Chronilogical Order of BS2 Campaigns ?

SnowTiger

I did as you said Snowtiger, and it took only 2 more tries to do the 'On the other side' mission.

After reading about AI datalink (and watching youtube datalink guides) and working with the AIs, the mission was quite easy. The AIs destroyed the hinds and remaining ground units were easy targets afterwards. I managed to launch a vikhr on a Hind, but it missed, as the Hind moved transversely (forgot to press the A/A target button). Actually locking and engaging a moving air target makes me proud :thumbup:

Edited by kilix

My setup: Intel i3 4170, NVidia GTX960, 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz, 128GB Kingston SSD, FaceTrackNOIR

Modules: KA-50, Mig-21, SU-27, Mi-8

If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter -- and therefore, unsafe

You can also use the HMD with the mode that makes the gun track the HMD to take down choppers with the gun. It's awesome. Either do it manually if you have a TiR or use the padlock view.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Keep in mind that there is currently (DCS 1.5.x) a major show-stopper in at least two of the campaigns, where in some night missions a FAC aircraft will drop illuminating ordnance in order to provide lighting to the battlefield so the Ka-50 can lase and engage targets. The problem is that in DCS 1.5.x, these illuminating flares do *not* lighten up the area and one cannot complete the mission because of it. Rather frustrating....

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

The problem is that in DCS 1.5.x, these illuminating flares do *not* lighten up the area and one cannot complete the mission because of it. Rather frustrating....

Thanks for the warning.

I remember a night mission in Veergev campaign, where illumination is used.

What's the other campaign?

The illumination worked for me.

In fact, that's one of the few things that has !!

I'm stuck on the very last mission.

I have had it crash to desktop "umpteen times" and shot down every other time.

I even know exactly where to look but the last time I got ALL the targets in the convoy and nothing happened.

Then with my Wingman dead (un-be-known to me until I finished off the convoy) I discover (via F10) there are 5 more vehicles in another convoy which of course I can't get anywhere near with my rockets to kill them before they obliterate me.

So I'm just fed up completely.

Due to the fog, it often takes 2 atgm's to kill one target because they lose laser lock half the time. Super frustrating when the attack information and requirements for mission success are vague.

SnowTiger:joystick:

I think it's the alarm start mission in the Deployment campaign.

also "Night hunt" in the deployment campaign

• Like 1

My setup: Intel i3 4170, NVidia GTX960, 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz, 128GB Kingston SSD, FaceTrackNOIR

If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter -- and therefore, unsafe

yeah, exactly that.

the car chase was quite a thing to remember, amazing mission design

I like the Ka-50 campaigns so far. I however always play them as missions and not as the campaigns. I like to be the judge of if a mission is successful or not. Sometimes you can fail a long mission for something arbitrary. And also if there is a frustratingly hard mission that I am not enjoyed I can just skip it! :D

I'm stuck on the very last mission.

I have had it crash to desktop "umpteen times" and shot down every other time.

I even know exactly where to look but the last time I got ALL the targets in the convoy and nothing happened.

Then with my Wingman dead (un-be-known to me until I finished off the convoy) I discover (via F10) there are 5 more vehicles in another convoy which of course I can't get anywhere near with my rockets to kill them before they obliterate me.

So I'm just fed up completely.

Due to the fog, it often takes 2 atgm's to kill one target because they lose laser lock half the time. Super frustrating when the attack information and requirements for mission success are vague.

Just finishing up correcting all of the deployment missions and the following issues apply to most missions.

The last one Coda has a few issues:

1. All farps missing radio frequencies, may affect ATC calls and rearm/reloading
  2. Vehicle waypoints set to on road aren't actually locked to the road
  3. Incorrect flags set - so stuff wouldn't trigger correctly
  4. Very vague and incorrect briefing notes as to who is doing what - You are only required to take out that first convoy, then are given orders to attack the houses at Target Point=215, the other convoy and SAM sights at the houses are to be taken out by the other Mi-28 Helo's (which by default die before they can). When the houses are damaged, the insurgent ibragim will try to escape in a Helicopter, you are given orders to take him out. Mission End on his destruction.
  5. Lot of targets and probably not enough choppers in flights to take out convoys, sams, iglas and kill houses. - Ka-50*3 and Mi-28*4 with reprogramming of the AI attack orders seems to be able to do mission correctly.

Intrim fixed dcs v1.216 of that mission is attached

Regards, Ian.

• Like 1

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.