Battleships Bismark.

Markindel

Hey Markindel,

Lastest ship work is looking awesome! Question regarding your P-38D Mod. I was hoping to enjoy it some more today but when I loaded it up all controls are unresponsive and even the keyboard doesn't respond to escape or anything. Have any idea how I may be able to correct? Assuming it's due to latest version

***EDIT

I found a way to fix this. I know this may not be the best method so Markindel feel free to correct me- This will fix it for any users having my issue in the mean time.

I think the latest update broke the controls, so what I did was go into C:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\P-38D Lightning\Input\P-38D and deleted all the folders, leaving only name.lau. I then went to C:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Input\P-51D and copied over all those input folders into C:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\P-38D Lightning\Input\P-38D. I had to rebind a few things but it works now!

Edited by Hook47

Might work or might not re: integrity checks. I never got around to testing it properly. Mod itself definitely works - well I got the B17 to do so. Probably would still want the host and client to have the same mod units even if cosmetic non integrity check triggering ones were different or else some will see the modded unit and some will not. Also not sure if client and host mod selections differing triggers an integrity check itself. If you get a chance to test it I - and I am sure others - would be interested in the results.

Pretty much use the alternative mod location:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=170161

Hello Markindel

I'm a massive fan of yours and Stonehouses mods and I've learned a lot of my own modding from studying them.

Would you mind if I opened a "Markidels Mod List" thread and created a master list with links, screens and info regarding all your mods released to date? I will gladly maintain the list, I know you are busy and that is time consuming but I would love for your mods to get more exposure!

Just wanted to get permission before doing so.

Additionally would you mind if I put together themed mod packs containing all your WW2 units in one pack, and all your Naval units in another (and so on) in JGSME format? All credit goes to you of course, but I could put them on the thread as well to save users time.

Edited by Hook47
ADHD

Excellent! I'll get on that tomorrow and have it up ASAP in the mods section

Thanks, credit will clearly be given to you of course :)

thanks Ramsey for helping to organize, (and Markindel). This thread has incredible value. Our next step will be to convert all releases into a nice big JSGME "package". :);) I tend to convert all of my favorite MODS to JSGME (if they're not already in that format). :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

thanks Ramsey for helping to organize, (and Markindel). This thread has incredible value. Our next step will be to convert all releases into a nice big JSGME "package". :);) I tend to convert all of my favorite MODS to JSGME (if they're not already in that format). :thumbup:

Hey I was actually thinking the same thing- for what it is worth while I am at it I can bundle up some JGSME Workd War 2 theme packages, and maybe Modern Naval unit packages if you guys would like! I was also going to offer permenant file hosting for you guys via my Dropbox for you gents as well so you don't have to use Mediafire unless you wanted to

I was also planning on putting screen shots and dates of last tested with version 1.5 or 2.0 version X So we can track compatibility. I'm sort of a weird complitionist/OCD type so this is right up my alley lol!

• Like 1

Hey I was actually thinking the same thing- for what it is worth while I am at it I can bundle up some JGSME Workd War 2 theme packages, and maybe Modern Naval unit packages if you guys would like! I was also going to offer permenant file hosting for you guys via my Dropbox for you gents as well so you don't have to use Mediafire unless you wanted to

I was also planning on putting screen shots and dates of last tested with version 1.5 or 2.0 version X So we can track compatibility. I'm sort of a weird complitionist/OCD type so this is right up my alley lol!

thanks M8! I'll help out in any way as well, (QA checks, etc).

many thanks for stepping up!!!! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 2 weeks later...
Just to liven the thread up, I'll post a promo video of the upcoming DC-3 that the boys are working hard on. Markindel really has done some great work with the 3D model, Stonehouse's tweaking the flight model and CrazzyEddie skinning the hell out of it, she's going to be a great little mod.

I'll hasten to add that there is a lot of work in progress in the video, textures are just at the first pass and are nothing much more than 'functional' right now, flight model is getting a work over and the cockpit animations grow by the day.

There's still a way to go yet, but every day brings progress.

How i make this flyable?

В авиации не пьёт только автопилот, но и его спиртом протирают (с)

Is this also based on the P-51? Whatever its base, how is it that you can tune the light model? I thought those were hard coded?

Just to liven the thread up, I'll post a promo video of the upcoming DC-3 that the boys are working hard on. Markindel really has done some great work with the 3D model, Stonehouse's tweaking the flight model and CrazzyEddie skinning the hell out of it, she's going to be a great little mod.

I'll hasten to add that there is a lot of work in progress in the video, textures are just at the first pass and are nothing much more than 'functional' right now, flight model is getting a work over and the cockpit animations grow by the day.

There's still a way to go yet, but every day brings progress.

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

• 2 weeks later...