Option to use normal mouse control?

smirkza

Evening all,

After playing around a little with 2.02 I wonder if it could be possible to switch between the laser pointer and the normal mouse pointer.

In the menus and mission editor, the laser pointer is a nuisance. But during a flight, some people might find it useful (I'd rather use a mouse, as my hand can combat the slight movements I make with my head that push the pointer off a switch).

Am I the only one struggling to use my head to 'point' at a switch every time I want to press it, or do others prefer the mouse pointer too?

Edited by smirkza

Cheers,

Smirkza

I found it annoying as well. I did a flight with the Mirage last night and there was this annoying dot or yellow/green box in front of me all the time. Hopefully they'll fix it in the future.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

We need the option to use the mouse pointer as well. The head is not a suitable input device for mouse interaction. Here are my thoughts on the matter:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164889

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

I have never used OR although I have one preordered. Are you guys saying that DCS keeps a dot on the center of your view and that it is necessary to place your view directly on the object (switch, button, whatever) in order to interact with it? If so that sounds like a bit of a nightmare.

I have never used OR although I have one preordered. Are you guys saying that DCS keeps a dot on the center of your view and that it is necessary to place your view directly on the object (switch, button, whatever) in order to interact with it? If so that sounds like a bit of a nightmare.

Yes, and it is.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Please, please, please restore ASAP the mouse-cross cockpit activation device that used to work (and still does in 1.5.3)!

Has anyone found the option (to switch back) in a config or lua file? I cannot control the cockpit much at all with the head-mouse. Some switches don't activate. When I click (particularly far away switches), sometimes the OVR_Home(or some other app) window appears on top of the DCS windows and I lose focus and then I have no control. The mouse pointer should not lose focus! Am I trying to use the head-pointer correctly - i.e. hover over the cockpit switch with the little yellow rectangle (how do you get rid of it) and then click the left mouse button?

It's very frustrating - fortunately, I chiefly control the cockpit with voice control and HOTAS buttons - but I still have the yellow rectangle in the center of my focus. I really appreciate the wonderful smoothness of the Time Warp, but this new (unappreciated) head-pointer just is an annoyance and keeps me from demoing this new release to others.

@SkateZilla - please make this problem very clear to ED - if you can - thanks

PC HW 9700K@5.0Ghz

Win 10 (Build 2004 ) with WMR

VR - Reverb

RTX2070 with Nvidia 451.48

DCS 2.5.6 (latest)