Removed

CptSmiley

Yes never. What you have in game actually is correct.

If you look at Mig-29A which is from the same generation, it only has 2 fox 1 too.

They are interceptors from the 80's, not air superiority fighters.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I see. So the 2000C never had any AA weapons on the fuselage pylons? Hard to believe due to the fact that this is her main role.

As Catseye said, facts are facts, accepts that hurts less.

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just bough this plane but where is the link to download the module?

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

I just bough this plane but where is the link to download the module?

It is in the module manager within DCS.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

It is in the module manager within DCS.

thank you, I though it was like the classic download style

• Like 1

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

When you see this message in your HUD you know it is time to return home. It means that your INS is damaged and you cannot navigate.

13443104_1038058239614147_4322891613861914204_o.jpg

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

When you see this message in your HUD you know it is time to return home. It means that your INS is damaged and you cannot navigate.

13443104_1038058239614147_4322891613861914204_o.jpg

Thanks Zeus!:thumbup:

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK I see. So the 2000C never had any AA weapons on the fuselage pylons? Hard to believe due to the fact that this is her main role.

One main reason was because the missiles they had for it (Super 530 and Magic II) were both Rail launched so neither could safely use those Fuselage pylons.

The biggest reason there is that if they launched a Magic II or Super 530 from there the Exhaust fumes from the rocket engine would go right into the Mirages Engine intakes which could and would cause all sorts of problems.

The Later Mica missiles (as used by the M2000-5)

can be either launched from rails or lauched by an ejector that pushes the missile downwards and away from the aircraft to a safe distance before the missile ignites (like the A-7 or Aim-120 on the F-15s Fuselage pylons)

Thus allowing them to safely be used on the fuselage stations without danger for the engine.

Dont know if the Magic II or Super 530 could have been modified to use an Ejector but i dont think it was ever done so thats the biggest reason why it could never carry them on the fuselage pylons.

Edited by mattebubben
  • Like 1

Dont know if the Magic II or Super 530 could have been modified to use an Ejector but i dont think it was ever done so thats the biggest reason why it could never carry them on the fuselage pylons.

The second (or first?) main reason is related to size and weight.

A S-530D (3.8m / 270kg) simply doesn't fit there; a MICA (3.1m / 112kg) does.

spacer.png

One main reason was because the missiles they had for it (Super 530 and Magic II) were both Rail launched so neither could safely use those Fuselage pylons.

The biggest reason there is that if they launched a Magic II or Super 530 from there the Exhaust fumes from the rocket engine would go right into the Mirages Engine intakes which could and would cause all sorts of problems.

The Later Mica missiles (as used by the M2000-5)

can be either launched from rails or lauched by an ejector that pushes the missile downwards and away from the aircraft to a safe distance before the missile ignites (like the A-7 or Aim-120 on the F-15s Fuselage pylons)

Thus allowing them to safely be used on the fuselage stations without danger for the engine.

Thank a lot for all the helpful answers. Makes totally sense now. +Rep inbound!

I have one last question concerning the E model. As far as I know, it did not had a glass cockpit. So if it was able to carry a TGP, where was the picture transmitted.

I have one last question concerning the E model. As far as I know, it did not had a glass cockpit. So if it was able to carry a TGP, where was the picture transmitted.

Azrayen, this thread supposed to be sticky, right ?

I must admit, I've been asking same stupid questions at first ...

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It used the Radar Display.

So the pilot had to switch it from showing the radar picture to showing the Feed from the TGP.

(so he could not view both at any one time but had to switch between the two depending on which he needed at the time.)

The Magic II surely not as AFAIK all the IR missiles are still rail launched I suppose because their fuel fractions are smaller and it would be more complicated to maintain the IR lock. While the newer tech on them such as LOAL and thrust vectoring might technically allow for that now, the standard launch is obviously still preferred due to the complications related to catapulting the missile like ensuring that the proper roll and pitch are maintained, etc.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Mirage 2000-5F were seen carrying 3 Mica EM (Fox 3) + 1 Mica IR on fuselage (+ 2 more on wings).

So the Mica IR can be launched in LOAL from pylon, and shot on BVR target using data link...very much like a true Fox 3.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Question please... does the Mirage's auto lock factor in the iff? Does it lock friendly contacts automatically?

Second question... Is there any hud (or elsewhere) marker to warn you when a friendly is locked?

Yep, it's one of the first IIR LOAL missiles.

Mirage 2000-5F were seen carrying 3 Mica EM (Fox 3) + 1 Mica IR on fuselage (+ 2 more on wings).

So the Mica IR can be launched in LOAL from pylon, and shot on BVR target using data link...very much like a true Fox 3.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Question please... does the Mirage's auto lock factor in the iff? Does it lock friendly contacts automatically?

Second question... Is there any hud (or elsewhere) marker to warn you when a friendly is locked?

You need to interrogate in RWS or TWS mode, where you'll see a little diamond shape in the V. It doesn't show you in the HUD that you've locked up a friendly aircraft.

If by auto-lock you mean Close Combat Mode (CCM), yes, it will lock onto friendlies.

Edited by gavagai

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

You need to interrogate in RWS or TWS mode, where you'll see a little diamond shape in the V. It doesn't show you in the HUD that you've locked up a friendly aircraft.

If by auto-lock you mean Close Combat Mode (CCM), yes, it will lock onto friendlies.

Locked friendly shows "A" in the HUD target box, only if you interrogate.

In fact it does. Once you interrogate, you will see an A (for ami) in the Target Designator Box for friendly contacts. If the box stays empty, it's an enemy (provided you IFF is turned on in the first place).

Screen_160620_160441.thumb.jpg.855be54cfe3d1d61f8814faf1650e522.jpg

Screen_160620_160513.thumb.jpg.e4d579bb5d9e66970c988c1388afcdf7.jpg

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Ah, good to know, thanks.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I wish it wouldn't autolock friendlies in CCM, or at list would prohibit missile launch at them ... that'd be very useful in dogfights... I already mistakenly splashed some friendlies online :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Locked friendly shows "A" in the HUD target box, only if you interrogate.

This! Watch out in CCM and close quarters fighting, keeping that IFF button on a fingertip for quick interrogation. I try to anticipate needing the IFF and have it going while trying to auto lock so that the lock and interrogation are almost instant.

JD

AKA_MattE

I wish it wouldn't autolock friendlies in CCM, or at list would prohibit missile launch at them ... that'd be very useful in dogfights... I already mistakenly splashed some friendlies online :(

Well simply look at the Hud to see if its a Friendly or not before you fire =P.

And the radar simply locks what ever is infront of it.

And it would not be a perfect solution either to have the CCM mode just dissregard contacts it assumed as friendlies either.

Simply make it a procedure.

After you Lock a target in CCM.

just take that extra second it takes to press the IFF button and make sure on the Hud that there is no A in the target box and then fire if its all clear.