Professional and affordable TrackIR alternative

hegykc

So, err, where you have "Maverick" printed on the clip could surely be replaced by ones own call sign easily enough, I guess? :music_whistling:

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a brand new project. I am building the prototype next week along with my panels and instruments because this uses the same manufacturing processes.

I will post updates as I go along.

The clip has a micro usb so it can be charged on it's own. The camera mount is just a "holder" for the clip, a neat way to put the clip away, it does not charge the clip. Yes you will be able to buy the clip as a standalone replacement.

I would love for the camera holder to have a charging plug as well, so that it charges the clip when you put it there.

That would really set the combination apart from other products and make it very comfortable for daily use.

But maybe that's too expensive to make?

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Both the camera and clip have micro usb ports. When you're done playing, put the clip on the camera mount, unplug camera and plug the clip to charge. That's the idea.

Ah, ok.

Thanks. :)

My idea was cable directly into the cam, and then it had a USB plug in a holder at the back.

That way you don't have to disconnect the camera every time.

Just an idea. :)

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Ah, ok.

Thanks. :)

My idea was cable directly into the cam, and then it had a USB plug in a holder at the back.

That way you don't have to disconnect the camera every time.

Just an idea. :)

Point is as well to reduce of the cost.

You don't have to unplug it from PC just on camera and plug it in clip to charge and back when you go to use it.

This is not much trouble to do.

I would by this for the wireless LED part alone. I absolutely hate the trakIR pro clip, so fragile, broken in the first week. The flimsy wire it is attached to does nothing but get tangled. Always amazed me that natural point never made a wireless pro clip.

My question is can you use the LED clip with TrackIR5 ? Are you selling the clip stand alone ? For 35 bucks I would buy the whole set just for the clip, but it would be nice just to have the option of buying them as a set or separately.

intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz + Corsair H100 in push-pull / Asus Maximus V Formula mobo / 16Gb Gskill Ripjaw Z ddr3 1600 / evga 690 GTX 4gb / 1 TB WD caviar Black 7200 rpm sata HDD + 80GB Corsair F80 SSD + 2x Corsair 60Gb Force3 SSD / TM Warthog HOTAS-G940 Peddals / Corsair 1200 AX gold PSU / Windows 7 64 bit OS / 27" Qnix 2710 @ 2560 x 1440 120hz PLS Monitor & 23" acer touch screen with Helios/

Man, I must've got a magical TrackClip Pro. Have had it for years and moved house where it was thrown in a box.

Lots of people trying out the sim, moved across multiple headset and still in perfect condition.

To be honest, to have to unplug and recharge it would be more of a hassle, it's cable tied to my headset wiring and doesn't bother me at all.

Except you could leave the cable attached if you want to.. As far as i understand...

How/where will we be able to buy your products when they become available?

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

How/where will we be able to buy your products when they become available, and able to buy from Spain and sent me?

Be sure I'll take one, put me on the waiting list please.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k 4.4GHz | MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Hero |HD: Samsung 840 Evo SSD 500 GB| GPU: GTX 760 2GB | RAM: G skill Ripjaws DDR3 2133 16GB| OS: Windows 10 PRO

Most of the components are here, however after disassembling the ps3 cameras I found out the lens holder is glued to the lens mechanism, so it'll be another couple of weeks for the extra lens holders to arrive. I hope to have the cases machined next week.

20160121_122524.jpg

I would be happy to BETA test one of those for you...

:) :) :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I remove my IR filter fiscally and now is out of focus so my dots are to big what have tendencies to easy overlapping itch other and canceling signal.

Focus give you possibility to adjust size of dots what give you more precision. It is most of the reason why people have problems with setup.

To keep focus you need complete new lens and lens holder or maybe remove IR filter layer somehow without removing glass which is already focused on original lens.

Did someone try to remove it with for example with Nail polish removal (acetone)? Maybe that way we could keep original lens and holder.

I remove my IR filter fiscally and now is out of focus so my dots are to big what have tendencies to easy overlapping itch other and canceling signal.

On the PS3 eye turn the lens barrel to the red dot, then slowly turn it to the right and it will lock in between the two dots, closer to the red dot, not in the middle. This should help with your focus issue.

On the PS3 eye turn the lens barrel to the red dot, then slowly turn it to the right and it will lock in between the two dots, closer to the red dot, not in the middle. This should help with your focus issue.

Thanks it is work now is better. Got now dots with 5px and before was 10px.

But I think with real precise focus you can do it even better. Now I will test it in real headtracking in game.

Thanks for the tip one more time Len62. :thumbup:

:pilotfly:

I think it's still too early for the VR headsets to mature and not everyone can afford those pricey headsets so there's plenty of scope for these head tracking devices... At least till the time the prices of the VR headsets reduce significantly which I reckon will not happen anytime soon... Also not to forget the hardware upgrade costs for supporting these VR headsets...

BTW hegykc, how long before we see these trackers on sale?

Nash

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie: