Please make the game support IP change finally.

D4n

HURRAAAAAH ORSO MY HERO ! ! !

UNPLUGGING MY TAE PLUG FROM THE TELEPHONE PORT IN MY WALL (sry 4 caps btw) GAVE ME NEW IP ! ! ! ! LETS SEE tonight if I FINALLY KEEP my IP between 1 and 3 am!!! :D

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noooope as expected, EVERY night disconnect, NO MATTER if 24 hours reached or not.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Your ISP Must really have an issue with traffic and servers.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

What do you mean by "issue" ?

WdNggWw_700w_0.jpg

Okay, I guess you're screwed in this case. Thanks for baring with me for so long. Sorry I couldn't find a solution :cry:

SkateZilla means that O2 is taking a paranoid, and actually very lazy, stance on dealing with servers connected behind 'private' DSL connections (that's the purpose of forcing a disconnect).

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

You mean they want to make it hard for me to host a server on my PC? :D WELL THERE IS DYNAMIC DNS!!! :D Screw u O2 xD (I used it in past with my own on my PC hosted teamspeak server, (danielnl.ddns.net free from www.no-ip.com) and with the free DUC tool from no-ip it'll auto update my new IP to the DNS every 5 minutes (or dirtectly on request if I click it manually). So much about hosting a server on my PC.

Yeah but it's true, only workaround so far could be accomplished by DCS itself.

What do you mean by "issue" ?

For them to be so strict w/ the IP Leasing and Remote Lease Renewals Nightly even if your IP was leased for less than 12 hours,

Then they have severely strict issues w/ users running servers etc, and circumventing any policy they have in place, by Physical means or Digital/Software (Ie Asking ED to Integrate a Long Pause/User Timeout so you can resume playing as soon as you are re-connected), would likely cause the ISP to be angry and suspend your account.

I dealt with a DSL ISP that did similar things, ie if traffic exceeded a specific amount they would close all connections outgoing and incomming, and re-direct any browsers to their policy webpage until you called Customer Service Rep, Lucky for me the only place I dealt with that was on a campus DSL account.

I have a Server Package for my Home and Run a Stack for games etc, It runs 24/7 non stop and there's never a problem, unless it downloads from specific networks and protocols. Outside of that, my IP on the Server Package hasnt changed in a long time, my normal Cable Modem IP prolly changes every 4 years.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Atleast all german DSL ISPs that are not Telekom have this issue.

] )

Wrong, plain not true.

I do service on home user's routers ( Fritz!Box's and such ) and enterprise class devices on dynamic & static IP lines and have come across most routers used in germany and many ISP's, with each one I had at least 1 phone call :)

Telekom has both, static and dynamic IP, depending on your contract you may be able to opt for static for an extra charge. With new ALL-IP lines things look different again, it is available again only for an extra charge but you DO NOT have the DISCONNECT every 24h !!! BUT ..IF you do..you get a new IP. So if u dont reboot your router, it will keep its IP until.. ;)

Reason is simple as it is obvious. All-IP carries your PHONE and thus no one wants a disconnect if its not needed.

Many others handle it same way, my own ISP too, same IP on standard, non-All-IP, ADSL until I reboot my router, Fritz!Box.

With Telekom, you might even encounter that despite you may have set a diff time for the daily disconnect that it will still do exactly 4.00pm...as I have with 1 customer. Its DSLAM based to some extend, like push pull...if you disconn sooner than 24h is over you will not get disconn at a certain GIVEN time, just if you stay ON for 24h01min it will force a disconn from DSLAM :) SOme used to always disconn 1x daily at 2am

This problem will fade away as ALL Telekom wants to move to ALL-IP -.......a drama of it's own hehe :)

Also, you cannot reassign an IP in xDSL from Router<-->DSLAM without a reconnect which always takes a few seconds, from 5 to 30 sec. maybe typically, so if it happens, forget your DCS session/question. Silly to even think about fixing that issue.

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• ED Team

Wow 9 pages already !

I think the real issue here is why are you gaming at 02:00 in the morning when your ip changes :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

You mean they want to make it hard for me to host a server on my PC? :D WELL THERE IS DYNAMIC DNS!!! :D Screw u O2 xD (I used it in past with my own on my PC hosted teamspeak server, (danielnl.ddns.net free from www.no-ip.com) and with the free DUC tool from no-ip it'll auto update my new IP to the DNS every 5 minutes (or dirtectly on request if I click it manually). So much about hosting a server on my PC.

Yeah but it's true, only workaround so far could be accomplished by DCS itself.

You might be OK to host a game server with that webservice, I do exactly same thing.

Aynthing else but testing and R&D is risky on such free services for many reasons:smartass:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Wow 9 pages already !

I think the real issue here is why are you gaming at 02:00 in the morning when your ip changes :)

Well, as of 1st hand customer experience: There are lines that disconn at exactly 4pm every day.

I have like 1k emails for exactly that disconn as the DynDNS system sends me mail with every change of the line.

Every day when I hear 2 mails shortly after each other I know its SHARP 4.00pm, EVERY DAMN DAY :)

Most ISP's do that at night, yes, between 2-4am usually. Buut as said, since they all move too All-IP services with Phones and even TV on it the forced disconn policy ( with no real tech reason behind but saving IPs ) has changed to true CONSTANT ON but a DHCP based IP policy.

I thinki I should call Tkom and ask them to kick that 1 DSLAM tray that kicks that DSL at 4p,m evey day, even after transition to ALL-IP services and new Fritz!Box...same 4pm....setting is set to 2am.

That much to how much you can do about it if the DSLAM doesnt want to. You disconn when you set it AND at 4pm..well now only 4pm since ALL-IP no disconn...but this line. LOL

Should write a book. Things no one beliefs :D

Well cause OP BlueFlag has most players at night (american pilots)...

Connecting to a Server in the USA from Germany even w/ Broadband, if asking for latency, high pings, and lag.

Was that a question? :P Well all the server lag got fixed by last patch, and OP BlueFlag server is based in Greece... ;)

What is the actual "tickrate" in DCS btw?

• 6 months later...

Still happening btw, I even have to restart the game again to get the servers back in the serverbrowser.

My broadband connection also moved to dynamic IP last year after the modems got their static IP via DHCP for many years.

But even now, the IP doesn't change for months.

Those are hardcore type measures that we do not know in our country, people would revolt here :p I know I would.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Those are hardcore type measures that we do not know in our country, people would revolt here :p I know I would.

What country are you from? How would you know if severy other ISPs in your country DO change IPs every 24h ? I mean people would otherwise host servers in their homes/start a business in their homes... :P

Edited OP post to better clarify situation (copied my post #2 from page 2 into OP, so new users don't have to read all the 95 posts in this thread to understand what the point is)

• 1 month later...

Any progress in DEV team? :) Still about to smash my keyboard when I flew 60 km in mistral to get disconnected...

• Like 1

3. Dynamic IP solves many problems in setting up a general wide area network from ISP point of view. Not able to explain better, since that specific part is not well covered in my know-to-do list.

You avoid many IPv4 address pool size limitations and extend the time when you really need to invest to IPv6 your whole infrastructure.

When a ISP gets a connection, it has a customer data and it will assign a IP for that customer. Now, that customer might be online all the time or just once a month, the IP would be assigned to that customer.

Now, once you start having a lots of customers, you need to assign a IP for each and everyone of them, regardless are they online or not.

So just dynamically changing IP, you can avoid reserving an IP to customer for as long as the customer doesn't initiate the service.

This was one reason longer time ago when you just pooled the IP addresses and when there was no customer making a connection, then it was one IP more that was reserved for others in need.

But the real reason really is that you keep cycling IP addresses for the billing for server uses. That is the technical thing so you really get more money to get the constant IP. Mainly from gamers etc whom online community games usually required constant IP. Like a Team Speak server might have locked to your IP as account. Or a hosting the game server to friends so they can connect to you.

Just a nasty business part.

I have had same IP for 5 years now... It is technically a dynamic IP, but as long ISP has more free IP addresses in pool, they don't change the IP.

I can do all the tricks in the book that should cycle my IP, but noting does it as it is simply just to opposite from the OP, the IP is assigned to my account and it stay there.

Okay, technically I have 5 IP addresses assigned to my account, but I just use one because I run all through NAT.

I would be so happy to have the capability even to request new IP via access point, even when I don't need it. But just so that I could do it if I want.

If I would have that cycling the OP has, I would go crazy. Every service would register a different IP. A Gmail would go crazy about me logging in via new computer on every day. A incapability to run computer 24/7 if I want so and be accessible via my mobile devices (over VPN to my home server).

I just find it so odd that they really swap the IP so dramatically middle of the connection just for business sake!

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.