UltraMFCD for DCS 1.5/2.0

Sgt_Baker

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UltraMFCD 2.5.5 for DCS 1.5.5 and DCS 2.0.4 NTTR is available

Click, Drag, Resize and Enhance DCS exports. Zero configuration - just launch and fly.

Download link: https://ultramfcd.com/

2.5.5 Changelog:

* Reintroduced: A-10C's RWR, Clock and CMSC.

* Reintroduced: KA-50's Shkval and ABRIS.

* FIXED: Now works with DCS 1.5.5 and DCS 2.0.4 NTTR.

* FIXED: Windows 7 "black screens" problem solved.

* FIXED: UltraMFCD now works with low/medium water settings, HDR enabled and Lens Effects enabled.

* FIXED: KA-50 warning panel no longer renders within Shkval and ABRIS exports.

* Improved: Simplified core engine. Places much less strain on DCS.

* Improved: Smoother rendering of exported displays.

* Improved: Overall stability better. Complicated behind-the-scenes changes to how DCS and uMFCD communicate should result in fewer crashes.

* Improved: Vastly better error handling. Much higher probability of uMFCD producing a Diagnostics Package that is useful for solving problems.

Known issues:

* Not compatible with DCS 1.5.4 or below.

* Exit mission dialog invisible after eject/crash. Entering F10 map view will enable the quit dialog.

* Air/ground unit labels (Shift-F10) do not display properly.

* TGP image doesn't update when in external views (F2 etc). This is because DCS itself no longer updates the TGP when you're "outside" the cockpit.

* DCS kneeboard renders incorrectly.

Happy flying!

--Baker

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

i got CTD on DCS start

MB: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E \ CPU: i9-9900K NZXT Kraken X52\ DDR4: 3000MHz G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 32Gb RAM \

VID: MSI Nvidia RTX4070 12GB \ MON: Samsung ue49ks8000 49'', Lilliput 8'' x2

CNTRL: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog \ Saitek Combat Rudder pedals \ TrackIR 5 \ Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack

When I start DCS after Starting Ultra MFCD I get the following Error. I have DCS 1.5 Updated to the latest version, Up dated my Nvidia Graphics DRivers as well. I'm Running Windows 7. IT also causes DCS to Stop working when I try to gointo the 3d world.

Systemnull.thumb.png.fefd82f54447ba5806abd46260fd47a5.png

Your Search-Fu is far better than mine!

I think this is dcs does it work without UMFCD, if not do a repair, I use Skatezilla's update utility it is great.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

When I start DCS after Starting Ultra MFCD I get the following Error. I have DCS 1.5 Updated to the latest version, Up dated my Nvidia Graphics DRivers as well. I'm Running Windows 7. IT also causes DCS to Stop working when I try to gointo the 3d world.

Hi Strike,

Please submit a Diagnostics Package as per the instructions here. Saves a whole load of back-and-forth.

:)

--Baker

Just a quick heads up. UltraMFCD 2.5.7 Beta is available here.

Now everything works properly in multiplayer.

--Baker

Change log:

* FIXED: UltraMFCD now passes multiplayer integrity checks. (Except for colour LITENING functionality. This is a legitimate unfair advantage in multiplayer, so allowing this change should be at the discretion of server admins. Switch this option off is you fail to pass the integrity check.)

* FIXED: Mission start dialogs no longer invisible during cold start and certain multiplayer scenarios.

* FIXED: Display buttons now work in multiplayer.

* FIXED: Ka-50 Shkval now respects request for no cockpit rendering in DCS 2.x NTTR.

* Improved: Better FPS when graphics card close to 100% load.

Known issues:

* Not compatible with DCS 1.5.4 or below.

* Exit mission dialog invisible after eject/crash. Entering F10 map view will enable the quit dialog.

* Air/ground unit labels (Shift-F10) do not display properly.

* TGP image doesn't update when in external views (F2 etc). This is because DCS itself no longer updates the TGP when you're "outside" the cockpit.

* DCS kneeboard renders incorrectly.

Sgt_Baker, question for you. Does UltraMFCD work with VR?

With Rift, I still like to use TM's physical MFDs. The problem is that MFDs work just fine, but exporting the MFCDs to the MFD doesn't work due to driver issues. I'm using USB monitors.

I was wondering if anyone used it with USB (Lilliput) monitors and Rift.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Sgt_Baker, question for you. Does UltraMFCD work with VR?

With Rift, I still like to use TM's physical MFDs. The problem is that MFDs work just fine, but exporting the MFCDs to the MFD doesn't work due to driver issues. I'm using USB monitors.

I was wondering if anyone used it with USB (Lilliput) monitors and Rift.

This is something for which I currently have no hard data. That said, I'm inclined to guess that it wouldn't work out of the box. That and there's no easy way to develop in that direction without purchasing an OR - which is precisely why uMFCD needs to go commercial in the near future.

So do you mean you flip up the "visor" when using the MFCDs?

-- Baker

Edit: I'm slowly getting around to creating a "pure DirectX" implementation of the GUI, which would certainly allow uMFCD to work within fullscreen scenarios, and by extension that would likely open the possibility of it working in VR setups too. It's surprisingly easy to make things stereoscopic once you're at that point. Now the real question is whether people would want the VR exports to be fixed in place in the VR world, or to act like they were mounted inside the helmet, like modern HMDs allow...

Edited by Sgt_Baker

Thank you. You can look out the nose of the bridge and it's pretty easy to hit the physical switches on the MFDs. In fact, if you line it up right, it's very natural as the VR and the physical world lines up.

I don't need the stereo view since I'm looking out the nose of the bridge. I just want to project the MFCDs to TM MFDs. The normal method doesn't work because Rift and DisplayLink drivers don't play nice.

I'll play around and see what happens.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Thank you. You can look out the nose of the bridge and it's pretty easy to hit the physical switches on the MFDs. In fact, if you line it up right, it's very natural as the VR and the physical world lines up.

I don't need the stereo view since I'm looking out the nose of the bridge. I just want to project the MFCDs to TM MFDs. The normal method doesn't work because Rift and DisplayLink drivers don't play nice.

I'll play around and see what happens.

In that case it is theoretically much easier than it would be for a full-VR implementation. You might run in to issues where uMFCD complains and refuses to run under fullscreen, which is the result of its historical design. On the other hand, if you don't need to click or move the displays, the fullscreen issue is moot, so perhaps I'll consider that as more of a priority than it has been hitherto.

So the question is this: Do the Lilliputs work /at all/ when OR is operating? I.e. do they display the Windows desktop?

In that case it is theoretically much easier than it would be for a full-VR implementation. You might run in to issues where uMFCD complains and refuses to run under fullscreen, which is the result of its historical design. On the other hand, if you don't need to click or move the displays, the fullscreen issue is moot, so perhaps I'll consider that as more of a priority than it has been hitherto.

So the question is this: Do the Lilliputs work /at all/ when OR is operating? I.e. do they display the Windows desktop?

They do not today. DisplayLink Driver and Rift doesn't work. But I'll play around this weekend and report back.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

They do not today. DisplayLink Driver and Rift doesn't work. But I'll play around this weekend and report back.

This is shitty design on the part of OR. All display drivers should respect other drivers. The concept of "exclusive mode" no longer exists in graphics on Windows. Sure, an app can take "exclusive" control of one screen, yet Windows keeps rendering everything else - thus the "exclusive mode" device really isn't. And hasn't been "exclusive" since Win7 (or perhaps Vista).

Does that make sense?

It does. Right now, I'm stuck with two companies saying it's "the other guys' fault" LOL.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

• 2 weeks later...

Thumbs up, works like a charm.

EDIT: works like a charm in singleplayer. In multiplayer, the exported screens are not clickable and the app window reverts from detecting DCS to searching for it the second you go from briefing screen to cockpit. (It still works it seems, except for clickable displays.

Edited by Trollef
Might have found a bug, worth updating...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i have downloaded this app but it crashes as soon as i hit instant action mission

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Thumbs up, works like a charm.

EDIT: works like a charm in singleplayer. In multiplayer, the exported screens are not clickable and the app window reverts from detecting DCS to searching for it the second you go from briefing screen to cockpit. (It still works it seems, except for clickable displays.

i have downloaded this app but it crashes as soon as i hit instant action mission

Hi there,

Both of you might like to try the two most recent beta builds available here, the latter of which specifically addresses the multiplayer issue and instant action crash.

--Baker

heya baker... i downloaded the beta version 2.5.7 after suffering the instant action crash on 2.5.5.... however - now when i detect/launch DCS, all of the exported displays are black. i can drag and resize them but the intended "repeat" real estate is just black. when i click exit on the mission, all exports flash to show the intended images for a brief second before going to the debrief screen

any ideas?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

heya baker... i downloaded the beta version 2.5.7 after suffering the instant action crash on 2.5.5.... however - now when i detect/launch DCS, all of the exported displays are black. i can drag and resize them but the intended "repeat" real estate is just black. when i click exit on the mission, all exports flash to show the intended images for a brief second before going to the debrief screen

any ideas?

Yeah, that's a failed experiment right there. What I was trying to do was make uMFCD a little more greedy with the gfx card when it gets close to 100% load, since it's presently throttling back a little too aggressively.

Think I'm definitely going to have to revert that change, since there are many reports of precisely the behaviour you're experiencing.

--Baker

crashes DCS here loading

Problem Event Name: BEX64

Application Name: DCS.exe

Application Version: 1.5.5.59992

Application Timestamp: 5849dd5e

Fault Module Name: StackHash_bc7d

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: 000000fffcaf5be9

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 0000000000000008

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: bc7d

Additional Information 2: bc7d03abe7c76b8f8ba09f2ccbe47f6e

Additional Information 3: a920

Additional Information 4: a9200f646579eef0db9c8c5fd7ee2c2e

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |