Trimming

FOXFIRE TWOONE

b. pitching moment due to flaps and gear – p.47 para 58 (vi) describes the reaction when undercarriage extends as “weak nose up initially and finally weak nose down.” Change in trim as gear retracts “slightly stronger nose up.” “Slight nose down” as flaps extend; “slight nose up” as flaps retract;

Now this should be posted in the Flaps thread. The flaps are causing a very noticeable nose up effect now.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Umm, I'm not sure where people are getting that you shouldn't be able to trim to hands off, but you should be able to...

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

• 1 month later...

This one is for fellow Warty owners...

Just setting my trim up...

How have you got the trim programmed? (pulse on press or press(on press) / release (on release)?

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

Hi Art-J,

ah right.. I know quite a few just use the in-game settings. I'm probably in the minority when I say I really like TARGET. Just wondered how others might have set there Warty's up... I'm sure someone will be along soon...

thanks anyway

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

Two things:

1) Trim, in general, is really only supposed to relieve stick forces, not to let you fly hands off. As such, it's great for the FFB users, not so much for the rest of us.

2) Have you got any proof/documentation about the trim system you can supply to BST regarding button durations and trim amounts being excessive? Or even pilot accounts? It's something I've not read about so I'm curious. It may be that the F86 had a very sensitive trim response and the module is correct.

Exactly. It's nice to not have to have your hands on the stick and light up a smoke, or whatever (Figuratively speaking) but I have never found a true sweet spot in any AC on any sim.

Exactly. It's nice to not have to have your hands on the stick and light up a smoke, or whatever (Figuratively speaking) but I have never found a true sweet spot in any AC on any sim.

and then there's the environment, turbulence...

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

I don't have a problem with the trim as it is. However I would like to be able to map it to an axis, but that is just personal preference.

Wow.....That seems like it would be even harder to get into a comfortable place. I'm pretty fond of being able to go one click left, or right or whatever. But I guess that in the P51 and other planes, it is actually set to a dial, so It makes sense.

Wow.....That seems like it would be even harder to get into a comfortable place. I'm pretty fond of being able to go one click left, or right or whatever. But I guess that in the P51 and other planes, it is actually set to a dial, so It makes sense.

Yeah I do normally fly ww2 warbirds and find the elevator trim easier on an axis. Although rudder trim on a Hat switch is quite nice.