Tri monitors or 48" Curved TV

Hi guys, I'm currently wondering whether I should change my current tri screen setup for a 48" Curved TV. I was wondering what experiences anyone who has done this has had. Which option is better?

Now I know that the resolution will reduce, as currently I'm running at 5670 x 1080, and do to the fact the TV is 1080P only, it runs at 1920 x 1080. Would I see a huge difference with this resolution on the TV, I know then HD picture is stunning, but of course I would be rather closer to it than it's designed to be used.

Resolution isn't an issue, my current GPU runs 5670 x 1080 at 90fps anyway.

So which way should you guys go, or his it better to hold off a bit longer until 4K TVs get a little cheaper.

The TV I'm considering is below

http://www.johnlewis.com/samsung-ue48j6300-curved-led-full-hd-1080p-smart-tv-48-with-freeview-hd-and-built-in-wi-fi/p1943221

Current setup

image_2.jpg

image_3.jpg

Cowboy10uk

Edited by Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I would really go for a 4k display at >40"

I think large screens at only 1080p would appear pixellated close up.

If you can stretch to this im sure you'd be much happier:)

http://www.johnlewis.com/samsung-ue48ju6500-curved-4k-ultra-hd-smart-tv-48-with-freeview-hd-built-in-wi-fi-and-intelligent-navigation/p1943547

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Well, I have a three monitor setup (however only 3 1280*1024 monitors) and would have a really hard time going back to a less wide format.

Depending on how you set it up there could be a decreased field of view... perhaps not with a UHD/4k monitor if you sit closer to it...

Going to a three curved screen setup would really be something awesome though :)

Perspective.jpg.8e349e31cc20291b730af1b713f7d24b.jpg

I would say: what you have is better, great video realestate and perfect for atleast another year!

As you I am waiting till the better 4K tv's are cheaper (and a next generation gfxcard will help to make it a success). Please don't let you lure into low priced great stories about the 4K tv's of today.

For PC monitor use, you want: fast response time, low input lag, 60Hz and 4:4:4 chroma subsampling. Maybe something in the direction of a Samsung JU7500 but then for a more interesting price then asked today.

:angel:

I just saw a 4k 55" TV in the BX for under $400. Only if I had seen this a month ago! But I'm happy with my 48" Sony smart TV.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Like some of the others, I'm pretty sure you will miss the wide horizontal FOV you have now, with your current setup!

I'm contemplating buying the Rift when the consumer version comes out, but I'm pretty worried about feeling confined in its relatively narrow FOV.. Triple screen gaming really spoils you I guess.

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

One monitor/tv is always better than a 3 monitors setup. To get rid of the bezels. :crash:

A 3 monitors (landscape) setup give you too much field of view on the side, and not enough at the vertical.

A 3 monitors setup in portrait mode give you almost the same ratio than one monitor.

3 27" in portrait mode give you 47" in diagonal.

Edited by Demon_

Attache ta tuque avec d'la broche.

When I went from a 22 inch 1080p monitor to a 27 inch 1080p I really noticed the difference in image quality; I don't think I'd go any bigger than 27 inches, unless it was a 4k. I say, stick with three screens!

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

One big ass 60" curved TV 4k would be just enough

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

I really liked the improvement of adding a monitor Below my 40'

so I can way more easily keep an eye on the instruments

Specifically the autopilots in BS2, but also weapons/radar/RWR etc in airplanes.

Weirdly enough defining 2 viewports in DCS turned out much better even than one 1920x2160,

with better overview when 2 viewports have their own seperate FOV in DCS cockpits (trial and error discovery)

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

I really liked the improvement of adding a monitor Below my 40'

so I can way more easily keep an eye on the instruments

Specifically the autopilots in BS2, but also weapons/radar/RWR etc in airplanes.

Weirdly enough defining 2 viewports in DCS turned out much better even than one 1920x2160,

with better overview when 2 viewports have their own seperate FOV in DCS cockpits (trial and error discovery)

Are you using Helios on that second screen (I see that it's a touchscreen too, ideal)? Even better than 2 viewports; once you use it you'll never go back!

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

I'm not sure if it even happens that often these days, but if you lose a screen to failure 3+ years into your play time, then it might be hard to buy a screen that matches the other two in size but also contrast/colour which could be annoying.

With one big screen that would never happen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

Are you using Helios on that second screen (I see that it's a touchscreen too, ideal)? Even better than 2 viewports; once you use it you'll never go back!

Did use Helios when side by side as a intrument panel,

but at the moment I actually use as a viewport that is looking down into the cockpit. I found I can touch f.i. BS2 autopilot(s) at their 'real' position in the cockpit, which is nicer.

The touchscreen is 20' only with my main screen 40', but that also has its advantage, for its positioned at an angle in frunt of me and in such a way that the perspective at half the disctance (main 2 feet, and the 20' halfway) to the main screen makes for a seamless transition of the view (I got used to this very quickly), and be able to reach just at armslenght f.i. all the panel buttons of the A10, where the 40' main screen distance of 2 feet would be too far to be abe to touch comfortably.

It's sounds like an odd setup, but it really works I found out rather by accident.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |