid. Trying to use the M2000C profile but it only appears to have one radio and not two.

I've been playing around trying to add the second radio but can't seem to get it working (Must admit it is more guess work then actually knowing what I am doing)

Any advice ?

Thanks

Hi

Think I am being stupid. Trying to use the M2000C profile but it only appears to have one radio and not two.

I've been playing around trying to add the second radio but can't seem to get it working (Must admit it is more guess work then actually knowing what I am doing)

Any advice ?

Thanks

I had the same problem. It´s our fault :) The mirage module has only one PushToTalk button. Not like the A-10C. You have to choose between UHF and VHF (look your keyboard-bindings), then PushToTalk button for speaking.- easycomm OFF, if you want to choose the frequency by yourself. That´s all :)