Removed

CptSmiley

when to expect INS full implementation? I really won't fly M2000 without having that PCN fixed for good :/

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes now on 1.5.3 I can hear my engines well!!

Thanks razbam!! IFF is there too happy man!!

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

If by "waypath on hud", "hud indicator" you mean the triangle below your course, it's not supposed to point to the next waypoint. (It did earlier incorrectly). It's supposed to show your wind corrected course. The implementation is still WIP.

Nice to know. :music_whistling:

EDIT: Taxi and landing lights are now working in multiplayer. Great!

Edited by VTJG17_Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I might be all mixed up then! I'll get with Azrayen to get clarity on it. Thanks Spiddx

Hi CptSmiley,

Spiddx got it right. You may also refer to:

- my PM dated march 8 for the AP

- mantis ticket 33307 for the HSI knob

If questions remain, do ask, I will try to explain better what I understood if need be.

= = = = = = = =

So does the radar elevation scan at a certain altitude or a range of different altitudes? is it like Su-27 radar elevation or like F-15?

Your choice.

That's what the S/Z switch is for (or will be for? not at home, not sure it's implemented already).

++

Az'

spacer.png

If by "waypath on hud", "hud indicator" you mean the triangle below your course, it's not supposed to point to the next waypoint. (It did earlier incorrectly). It's supposed to show your wind corrected course. The implementation is still WIP.

Yep talking about the triangle below the course, so Okey that's logic to me now ^^

thanks for explanation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The update is great thank you RAZBAM, I just don't understand the vertical axis controls of the radar and how they work.

"If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing." -Chuck Yeager.

The update is great thank you RAZBAM, I just don't understand the vertical axis controls of the radar and how they work.

It is quite simple. The vertical axis controls the radar antenna elevation, something that has become critical since now the antenna is stabilized and the only way to look-up or look-down is by moving the antenna center up or down. Previously all you had to do was point the nose up or down. Now you have to move the antenna center.

I hope that was clear.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

It is quite simple. The vertical axis controls the radar antenna elevation, something that has become critical since now the antenna is stabilized and the only way to look-up or look-down is by moving the antenna center up or down. Previously all you had to do was point the nose up or down. Now you have to move the antenna center.

I hope that was clear.

Thanks for clearing it out, but is there a setting for the antenna to be automatic moving up and down? because I messed around with the radar controls and the numbers on the left were changing by themselves 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4 etc. I could also move it up and down manually and it would continue doing the 1,2,3,4. I am probably doing a horrible job of describing it, but that is he best I could do :D

"If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing." -Chuck Yeager.

Thanks for clearing it out, but is there a setting for the antenna to be automatic moving up and down? because I messed around with the radar controls and the numbers on the left were changing by themselves 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4 etc. I could also move it up and down manually and it would continue doing the 1,2,3,4. I am probably doing a horrible job of describing it, but that is he best I could do :D

Those numbers (1,2,3,4) indicate which bar of the radar scan is currently swept (I think bar 1 it the topmost, not sure).

Yes this is normal, it's the bar scan mode. You can adjust it between 1 bar (only scans left and right), 2 bar (sweep, move, sweep) and 4 bars (which is the default). It's labeled LINES and the tooltip is 'radar scan lines selector'.

For normal searching you'd usually use a 4 bar pattern to cover a larger volume of vertical airspace. The switch is on the radar panel immediately to the left of the throttle idle position.

By the way, the number shown on the display isn't really meant to change (should just say '2' or '4') but that's already been acknowledged and probably changed internally.

Edited by nomdeplume

Now im just looking foward to being able to slave the magic II to the radar =).

There's always one more thing, isn't it? ;)

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Having issues with GBU-12 bombing after update. I set a mission to destroy 4 tanks with help of JTAC and (before update) I was able to destroy at least 3 of em, and sometimes 4. But now after I blow up first one, JTAC shifts to another target but GBU-12 doesn't catch the laser spot anymore ... tried many different ways ... nothing helps :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The éclair pod:

eclair_zpstrgfola2.jpg

With this pod you get 18 additional chaff but more importantly 16 additional flares. If you use this pod, you cannot use the para brake.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Right! But it isn't yet modeled, is it?

That's the model you are looking at.

But where to exchange the chute for this pod? In the mission builder there wasn't a slot for it

It will be available in the weapons load page in the mission builder. It is a pod. Unless there is a problem, it will be available on the next update.