1.5.3 issue - Game won't start

Sn8ke

• ED Team

always a good idea to remove all user mods before updating dcs

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

always a good idea to remove all user mods before updating dcs

right, the FOB Ranger mod seems do have a issue with the new update....As soon I copy the tech folder in the MODS folder, DCS stops on starting the game...... I only have Mustangs texture mod and the UH1H Sound mod from Diveplane, no issue with that, but FOB Ranger mod dosent work...for me atleast...

repair

Have you guys tried a repair? any mods being re-applied after update?

Where in the installation is this link you call repair? I haven't found any such link.

Both Alpha and Beta refuse to load since the latest update. I just have gigabytes of games that don't work at all.

And I might add, very expensive too.

• ED Team

check your windows start menu / progammes, you will find an eagle dynamics folder and the repair

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Where in the installation is this link you call repair? I haven't found any such link.

Both Alpha and Beta refuse to load since the latest update. I just have gigabytes of games that don't work at all.

And I might add, very expensive too.

It might look different on your machine but this is the repair i speak of.

auilCZg.jpg

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply. After installing games, I always put a shortcut on the desktop and never start anything from the start menu.

So, voila, there it was and it worked perfectly. I now have both of the versions running, although for some reason the Nevada scenery has gone from incredible to dark and dingy? There is also black marks around the edges of the canopy. This is since the last big update.Has anyone else seen this happen and if so, what is the problem?:thumbup: