The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

Deployed.

Now the next major things are re-writing the Launch Function Code:

Going to condense from 3 separate functions (Launch, Launch VR On, Launch VR Off), to a single function w/ 2 variables (VR On/VR Off).

This has needed to be re-written for a while, since the VR On/Off Functions were added after the initial Code was written. Re-Writing the code to include all the variables will eliminate redundant and duplicated code as well as free up some UI space. Which will also require some re-write of presets/profiles (adding a few slots maybe).

Processes Tracking when Application is Launched:

Right now, the App checks for DCS.exe, DCS_Updater.exe, ModelViewer.exe and ModelViewer2.exe. But doesnt check Process ID's or anything. I'm re-writing to check ID's and other things, and better control of them.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

have a problem with app-updater

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Zugriff verweigert
  bei System.Diagnostics.Process.Kill()
  bei SZGSUPDATER.Form1.CheckProcess()
  bei SZGSUPDATER.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  bei System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
   Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.
   Win32-Version: 4.7.3416.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B.
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
SZGS Mini Updater
   Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.1002.
   Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
   CodeBase: file:///D:/Fliegerei/Tools/SZGS%20Mini%20Updater.exe.
Microsoft.VisualBasic
   Assembly-Version: 10.0.0.0.
   Win32-Version: 14.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C.
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll.
System
   Win32-Version: 4.7.3416.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B.
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Core
   Win32-Version: 4.7.3362.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C.
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.
System.Windows.Forms
   Win32-Version: 4.7.3324.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C.
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System.Drawing
   Win32-Version: 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C.
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
System.Configuration
   Win32-Version: 4.7.3324.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C.
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
System.Xml
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
System.Runtime.Remoting
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.
mscorlib.resources
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
   <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

Additional reasons. I do a lot of mission editing and scripting. You can't do valid tests as a "server host" or ME pseudo-host, you need to be a connected client due to interesting DCS reasons to do with groups and messaging. So I run DS alongside a client to test and it also means I make great use of your utility switching from VR to normal.

Along side that, DS is more stable than the client, so if I run anything local I often crashed killing the "server", or if I tabbed out or did something my friends would lag out if I was hosting.

The DS is really a game changer for stability and missing out on it is not an option! It's great to run DS then connect into it locally, you get better FPS smoothness! I'd still do it if I was on my own doing anything quite heavy since it effectively uncouples the graphics from the CPU processing and it's making better usage of all the wasted CPU we have.

I really love your launcher, I can no longer live without it, thanks for your work on process handling :)

Process Tracking is being looked at.

Why would you want to launch dedicated server and normal DCS on the same system?, Just run DCS in Normal MP Mode.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Additional reasons. I do a lot of mission editing and scripting. You can't do valid tests as a "server host" or ME pseudo-host, you need to be a connected client due to interesting DCS reasons to do with groups and messaging. So I run DS alongside a client to test and it also means I make great use of your utility switching from VR to normal.

Along side that, DS is more stable than the client, so if I run anything local I often crashed killing the "server", or if I tabbed out or did something my friends would lag out if I was hosting.

The DS is really a game changer for stability and missing out on it is not an option! It's great to run DS then connect into it locally, you get better FPS smoothness! I'd still do it if I was on my own doing anything quite heavy since it effectively uncouples the graphics from the CPU processing and it's making better usage of all the wasted CPU we have.

I really love your launcher, I can no longer live without it, thanks for your work on process handling :)

Noted...

Like I said, I'm re-writing the process management part.

Likely be a new layout showing Process, ID, Path and Status

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Hi, Noob question...

I followed the cmd instructions on changing from release version to beta version.

I installed the utiility.

For the life of me, I cannot determine if I am on the stable or beta version now.

I was interested in seeing the P51 update but don't see any difference so I am not sure if I did the conversion correctly.

In slot 1 build, it shows 2.5.4.30386 but does not designate whether it is stable for beta.

updater version 2.9.10.7

Help a guy out please...

thanks

Gigabyte Z390 mobo, i9-9900K, 32gb ram, GTX 2080 ti, Evo 970 nvme 1tb, 2 DSD button box OSW panels, Oculus Rift CV1, Odyssey Plus, Valve Index, Rift S, HP Reverb, 2 SimRacingStudio wind sim fans, MFG Crosswind pedals, Warthog hotas w 50mm extension, Simlab GT1 EVOcockpit, Gametrix Jet Seat, SFX-100 3DOF motion, 8 transducers, 2 Cougar MFD's

DCS World, Simshaker for Aviators, sound module

Modules: P51, F/18, All Rotor craft, F14, F16, FC3

Super Carrier

Hi, Noob question...

I followed the cmd instructions on changing from release version to beta version.

I installed the utiility.

For the life of me, I cannot determine if I am on the stable or beta version now.

I was interested in seeing the P51 update but don't see any difference so I am not sure if I did the conversion correctly.

In slot 1 build, it shows 2.5.4.30386 but does not designate whether it is stable for beta.

updater version 2.9.10.7

Help a guy out please...

thanks

Hi,

no that's not a noob question. At the moment stable and openbeta are at the same version. So there is no difference betweem them. But tomorrow openbata will get the version 2.5.5 with the vr-performance-fix (at least all VR owners hope so). :pilotfly:

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Yeah, I can’t wait for that since I fly in vr. I wanted to be able to get the new update, hence the reason for moving to the beta version.

Thanks for you help.

Gigabyte Z390 mobo, i9-9900K, 32gb ram, GTX 2080 ti, Evo 970 nvme 1tb, 2 DSD button box OSW panels, Oculus Rift CV1, Odyssey Plus, Valve Index, Rift S, HP Reverb, 2 SimRacingStudio wind sim fans, MFG Crosswind pedals, Warthog hotas w 50mm extension, Simlab GT1 EVOcockpit, Gametrix Jet Seat, SFX-100 3DOF motion, 8 transducers, 2 Cougar MFD's

DCS World, Simshaker for Aviators, sound module

Modules: P51, F/18, All Rotor craft, F14, F16, FC3

Super Carrier

Hi: Why has not DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone been implemented in External Applications yet?

i will add SRS in the next build hopefully

But for future reference for everyone, I cannot add every possible external mod, Which is why the Scripts option exists.

SRS is well known enough to add.

But for future reference for everyone, I cannot add every possible external mod, Which is why the Scripts option exists.

Thank you SkateZilla for having it in mind, and I take this opportunity to congratulate you for your tremendous work with this tool, Thanks for sharing it. regards :thumbup:

DCS WORLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have issue with DCS Updater launching and sitting minimized in the taskbar - no way to bring up the main window. I am on latest version. No regular windows shortcuts work (restore, maximize etc)

In the application you have to your right the Settings Application Tab when it opens you have on your right the menu option Minimize / Restore With DCS Launch select in the drop-down menu "Minimize / Restore With DCS Launch".... With Windows 10 it works perfect for me. Regards

DCS WORLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have issue with DCS Updater launching and sitting minimized in the taskbar - no way to bring up the main window. I am on latest version. No regular windows shortcuts work (restore, maximize etc)

I had the same problems two times. I start the app and it is pinned to the task bar but I was unable to maximize it.

As Workaround I opened the folder below and found multiple folders with version numbers as foldername. I renamed the last one (1.1.0.1023 -> 1.1.0.1023dead), copied the second last and renamed it (1.1.0.1022 -> 1.1.0.1023). The app started as usual and all my settings are good.

I think the settings file is somehow corrupted.

Path to find the folders:

C:\Users\<Usernem>\AppData\Local\Skate_Zilla_Graphics_Stud\DCS_Updater_Utility.exe_StrongName_eyxzuj3cktofe3uzj1jdj4xy20o4mjbq

The strongName may be something else on your computer?!

I hope this workaround helps you the same way it helped me.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

Only a proposal: You can make the "External Application" part dynamic.

A xml or simple properties file with icon path, app name, app path and everyone can add what he wants. It would be much more flexible.

Only a proposal: You can make the "External Application" part dynamic.

A xml or simple properties file with icon path, app name, app path and everyone can add what he wants. It would be much more flexible.

Yeah, what kaltokiri said. I have no idea how to use the script page.

Im looking into adding something similar with adding a name and path.

using custom scripts instructions /example here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3783702&postcount=792

Edited by SkateZilla

Hi SkateZilla,

Love the utility and have used it for a while. Tonight when I reboot my machine, the utility freezes, and then states "Not Responding" in the Task manager.

I have downloaded the file again and overwrote the old file. Same thing. Is there a way to reset things, some .ini file or something to rest.

Thanks

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

Hi SkateZilla,

Love the utility and have used it for a while. Tonight when I reboot my machine, the utility freezes, and then states "Not Responding" in the Task manager.

I have downloaded the file again and overwrote the old file. Same thing. Is there a way to reset things, some .ini file or something to rest.

Thanks

/<Username>/Appdata/Local/Skate_Zilla_Graphics_Stud/

Skate- Thanks I deleted the entire folder (seemed to have sub-folders for MANY previous versions).

It works now - sort of. It takes approximately 90 seconds to pull up the menu after the start screen pops up. This seems long. Is this the new normal?

Thanks!

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

Skate- Thanks I deleted the entire folder (seemed to have sub-folders for MANY previous versions).

It works now - sort of. It takes approximately 90 seconds to pull up the menu after the start screen pops up. This seems long. Is this the new normal?

Thanks!

After another shut down, and relaunch it took about 10 seconds. :pilotfly:

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Hey all, I'm having some trouble getting the updater to work after installing it in its own folder. The "Updater Settings" button is not clickable for me on the main screen, any ideas what would cause this?

You might try deleting the setup folder at "/<Username>/Appdata/Local/Skate_Zilla_Graphics_Stud/" and trying again.

----------------

AKA_Clutter

if you wiped the settings, you likely have to reset your builds and re-select a build from the drop down menu.