Oxygen level at 0 passing out over 30000ft

petertheduke21

Sorry, I can't reproduce that.

I just tried both the instant action mission "free flight" and an own mission (starting from runway)

EDIT: Now also tried a cold start. Works. In all cases I climbed to 35,000ft and stayed there for a while.

Please provide steps to reproduce.

Edited by Aginor

This is occuring to me when flying in missions created by mission editor and also with instant missions. Did quick testing and it only happens in stable version, didn't occur in openalpha. Warning lights are indicating that cabin is not pressurised. If you go into high altitudes you will get hypoxia.

xeYRvwi.png

How do u fix things and break something .

petertheduke21, RAZBAM is doing a great work with this module and hopefully with future ones too. These things just happens, no need to be that upset.

Edited by BIGNEWY
quoted 1.10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]             

http://dcsfinland.fi

Suomalainen DCS Yhteisö

Same here. When I fly at very high altitude the cabin pressure warning light comes on (Open Beta).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Flying stable, cold start, I have a red CNPY warning but the canopy is closed, with the lever in the "locked" (all the way forward) position.

I was not able to reproduce this a second time. I'm not sure exactly what I did differently on the first try.

Other inconsistencies:

Right click from the locked position (forward) bounces the switch off the back (lower) position, before it goes to the middle. (this is wierd... I'd expect 1-step movement per click at most)

If I do the above in flight my canopy flies off the plane, and I have a CNPY warning. (this is expected)

However, without a canopy I can move the locking handle forward again, and CNPY warning goes away. ("Look Ma, a convertible!" ... unexpected)

I then fly with no canopy, and when crossing 40,000' the CNPY light came back on. (unexpected, should have been on already)

By 45,000' or so, I finally got the O2 warning. (maybe should have happened earlier)

The LOX gauge doesn't change from the 6 litres it appears to read initially. (unexpected)

Edit2: At 47,000' and mil power with no canopy, my oxygen lasted longer than my fuel.

--gos

Edited by gospadin

Yeah, got the exact same problem. If I stay up high too long I completely lose consciousness. Only started after the last update. Also, the break chute doesn't repack after a rearm, and the matra rocket pods still work in reverse.

Regarding the oxygen issue, are you guys sealing the canopy? The P.CAB light should go off when you do.

After closing the canopy you need to left-click the red bit of the lever, it should go into an "UP" position and the canopy will be sealed.

Also: are you using any mods? I think there were issues with someone's mod to allow use of NVGs relating to hypoxia as it hadn't been updated.

After closing the canopy you need to left-click the red bit of the lever, it should go into an "UP" position and the canopy will be sealed.

The sealed position is "forward" no?

(Ignore the warning lights, I've ejected the canopy already. :music_whistling: )

Screen_160319_144834.thumb.jpg.03ed8eb9bdc34941bb8f7456e72f127a.jpg

Yes, forward is sealed.

I also get the cabin pressure warning above 38k ft (strangely with no accompanying master caution). But I can't reproduce the oxygen loss or hypoxia you guys see. And i was flying above 45k for as long as my fuel would last...

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Yes, forward is sealed.

I also get the cabin pressure warning above 38k ft (strangely with no accompanying master caution). But I can't reproduce the oxygen loss or hypoxia you guys see. And i was flying above 45k for as long as my fuel would last...

That's exactly what I experience here.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yep the cabin pressure warning is normal above that altitude, but the mask pressure (you don't see the value for is fine) and by default right now the pilot has his mask on.

Also unable so far to recreate LOX value and hypoxia issues as well.

So you see changes in the LOX gauge? Maybe something in my cockpit mod needs to update the alpha on that needle, need to check...

I (and I think Smiley too) was more replying to the problems the OP and appearently a few others have (hypoxia and oxygen readout at 0), not the things you have discovered (which I haven't tested but seem to be reproducable).

Probably the whole ECS system isn't finished yet...

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

• ED Team

Please be respectful when giving feedback.

Forum rules can be found at the top of the page for review.

Thread cleaned.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Okey just found out that my problems (coldstart cabin not sealed etc.) was issues coming from mirage NVG mod. All the warning lights are now okey for me. Don't know about the hypoxia at high altitudes problem which few in here are talking about.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]             

Suomalainen DCS Yhteisö

Which goes back to,

When Updating, Remove all Mods.

When Trouble Shooting Issues, and you know you had installed mods, Remove them, Run Repair and Verify Problem still exists.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Which goes back to,

When Trouble Shooting Issues, and you know you had installed mods, Remove them, Run Repair and Verify Problem still exists.

Another note:

I now remove all mods from ALL my DCS installations, lest I risk it copying a modified file from one of my other installations.

If I forgot to remove, then I do a repair before trying to run it.

--gos

Which goes back to,

True, my bad don't usually slip my mind like that. My issue is fixed but still remains orginal issue for other ppl of this thread. Just thought it would be the same one.

Another note:

I now remove all mods from ALL my DCS installations, lest I risk it copying a modified file from one of my other installations.

If I forgot to remove, then I do a repair before trying to run it.

--gos

I highly recommend to use JSGME to help installing new updates while having mods installed. Easy to just remove all mods with one click, install patch and place all mods back with an another simple click.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]             

Suomalainen DCS Yhteisö