Tigershark

What I would like to see developed, would be a F-16XL

No thanks. Plenty of great planes with remarkable history and heritage to be made before i'd like an F-16XL.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-- i7 4790K

-- Club 3D R9 290X Royal Ace SOC

-- Asus Maximus VII Ranger

-- G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3-2400 CL10

-- Gelid Tranquillo rev.2

-- Corsair RM850

-- Corsair 760T White

-- Windows 10

• 1 month later...
Wouldnt it be a lot similar to the already released F-5? (Sorry I know nothing about the F-20)

Visually sure but its would be a completely new aircraft as a whole.

The Airframe design etc is very similar (as the F-20 was based to a large part on the F-5E).

But the F-20 has a more powerfull engine (and is single engine instead of Twin engine) and has alot more advanced avionics / systems.

The F-20 is over all pretty comparable to the F-16 (of the same time period as the F-20) in terms of capabilities and systems

(The F-20 was capable of Mach 2.0 able to carry BVR weapons like the Aim-7 that was available at the time as well as air-ground weapons like the AGM-65 etc).

The F-20 was over all a very good aircraft and for the customers it was aimed at it would have been perfect (just like the F-5 it was aimed at export to nations that wanted modern and advanced aircraft but at an affordable price point)

and it would most likely have been successful but sadly politics contributed in it never getting a customer

(the US government more or less prevented several purchases from interested nations)

I like the F-20 and it was a damn shame that it was never given a chance and i think it would have been very successful for being so cost effective while still being amongst the best performance wise.

But im still leaning towards that there are allot of other aircraft that have actually seen widespread service that should be added first.

Edited by mattebubben

Visually sure but its would be a completely new aircraft as a whole.

The Airframe design etc is very similar (as the F-20 was based to a large part on the F-5E).

But the F-20 has a more powerfull engine (and is single engine instead of Twin engine) and has alot more advanced avionics / systems.

The F-20 is over all pretty comparable to the F-16 (of the same time period as the F-20) in terms of capabilities and systems

(The F-20 was capable of Mach 2.0 able to carry BVR weapons like the Aim-7 that was available at the time as well as air-ground weapons like the AGM-65 etc).

The F-20 was over all a very good aircraft and for the customers it was aimed at it would have been perfect (just like the F-5 it was aimed at export to nations that wanted modern and advanced aircraft but at an affordable price point)

and it would most likely have been successful but sadly politics contributed in it never getting a customer

(the US government more or less prevented several purchases from interested nations)

I like the F-20 and it was a damn shame that it was never given a chance and i think it would have been very successful for being so cost effective while still being amongst the best performance wise.

But im still leaning towards that there are allot of other aircraft that have actually seen widespread service that should be added first.

Oh nice thanks for the info! So beside the look, they are totally different bird!

I really like the look of the F-5, wouldnt mind a more powerfull and armed version :D

• 2 weeks later...
What I would like to see developed, would be a F-16XL

I would like to see the F-20 in DCS and a bit cheaper jets just like the F-5 A-10 Su-25 L-39 Mig 21 Su-27 Su-33.... and many many others......"is it possible"?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

Considering the Hawk has actual service and name recognition world wide and all pilots in certain air forces have at least flown the aircraft and still do for example:(Instructors, Typhoon, Harrier, tornado, F18 pilots and very soon F35) sure why not. The Hawk is a good stepping stone in that regard. An f20 would be a nice aircraft but I would rather see aircraft with an actual history behind it. Especially more Eastern aircraft

I agree,

The F-20 is an interesting aircraft that i like.

But there are allot of aircraft that should be added first (those who add to the game and help to fill out historical rosters to help with existing scenarios).

And more eastern aircraft are currently the most important when it comes to helping out possible scenarios since the eastern side is currently lacking aircraft.

Personally i would love either some fast russian strike aircraft (Su-17/22 or Mig-27) and some fighters like the Mig-23 as well as possibly some Chinese aircraft since there are multiple interesting russian Fighters and Strike aircraft that would fit nicely into the game (J-7,J-8,JH-7 Q/A-5).

So some day in the future i would love to see a F-20 but there are allot of things that deserve to be added first.

Oh I'm not arguing that a solid service record would be needed, I just thought it was funny in an argument against the Tigershark when there are modules here that are more or less trainers and also don't have much of a service record. Forgive my ignorance, I just don't feel building a few airframes to be combat capable as having a service record. There isn't much of one, excellent trainer yep, service record nah. I would say the Tweet has more of a service record than the Hawk. If it has been used in combat I would like to know more about it, really.

As for the F-20 itself, I would rather see every other type of aircraft before it in DCS simply because we have the F-5, which is pretty much the same plane with smaller engines, and it wasn't put into production.

~S

But the hawk did have a good combat and service history, as we know it was an effective and well known trainer aircraft, it provided COIN operations for the Malaysian government, provided air support for Congolese and Zimbabwe troops in the Second Congolese war, the hawk provided essential air support in the Indonesian invasion of East Timor and not to mention it beat a mirage 2000 and f16 and many aircraft in dogfights in military excersises like red flag. I bet the T37 can't even hold a candle up to that record. Now that it comes down to it I would rather have the Hawk 200 (basically a mini f16c) which has more capability and service history than a f20 would dream of.

Also in terms of trainer which you think have no place, the L39 served in countless combat operations with many countries like Iraq, Chechnya, Abkhazia in which L39s provided air defense for pro russian forces against Georgian drones and recon aircraft where it shot down one, COIN operations for counties of which it was in service and is one of the most effective and numerous aircraft providing air support for the Syrian Government especially in the bombing of Aleppo (you probably already hear of that on the news and videos from Live Leak).

the hawk provided essential air support in the Indonesian invasion of East Timor

Not it's finest hour...

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

F-20 Tigershark

I think too that the Tigershark its not a priority now.....the jet is just a improved F-5....for those who like to fly "mean" machines here is a drawing.

northrop-f-20-tigershark.jpg.26cf60c313399966833136e0be006ba1.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

Never went into production or saw service with any country = irrelevant to DCS.

And thats why the Su-25T is in the game?.

Since that was little more then a prototype...

It was tested in combat because there was a war on while they were still being tested.

But it never entered full production.

(With only 13 aircraft total being made 3 being basic prototypes and 8 being "production" aircraft).

The F-20 in the end was in a combat ready state so its not much less of a prototype then the Su-25T was...

(3 F-20s were made).

And i would not say its not relevant to DCS as much as there are other aircraft that should take precedence and be added first.

But the F-20 was an interesting and there very some nations that were very interested.

And Taiwan even wanted to buy it but Politics stopped the purchase.