Want DCS F-117A Stealth Fighter 3.0, who with me?

SandMartin

It will be cool sequel for microprose's f-117A stealth fighter 2.0 game))

Stealth shooter and tactic gameplay like splinter cell in dcs world)

Edited by SandMartin

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

Eal4fep7pK4

rdIZdDvpYJE

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=153525

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I would say no, at least for now.

The F-117 besides stealth, has very limited capabilities.

But I would vote for an F-4E. :)

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

count me in. b1- b2 or f-117 hell yeah

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15EF-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

It'd be an interesting aircraft to learn

A potentially interesting MP aircraft as you could set up some scenarios where a couple of F-117's stealth in and precision strike on some AA targets to clear the way for other players in other aircraft.

Wouldn't have much use in SP though considering it only carries a couple of bombs and can't do anything else.

Plus, currently maps are a bit too small for a mission requiring navigation skills to be put to use.

Even if fully modeled, it would not be able to attack any SAM or IADS, is not invisible to radar, just harder to see.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Actually flying one, in a RL mission profile, would be about as exciting as driving a tour bus from New York to LA.

Take off, fly the profile for a few hours, push the pickle when the computer tells you to, turn around and go home.

Yes, they look cool but that coolness would wear off quick if you did it for a living.

@Jarlerus

IIRC, mvsgas knows a wee bit more about this aircraft than, pretty much, all of us put together.

Edited by cichlidfan
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Why not?

Because it was not built for nor is it capable. It can't carry any anti radar missile or any missiles for that matter, no jammer, no radios, no chaff, no flare, can only do about 4g and it is subsonic. The radars can see it if they get close enough, how is it going to get close enough to hit a radar? I guess it can after a flight of Tornados ECR or USAF F-16C block 50/52 kills the radar the F-117 can bomb what ever is still there.

• Like 2

To whom it may concern,

Actually flying one, in a RL mission profile, would be about as exciting as driving a tour bus from New York to LA.

Take off, fly the profile for a few hours, push the pickle when the computer tells you to, turn around and go home.

Yes, they look cool but that coolness would wear off quick if you did it for a living.

@Jarlerus

IIRC, mvsgas knows a wee bit more about this aircraft than, pretty much, all of us put together.

I agree with your comments, though I would still like the module. The same could be said about all of the trainers as well - yet I enjoyed them all.

Because it was not built for nor is it capable. It can't carry any anti radar missile or any missiles for that matter, no jammer, no radios, no chaff, no flare, can only do about 4g and it is subsonic. The radars can see it if they get close enough, how is it going to get close enough to hit a radar? I guess it can after a flight of Tornados ECR or USAF F-16C block 50/52 kills the radar the F-117 can bomb what ever is still there.

Agreed, however, navigating tight corridors to strike a single target behind enemy lines and then get out without getting your tail roasted can be fun as well.

If one were to talk about real-life mission profiles, 90% of the multiplayer servers would be empty. You know with all of the ROE, loitering for 4+ hours only to drop a single bomb - etc...

If done right, it can be enjoyable. I understand why a lot of people would not want the module themselves, why short-change the community if there is enough interest from others?

Imagine if you will, a module you were interested in, the DCS community picks 'x' reason why that module should not be done; thus plans are scrapped. Should you all of the sudden decide that you too do not want said module?

Shorty story:

If a developer wants to put their efforts into a module, let them. If the community wants a module you don't want, so be it. We will all benefit from every module released - even the WWII stuff...

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I agree with your comments, though I would still like the module. The same could be said about all of the trainers as well - yet I enjoyed them all.

I don't disagree with you on that point.

I actually have an SR-71 for FSX. I think I have flown it twice.

The idea is awesome but as a viable, DCS level, module I really don't think that the return on investment would be viable. That doesn't even begin to address the negotiations that would be required, in today's world, for a Russian company to have access to some of the data that ED would need to do it right.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It goes both ways in the plethora of wish list. Some of us want something, and some of us don't. Non of our opinions matter as long as we keep buying.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I don't disagree with you on that point.

I actually have an SR-71 for FSX. I think I have flown it twice.

The idea is awesome but as a viable, DCS level, module I really don't think that the return on investment would be viable. That doesn't even begin to address the negotiations that would be required, in today's world, for a Russian company to have access to some of the data that ED would need to do it right.

I agree, in addition, how many people bought the C-101 when compared to the mirage or the A-10C

To whom it may concern,

rzqee4bbjpel13pthvn7.jpg

To whom it may concern,

I agree, in addition, how many people bought the C-101 when compared to the mirage or the A-10C

Not me, for example.

Now that is a labour of love....

Or a significant salary.......:lol: