Battleships Bismark.

Markindel

Thank you guys for the Mistral mod. Looks fantastic!

I've got something in the works using it, will post soon.

One issue, If I place a Gazelle on the deck of the empty version in mission builder, the helo falls through into the sea! Does not matter how it is placed.

The Dixmude version works fine, as well as others (even if the helo spawns inside another!

Need to figure out how to change the placement of the helo on the deck.

Haven't tried landing on any YET!

Thanks again.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Hawkeye

I dont think you can place a helo on the deck as a static, you cannot do it with any of the in game ships (Vinsen etc) and this Mod will be no different, it has to follow the same game rules.

If you figure out a way to do that tell us, it would be a giant leap forward.

The only way to move the helo's on deck is to do what Markindel did for the Mod, each one is positioned within the edm and lua files, he did all of that work. Its complicated.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Please note, I am trying to place a player controlled Gazelle, not static on version 6. Did I misunderstand the read me?

V6 - Aloutte parked on deck, all spots free for flyables

Thanks again.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Hawkeye

Okay, I misunderstood, and I see the problem, we have missed a line off the Lod file.

Go to the file

Mistral-empty-deck.lods

It should look like this, the bottom collision line is missing

model = {

lods = {

{"mistral-empty-deck.edm",12500.000000};

{"mistral-lod1.edm",35000.000000};

{"mistral-lod2.edm",50000.000000};

};

collision_shell = "mistral-collision.edm";

}

That will fix your problem, sorry for our mistake.

Eddie

Thank you very much,

Fixed!

VR Mistral Gazelle's

Using Likiki's Mistral

here

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2881041#post2881041

ps, They look great, and are a treat to fly off of in VR!

Wanted to share,

I just watched, in VR, the version 6 Mistral make short work of six approaching armed speed boats, while I loitered nearby in the Gazelle, enjoying the show!:)

Fantastic work!

Thanks again

Hawkeye

I dont know if I'm teaching you how to suck eggs here but you can land on all of the decks, on all versions, anywhere on the deck that isn't occupied.

As long as the model has a collision file reference that factor exists. We only omitted it from V6 by mistake, the rest have it.

"Teaching you how to suck eggs = Teaching you something you already know" :smartass:

PS - When I say we omitted it - I mean I omitted it - my cockup !!

Edited by crazyeddie

Thanks to everyone involved in the Mistral project!

A wonderful tribute to our friend Lilkiki.

+1 thanks for that.

:thumbup:

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

I dont know if I'm teaching you how to suck eggs here but you can land on all of the decks, on all versions, anywhere on the deck that isn't occupied.

As long as the model has a collision file reference that factor exists. We only omitted it from V6 by mistake, the rest have it.

Thanks, I do know this. I took off from the deck:smilewink:

The question is,

How to place a player helo on the deck of a partly full Mistral, without it appearing inside a static one. ie: choose the spot on deck.

Every time I tried, I always end up looking out from inside a static one if that spot already has one placed there.

Might be a DCS ME problem.

As a side note, Dam! those Mistrals can Shoot!

Hawkeye

The Game will only allow a helo to take off and land from one spot on the deck. Markindel set that to spot 1, which is why I left versions with that spot empty. V5, V6 or Dixmude.

I dont think there is anything we can do about that, we have to make these mods within the restrictions of the game, for now. All ships in the game follow that restriction, and its damn nuisance I agree.

We left most spots 4 and 5 empty because the night lighting is set to that, which might have been an oversight on my part, we could have done that differently, or better.

Interesting point thought, perhaps we should have left all spot 1's empty as well. Will see what Markindel thinks about that, we could do another version perhaps.

Will let you know.

Eddie

Hi DigitalEngine,

It is simply an amateur mod.

We are far behind with the work because we have completed the Mistral class.

And you have done an amazing job!! BTW the black flak puffs on the Dakota videos, are a public mod?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Actually I want to update that description in user files but unfortunately ED don't have a scripts section in user files so it's Mod or Other.

The flak is actually a script that you use via triggers in your mission to generate flak bursts either within a static zone or within a moving zone centred on a unit eg a ship. So it is not installed per se as you would an aircraft or tank mod but is simply used when you build a mission. I am currently doing a rewrite - which is taking a long time because there isn't much spare time these days - to make it easier to use and improve performance (hopefully) in MP.

Thanks for that explanation Stonehouse, I have often wondered how that worked, when you update it I will have to instal it and give it a try, I like the look of the effect and it sounds like fun.

Never found the time to get around to it before, but you know all about that Eh !!

Tonnerre V2

Tonnerre V2, with spot 1 free for spawning and flyables and a full deck of helicopters to make that awkward landing even more awkward !! Should be available on the download site in a day or two.

Thank you Mario (Markindel) for doing it for us, we will leave you in peace now to get on with the DC3 Cockpit, we promise :).

Edited by crazyeddie

Awesome mod guys , and a great tribute to Lilkiki!

So having only one spawning spot (spot 1) is a limitation of DCS? It is not possible to have a ship with several spawning spots like for the default aircraft carrier? So for flying MP and taking off at the same time we need as many ships as we have pilot slots, right? No chance to see multi spots implemented for this mod?

Thanks anyway for the fantastic work.

Not sure about that now, at one point the default ships had four spawning points for jets but only one spawning point for Helo's, has that changed again and I did not notice ?

I will have a look at that this evening and get back to you, but note there are a few decks within this mod that have more than one empty landing spot, so if we can make that work its not going to be a problem.

Okay, see what you mean, helo's now spawn on the jet t/o points. Will look at that again and see if we can do something about that. I notice they still land in sequence on the back end of the ships, that's AI of course, you guys can land where you like !!

(That's what happens when you spend so much time working on Mods, you miss what's changing in the game, sometimes for a long time) !!!

Edited by crazyeddie

At the moment 4 helo's appear on deck but superimposed on top of each other, so you only see one. No1 takes off, and the other three remain on spot 1, until No 4 takes off then spot 1 is clear.

All helo's land on Spot 1, in sequence, same as the other ships in the game.

I have tried changing the mapclasskey to Vinsen to see what happens with that. The 4 helo's appear but at the same deck level and deck positions for the Vinsen, so under the deck and off the deck. That tells me that the game is controlling the take off positions depending on what the ship is called, it follows the mapclasskey for the ship type.

Logically if I change the key back to Vinsen and find the way to change its take off positions that will work, but it will screw up Vinsen in the process, so that isn't an answer.

I cannot see how we can change that, I have tried some changes to the lua settings but nothing seems to happen if I do that.

Anyone got any ideas ?

I posted about this in the wishlist forum. here

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=172913

No answer yet.

@crazyeddie - I've been trying for a couple years on how to get more then 1 spawn point on ships. I believe it's hard coded somewhere...

what is this mapclasskey you speak of?

@Hawkeye60 - to get a spawn point on a ship the code in the .lua file of the ship is

GT.Landing_Point = {45.635, 18.609, -16.422}
--Axis Points         X        Z      Y

Unfortunately you can't have more then one..

We need ED to help us IF they can.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45