New Saitek Stick!!

About the so called X-52PRO, If you have valuable ideas, express your self guys express yourself !!

http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=9880

It's important, we are the hardcore simmers (there are millions more simmers who just buy the products and use it few minutes per week but we're always here discussing how the real thing should be) and we have to say our ideas about our toys !!

Robbie.

I mean why put 1980’s style video recorder buttons on the X52? .. it just looks so out of place.

It doesnt "look" out of place. IT IS out of place, because the whole concept of hotas implies that you dont have to release your hands to press the buttons. Sometimes my old sticks instints still surface and I still hit thin air where there should be an indicator and thumb buttons wich do not exist in the X52. Kinda like Charlie Brown hits the atmosphere when trying to kick that ball (american footbal...oval ball :lol: )

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Here’s something pretty irritating; the X36.

http://www.maximum3d.com/images/saitek/x363.jpg

http://www.maximum3d.com/previewpics/x36.jpg

As you can see they started out so well with a professional looking Hotas and then they just went down hill. Why some “brainiac” at Saitek decided to move away from this design and dive straight into a more toy like construction is just a total mystery to me.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

The Saitek pedals are $50 more than the CH pedals and not nearly as programmable or durable. They are better in the width than the CH though. Not enuf for me to switch I'm afraid. :D

How do u know how durable Saiteks pedals are ?

I have never had durability problems with any of my hotas.. and as many of you I use them a lot.. dunno where the durability issue is .

Why some “brainiac” at Saitek decided to move away from this design and dive straight into a more toy like construction is just a total mystery to me.

Becouse their ideas sell probably. I like MUCH more the X52 than that X-36 btw..

Robbie.

Yup...the X-36 went on the right track, followed by the X45 and X52 which definitely were improvements in the right direction, but then came this "THING", which completely fell off the charts..

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

Yup...the X-36 went on the right track, followed by the X45 and X52 which definitely were improvements in the right direction, but then came this "THING", which completely fell off the charts..

Disso consider that the Aviator is not a sequel of the X52... is just a toy for noobs..

Robbie.

I played with them a bit at E3. The spring loaded detents for adjusting the foot size will be the first thing to break. And they're too squishy for my likes, even on the easiest setting. Additionally, I went thru 3 X45's during the two year warranty I had on them. Haven't had a problem with my CH stuff and I've had them for 2+ years now.

ok Nostradamus, will be, but how do you know duude?

Robbie.

oh well in Italy they just heard about the X-52... eheh but I'm gonna try it for sure, I need some fresh air around my ballz and these wider pedals look like a good solution!! I'll let you know when they broke.. Hey RuggButtDamus can you give me a date when the pedals will break ?? ;-)

The best stuff will probably next CH prods.. but it will be 2017 probably..

goin to sleep now, 3 in the night in Italy.. seeya

Robbie.

Becouse their ideas sell probably. I like MUCH more the X52 than that X-36 btw..

You like the feel of it or the looks of it? Personally, I could never own X52 because it's too abnoxious looking. But if you meant it feels better, I might consider this X52 Pro because it looks quite decent. Finally some sense in Saitek. I was afraid I will be forced to search out for old and little used X36s.

I'd buy the Cougar but since I'm not from the States, getting replacements parts would be a pain. Too bad it's mechanics are not up to the casing quality which is really something.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

You like the feel of it or the looks of it?

Both, but I only use the Throttle of the X52, not the stick. I love the throttle and the stick shape and buttons, I don't like the gimbal system. But my comment on your previous post was about the AV8r, I know it sucks but it's probably what avarage gamers want.

Robbie.

You like the feel of it or the looks of it? Personally, I could never own X52 because it's too abnoxious looking. But if you meant it feels better, I might consider this X52 Pro because it looks quite decent. Finally some sense in Saitek. I was afraid I will be forced to search out for old and little used X36s.

I'd buy the Cougar but since I'm not from the States, getting replacements parts would be a pain. Too bad it's mechanics are not up to the casing quality which is really something.

Exactly how I feel about the design blocking my purchase.

To a flighsimmer esthetics is important and the lack of options in buying a hotas is frustrating enough with out Saitek making, what is seemingly a good design, look like a toy. The X52 pro, in the pics on this thread, does look like they are moving back on track so hopefully there will be a real “medium spend” option for simmers.

I think the next time I buy a joystick its gonna have to be the CH gear. It costs a lot more but they never break down so in the long run it will be more than worth it.. also the fact that it looks and feels very professional.

joystick-ch-1.jpg

CH_Throttle.jpg

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In my view I dont care if the stick was painted ghey-pink with yelow spots on it. The shape is the same, the ergonomy is the same and when your flying you wont look at it anyway. I wont buy the X52 because of its looks, and it seems to have the very same overall configuration anyway.

My PC specs below:

I think the next time I buy a joystick its gonna have to be the CH gear. It costs a lot more but they never break down so in the long run it will be more than worth it.. also the fact that it looks and feels very professional.

I have to admit I don't like the CH-looks. With Saitek, they didn't mimic any real gear so I can live with the off looks (the subtle, X36 design, not the Star Wars X52) especially since it's good quality material (X36). But CH copied the F-16 stick and throttle and that throttle just looks way off to me. I don't like the plastic and the buttons, too. If I searched for one word to describe it, sterile would be it. I know I'd be much more satisfied if I invested that money in the Cougar even if it meant getting some expensive pots later on.

I guess this doesn't make much sense since it's not affecting functionality and iis more like some primadona ranting but still..

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I have to admit I don't like the CH-looks. With Saitek, they didn't mimic any real gear so I can live with the off looks (the subtle, X36 design, not the Star Wars X52) especially since it's good quality material (X36). But CH copied the F-16 stick and throttle and that throttle just looks way off to me. I don't like the plastic and the buttons, too. If I searched for one word to describe it, sterile would be it. I know I'd be much more satisfied if I invested that money in the Cougar even if it meant getting some expensive pots later on.

I guess this doesn't make much sense since it's not affecting functionality and iis more like some primadona ranting but still..

I like the cougar but the buttons just look a bit cheap imo, especially on the throttle where you can see the copper underneath the plastic housing.. not very well fitted at all. I guess it comes down to preference when talking about the Cougar and the Ch gear, personally I don’t mind the plastic as long as it’s built solidly although it would be great if it was made of steel like the cougar. However if I bought a cougar then had to spend another cougar joystick’s worth of money on parts just to get it to work as it should, then I’d be pretty pissed off. You are right about the CH throttle though but I think it fits with the Russian style of aircraft a little better seeing as the throttle slides rather than pivots.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For those who have a worn out x 45 and dont like the twist rudder of the X 52.

Would it be possible to connect the X45 throttle with the X52 stick and this way keep the rudder rockers assigned to the throttle ?

Nope, IIRC X45 stick is connected to the PC and the rudder then connects to the Stick base, in X52 case is the other way around. Also X45 rudder connects to the stick via a Gameport type connector and X52 Stick connects to the rudder via a PS/2 connector.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

You are right about the CH throttle though but I think it fits with the Russian style of aircraft a little better seeing as the throttle slides rather than pivots.

You've got a point there. I almost exclusively fly with Russian planes, anyway.

Too bad that Thrustmaster is not considering upgrading their Cougar. C'mon, why would you expect me to spend like $400 to get a stick with cheap pots and plastic buttons, then another $400 to go over the trouble of modding the stick? If Thrustmaster even try renewing their line of production and do better promotions, they surely will win a larger share of the market. But right now Saitek seems like a more friendly choice.

BTW, is there any reason why only there are only 2 Hat switch on the Saitek's? How expensive could it be to add one more hat switch?

BTW, is there any reason why only there are only 2 Hat switch on the Saitek's? How expensive could it be to add one more hat switch?

Theres 3 actualy, on the front of the throttle. 4 if you program the mini stick to act as that. For cheap HOTAS, what would you expect?

My PC specs below:

here we go THAT S the next bad ass kick stick

02-03.07 looks like they maybe keep up with date of fsx and Blackshark

x52detail3bh6.jpg

x52prora5.jpg

x52detail1ic2.jpg

If they arent watching us they will go out of business. thanks for the post, hope it works.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/