AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

Are there any videos of the tpod use yet? I'm tempted to try it with mavericks since I have a misison set up for it already. But I too need to learn more about it's usage first. Before this I was using the dmt.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So some are getting the TPOD to work?

All I see when I take it out of STBY is the camera making a circle along the longitudinal axis of the pod. Appears to be tilting up and then just keeps on tilting all the way around on its own. It will center up if you hit "SLAVE" but I don't know to what it is slaving.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

So some are getting the TPOD to work?

All I see when I take it out of STBY is the camera making a circle along the longitudinal axis of the pod. Appears to be tilting up and then just keeps on tilting all the way around on its own. It will center up if you hit "SLAVE" but I don't know to what it is slaving.

I think you have to select area or point track mode then select tdc on the right. Make sure slave is unselected once it's on (not underlined).

You can use nosewheel steering button to center it.

I don't know how to use it with mavericks or to lase from it. I don't think lasing is available now.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Nice !!!

It was driving me bits not beeing able to use AWLS on the Caucasus on several bases

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Hello to all.

Someone of you knows if it is possible to create a place in Nevada map where to take off with the possibilty of refueling and rearming without a real FARP ? I mean...I d like to take off from a highway or anyway an enought long street with the Harrier, with the possibility to turn back in the same place, land, rearm and refuel and take off again in order to go on with the same mission. I tried in many ways but I am unable. The only possible thing is take off from a FARP with VTO. But in this way, with vertical take off, I can fly with a very small quantity of fuel and armament. Otherwise the plane doesn't take off.

So, in order to have many armanent I put the AV8B in modality "take off from the groud, on a highway and near an ammo depot (from static warehouse), a fuel depot (from static warehouse) a farp command post (from static) a farp fuel depot (from static) a farp ammo depot (from static) and a farp tend 8from static)... but when I ask to rearm none answer me. I tried also to create a link (from one side to the other and also to both sides) between the ammo warehouse and an airport (from the menu on the right ...suppliers...add..and then click to the airport) but the same....none anwer... any suggestion?...thanks Bye

Hello to all.

Someone of you knows if it is possible to create a place in Nevada map where to take off with the possibilty of refueling and rearming without a real FARP ? I mean...I d like to take off from a highway or anyway an enought long street with the Harrier, with the possibility to turn back in the same place, land, rearm and refuel and take off again in order to go on with the same mission. I tried in many ways but I am unable. The only possible thing is take off from a FARP with VTO. But in this way, with vertical take off, I can fly with a very small quantity of fuel and armament. Otherwise the plane doesn't take off.

So, in order to have many armanent I put the AV8B in modality "take off from the groud, on a highway and near an ammo depot (from static warehouse), a fuel depot (from static warehouse) a farp command post (from static) a farp fuel depot (from static) a farp ammo depot (from static) and a farp tend 8from static)... but when I ask to rearm none answer me. I tried also to create a link (from one side to the other and also to both sides) between the ammo warehouse and an airport (from the menu on the right ...suppliers...add..and then click to the airport) but the same....none anwer... any suggestion?...thanks Bye

To use these services the aircraft needs to be in contact with (touching) a FARP object.

The buildings (warehouses) alone can't do that.

There are a lot of wishlist entries for a "FARP-zone", invisible FARPs, a single FARP-landing pad, " only vicinity to certain objects/warehouse to act as FARP in these forums, unfortunately this seems to be a major programming challenge of some kind as the "four-landing-pad FARP hill" is still the only object that can do it, apart from the Viggen that has a beta kind of kneepad integrated code to check for tankers/trucks, which unfortunately is Viggen-only.

Edit - I tested the "grass-airfields", but it seems neither to provide refuel/reload capabilities nor can you contact the crew...

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

:thumbup:

To use these services the aircraft needs to be in contact with (touching) a FARP object.

The buildings (warehouses) alone can't do that.

There are a lot of wishlist entries for a "FARP-zone", invisible FARPs, a single FARP-landing pad, " only vicinity to certain objects/warehouse to act as FARP in these forums, unfortunately this seems to be a major programming challenge of some kind as the "four-landing-pad FARP hill" is still the only object that can do it, apart from the Viggen that has a beta kind of kneepad integrated code to check for tankers/trucks, which unfortunately is Viggen-only.

Edit - I tested the "grass-airfields", but it seems neither to provide refuel/reload capabilities nor can you contact the crew...

You can create a nice fully operative road FOB like this.

jqvNYAI.jpg

6FEL3vE.jpg

SILxY3D.jpg

M2iv5Tj.jpg

V91oGq5.jpg

For this you need the Roadside FARP created by Pikey Look on his signature, he has a created a Roadside Farp. basically an actual FARP Texture change

the dificult part is to find a road with the lateral terran level enough so the FARP is not floating in the air. It is not working everywhere but it is working.

The FARP is fully operational if you place the appropiate vehicles.

You can also make it more realistic by using the VPC Airfield Equipment MOD to add "atrezzo"

I have created this one for a MP mision with my Squadron "Escuadron Cruz de San Andres" and it worked real nice for AV-8B and UH-1H.

AV8 AG modes.....

In CCIP mode a line starts at the VVM....

Could it be that in AUTO mode the line must also start at the VVM?

Makes more sense to me..

Your thoughts please...

No, because in AUTO (CCRP) you need to fly the VVM onto(!) the line, as the line indicates the target position and parameters to fly to hit it.

In CCIP the line determines where the bomb will fly and hit but has no indication of the target itself.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Your thoughts please...

[ATTACH]175171[/ATTACH]

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

OK i give up, read the pocket guide and just cant understand the radio part

radio is on , freq is 127.5

how to i change it (manually and preset ) ?

*edit*

ok just noticed the radio buttons are dials AND push buttons

so i got presets, but how do i select freq manually ?

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK i give up, read the pocket guide and just cant understand the radio part

radio is on , freq is 127.5

how to i change it (manually and preset ) ?

*edit*

ok just noticed the radio buttons are dials AND push buttons

so i got presets, but how do i select freq manually ?

You can't enter freq manually, it is not modeled fully in the cockpit. You can change them in the missions editor and they are cross, so radio 1 is two and vice versa. You can change the radios in the cockpit if you rotate the comm knobs (circle in red)

[ATTACH]175187[/ATTACH]

You rotate them by placing the mouse over the comm knobs and rotating the mouse wheel. But this depends if you have simple radio, radio assist etc.

Also, ensure the UFC brightness is up.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

hi i just bought Harrier and i realized that my hud is missing vector velocity and no TDC designator on hud when i slew it any help plz?

place INS knob to NAV, does that help? Don't forget all the other switches like DMT, FLIR, etc. Pocket guide have many more details.

To whom it may concern,

yes and the knob was on NAV(behind the stick)plus the letter alpha(angle of attack)is missing i just see the amount without the letter i will check the guide thx a lot

Just curious, but may want to check the declutter switch for the HUD. Make sure it isn’t selected to either REJ1 or REJ2. I think it should be in the middle position. Also are you seeing anything else in the HUD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

yes i tried it in single mission with airborne start...same issue

i deleted module and redownloaded but still the same

but this is the first time i get an ED module without having a serial number with it

weird

Serial no. is normal. New copy protection system.

Do you know there are two hotfixes from Razbam for HUD lines and AUTO release mode?

I look up the thread.

Shagrat

Here is the hotfix thread. Maybe it is just that...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198027

Edit: check that you implement both patches. There are two different issues fixed.

Shagrat