Colored roofs 1.1

This mode changes the default buildings textures with colored roofs and some buildings.

Someone like this mod and some not. So please download it from here if you like. Due to limitations in file size on the "User Files" I had to set it up on another server.

Installation: replace file Buildings_textures.zip located here ->

your HDD drive eg. C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\terrains\CaucasusBase\vfstextures , or the corresponding JSGME folder.

An alternative link

And few screen-shoots

Colored-Roofs1.jpg

Colored-Roofs3.jpg

Colored-Roofs4.jpg

Colored-Roofs5.jpg

Colored-Roofs2.jpg

Colored-Roofs6.jpg

Colored-Roofs7.jpg

Colored-Roofs8.jpg

Colored-Roofs9.jpg

Edited by kobac
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

Very nice! Looks much closer to what would really be there than the default. This helps to create a better sense of place. Thank you.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Hi Kobac.

Good to see you started a new thread for your mod. I asked a question in PicksKings mod thread (sorry PicksKing) about what file in the Buildings_textures.zip that it is that you actually modified. Was it just the block_texture.bmp.dds file? I would like to use your colourful rooftops in my own mixed terrain texture package. The roofs look really good.

Regards,

Milli

Awesome work!

How do we integrate this into Starway or Barthek textures mod?

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

Very cool Mod, every thing looks awesome. Thanks for sharing!:thumbup:

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2 Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit/ X52 & CH Pedals/ MSI DS502 GAMING Headset

That looks awesome! :thumbup:

On the other hand, Starway's great texture mod also replaces many of the building textures, and for the time being, I wouldn't want to miss that.

Can anyone tell if the mods can be easily merged?

Edit: Didn't see AstroEma asked that question already; being able to merge it with Barthek's textures, and Mustang's, while we're at it, would be great indeed. :)

unzip this mod file and find all dds files that are modified after Jun 2016, copy and paste them into starway's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Thanks uboats, that worked. :thumbup:

However, when I install this mod, I get a lot of flickering, probably when the LOD changes. At a certain distance from a building, it has the default roof color, then suddenly it's got a new color.

In order to make sure I hadn't just made an error, I tried this without any other texture mod (unless JSGME left something it shouldn't have) and still got the same results - lots of flickering.

Test-scenario:

DCS 1.5.3.53279.80 (Release)

Mission -> A-10C -> Free Flight, and then in a descent flying right over Kutaisi (I believe that mission is set to January, so maybe the season has something to do with it).

At the right distance, this mod looks absolutely fantastic, but the flickering I experience is a pretty big showstopper unfortunately. :(

The multi-colored rooftops seem to disappear with increased distance. When I'm high I cannot see the colors; only when I'm lower and closer to them do they switch to different colors.

Is it supposed to be this way?

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

This mini mod you can use with Starway and with Barthek terrain textures. Simply replace the Buildings_textures.zip file as I explained in the first post (located eg. C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\terrains\CaucasusBase\vfstextures).

@Mili I've changed about 54 texture files

airport_babushara_new.bmp.dds

airport_babushara_new_01.bmp.dds

block_texture.bmp.dds

bufet.dds

cafe.bmp.dds

cinema_b.dds

cinema_b.bmp.dds

d_sad_a.bmp.dds

dom2a.bmp.dds

dom2b.tga.dds

domik1b.bmp.dds

domik1c.bmp.dds

domik1d.bmp.dds

ferma_a.dds

ferma_a.bmp.dds

garage_b.dds

garagh-small-b.bmp.dds

home1_a.bmp.dds

home1_c.bmp.dds

home1ug_a.bmp.dds

home1ug_b.bmp.dds

home1ug_c.bmp.dds

home1ug_c_ilum.png.dds

home2_b.bmp.dds

home2_c.bmp.dds

home3_e.tga.dds

home3c.bmp.dds

home52_hr.tga.dds

home52_st.dds

home52_st.bmp.dds

home53_hr.dds

home53_hr.tga.dds

home53_st.dds

home53_st.bmp.dds

hotel_b.tga.dds

hozdomik2.dds

hozdomik2.bmp.dds

hozdomik3.bmp.dds

kam_h.bmp.dds

klub_b.bmp.dds

korpus_b1.bmp.dds

kotelnaya_b.bmp.dds

polyklinika_a.dds

polyklinika_a.bmp.dds

s2.bmp.dds

school_a.bmp.dds

stolovaya.bmp.dds

stolovaya1.bmp.dds

tennis.tga.dds

vok_sim_e.bmp.dds

vyshka_diff.bmp.dds

vyshka_diff_crush.bmp.dds

vyshka_diff_lod01.bmp.dds

wc.bmp.dds

In block_texture.bmp.dds I'm modified only a single roof, which I was able to distinguish. Based on this, I realized that DCS engine crossings from individual textures to the block_texture.bmp.dds when you move away from an object, or increase the altitude.

Therefore, at a long distance or altitude, it remains only one colored roof. :) It would be far easier to do that, if we have a scheme which would tell us which texture corresponding to the file name, and what are the walls and what are the roofs. Thus it is very difficult to guess. So I changed only what was obvious in that file (block_texture.bmp.dds).

@ Maverick263 I explained in the first post. Due to limitations in file size on the "User Files" I had to set it up on another server. Only 100 Mb is allowed.

Edited by kobac

:) In fact, my intention was to a little beautify the DCSW to low flying and helicopters virtual pilots. To those who fly high, anyway barely distinguish individual buildings, and to them is not so important. :smilewink:

I would like to thank everyone who sent me kind words and words of support. Thank you! In particular, this means to me from Ironhand - the legend, with his tutorials I began to fly from the time LockOn. :thumbup:

For those people who cann't take file, here's another link.

Edited by kobac

@ Maverick263 I explained in the first post. Due to limitations in file size on the "User Files" I had to set it up on another server. Only 100 Mb is allowed.

you dont need to keep all un-modified files. You can just make a folder with name 'building_texture' (same to the zip), and put all your modified dds inside, and put this folde under Mods\terrains\CaucasusBase\vfstextures\

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

you dont need to keep all un-modified files. You can just make a folder with name 'building_texture' (same to the zip), and put all your modified dds inside, and put this folde under Mods\terrains\CaucasusBase\vfstextures\

Thank you Uboats :thumbup:

even with heli flying , buildings look flickering and very white.

using with starway mod

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15EF-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

What is MIPS? Which software is used for Windows?

MIPS - levels in dds, when save in dds check "generate all mips". I use Photosop and plugin from Nvidia

Mip2.thumb.jpg.bc8ba868a90c10f4f9b0f67a41d5c46c.jpg

Edited by Leva
Insert picture

What is MIPS? Which software is used for Windows?

Here are some useful links:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mipmap

If you use Photoshop you can use the free dds plugin from Nvidia, found here:

https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

Gimp users can use this plugin:

https://code.google.com/archive/p/gimp-dds/

A thread from this forum:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144449&highlight=mipmap

Regards,

Milli