No track ir = hard flying

Tango777

I do not have track ir and flying the A10-C is a big challenge because of all of the swithes and buttons that you must click on.

Is there any other way to move your head around easier than having to hit alt+c all of the time for movement and zooming in and out?

I have a sidewinder joystick but moving hands from the joystick's hat to the mouse back and forth is a real hassle.

Thank you!

i7-13700F - 32GB DDR5 RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060Ti 16GB - 2TB NVMe SSD - Windows 11

although I actually do have a trackIR. I have set up some custom snapviews in order to not have to strain myself in order to check my six or work my radio's and CDU.

While some work to set-up. Inflight I just need to hit the snapview key ( rebinded this to the "Decimal" key on the numpad ) and then hit one of the keys on the numpad wich then instantly snaps the view to one of the avionics I have previously set up.

Check my F-15C guide

I made a homemad trackIR using Freetrack with IR plugin....the whole thing cost me 10€ and its working without any problem or lags or track loss or anything....I will never buy the real trackIR now

search for homemade trackIR on google, you will find lots of tutorials, anyone can do it, and DCS is a lot more fun with it

Well, for only 1/3 of the price of a TrackIR I'm using the TrackHat clip + the PS3 eye head tracking webcam of http://www.trackhat.org/

Works like a charm, even the software is especially adapted to this combination......

Dell XPS 8700: 28" DELL S2817Q 3840pi, i7-4790 3.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super, Windows 10, SSD 1 TB, HDD 2 TB + 32 GB SSD, TM HOTAS, Oculus Rift S.

Repetition is the Mother of All Skills:matrix:

[sIGPIC]<a href="http://www.flyfighterjet.com/" target="_blank"></a>[/sIGPIC]

Any working solution is great, and head tracking is an absolute must - have and a game changer. No real flying without it, especially in a Hog where you need to have a good situational awareness when engaging ground targets.

I second this. A HOTAS, any HOTAS, is a must obviously, but get head tracking before you upgrade your HOTAS or buy pedals. Seriously. I went from having an OK time to having an AMAZING time when I got my TrackIR.

Using TIR to check six or use switches in the cockpit is anything but a strain.

If you find It is a problem or a "strain" when doing so...you do not have it set up correctly.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

You can also double click the middle mouse button and it will do the same thing as pressing L alt + c, i found that made things slightly easier/faster.

I know it wasn't your question but there are also a few cheaper alternatives to TrackIR that might interest you. This project sounds promising (and it's what I'm waiting for) but we haven't seen anything more then a render and the idea yet, hopefully we will hear more within the next month or 2, apparently it will be much much cheaper then TrackIR. There is also the Delan Clip .

Thank you all very much. Your support is the best forum I have ever seen.

If you guys ever have the need to be taught how to fly some big iron in another sim just let me know. Too bad that there is not a big iron airplane like a B-52 or C-5 for DCS.

i7-13700F - 32GB DDR5 RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060Ti 16GB - 2TB NVMe SSD - Windows 11

Iv bin using FreeTrack since KA-50 release. I have had guys with Track IR come over and try my setup and they think it is better than TIR. It is all in the setup. Have had a lot of time to make it perfect.

In the end you do what will work best for you.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

I also was building my own "cheaper" TrackIR and in the end I paid for TraickIR + PS3 camera + some drivers + countless hours to get that thing working. Free software doesn't always work and crashes. So now, after I know all the details behind "10$ camera + free track works just fine" I would never go that path. Just pay 150 and use freed time to play the game!

I also was building my own "cheaper" TrackIR and in the end I paid for TraickIR + PS3 camera + some drivers + countless hours to get that thing working. Free software doesn't always work and crashes. So now, after I know all the details behind "10$ camera + free track works just fine" I would never go that path. Just pay 150 and use freed time to play the game!

+1

I tried with TrackNoIR and used a lot of time to try to get it to work.

In the mean time my friend got a TrackIR, plugged it in and flew.

After watching that for a while, I got my own TrackIR, plugged it in, and never looked back again. :)

Of course other people's experience may be different, but my recommendation is to get the TrackIR for ease of use.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

I would agree with comments here, depends on what you've more of, money or time. For me facetracknoir works great, but I have spent a lot of time configuring it for my setup. Works great now that it's set. Doesn't stop me tweaking it every other week though, depending on my mood!

Can't just blanket imply that free software crashes more than purchased software!

Of course other people's experience may be different, but my recommendation is to get the TrackIR for ease of use.

Indeed. It took me a while time-wise and some headache to figure out what kind of head tracking I want to use. TrackIR seemed obvious first choice, but I didn't like the company's attitude and pricing :)

Finally I ended up buying a custom-made clip with PS3 Eye for a fraction or TIR price and set up OpenTrack. Took a few hours getting it to work properly, but you set it once and then forget about it. No regrets so far; works like a charm.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |