[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

15 hours ago, Uxi said:

The idea is definitely intriguing.  Where to start, though?  

For what categories would we want different wave files?

That is actually pretty easy.

Go to your /user/documents/ folder, there is a folder „sound module samples“.

Copy the files from „base“ to „custom“. Than you can fiddle with them with any generic sound editor (or wave editor).

I e.g. tried to „lift“ some effect from 20Hz to 25Hz because my transducer doesn‘t go that deep...

But as I said, I am not punished with enough talent....

The default effects are a mixed bag for me. Some I like very much and find them feeling „real“, e.g. Landing Gear Locking or Flaps.

Others, not so much. E.g. Guns (for Jets) or G-effects....

that is for my diy-buttkicker. I can‘t compare how they feel with a Jetseat.

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

8 hours ago, =Andre= said:

@Andre

Can I ask you a couple more questions?

Are the .wav files provided with the Sound Module the same audio samples, that are provided as .uwv with SSA? Or are there more/other samples for the Jetseat?

How can I edit the UWV-files? I read the instructions on your homepage but I get an error "file not found" when I try to open UWV-editor from SSA.

Am I correct, that the same files are used for every aircraft (that is every rotor, propeller or jet-aircraft) and the different templates for each aircraft only set the magnitude and appliance of the effects?

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

1 hour ago, Hiob said:

@Andre

Can I ask you a couple more questions?

Are the .wav files provided with the Sound Module the same audio samples, that are provided as .uwv with SSA? Or are there more/other samples for the Jetseat?

How can I edit the UWV-files? I read the instructions on your homepage but I get an error "file not found" when I try to open UWV-editor from SSA.

UWV files are for JetSeat/JetPad only.

Am I correct, that the same files are used for every aircraft (that is every rotor, propeller or jet-aircraft) and the different templates for each aircraft only set the magnitude and appliance of the effects?

No, that's not always true. In case of SSA it may be so and may be not. You can see in the log window in SSA or SSM which files are used in a particular case.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah, ok...

Since I'm using a diy buttkicker I only need the wav-files anyway.

I think I've narrowed down my "problem" with the default effects and how to solve them.

I'm experiencing a vast difference of magnitude in the effects, which is probably the reason, that I'm only half happy with it.

E.g. I have to tune down "g-effects" to 10 or even 5, since they would demolish my house otherwise (a little exaggeration 😄, but kinda true) on the other hand I can barely feel "stall effects" even on the highest setting. That may be due to the fact that my transducer is somewhat limited with very low frequencies (<25hz)...

but I learned how I can tune the audiofiles (which I was able to identify with the logging) with audacity. I've just made the first steps, but I will try to somewhat "harmonize" the loudness levels of the most important effects....and see how this will work out.

56 minutes ago, Hiob said:

Ah, ok...

Since I'm using a diy buttkicker I only need the wav-files anyway.

I think I've narrowed down my "problem" with the default effects and how to solve them.

I'm experiencing a vast difference of magnitude in the effects, which is probably the reason, that I'm only half happy with it.

E.g. I have to tune down "g-effects" to 10 or even 5, since they would demolish my house otherwise (a little exaggeration 😄, but kinda true) on the other hand I can barely feel "stall effects" even on the highest setting. That may be due to the fact that my transducer is somewhat limited with very low frequencies (<25hz)...

but I learned how I can tune the audiofiles (which I was able to identify with the logging) with audacity. I've just made the first steps, but I will try to somewhat "harmonize" the loudness levels of the most important effects....and see how this will work out.

Yes, in general that's correct.

You can take any "base" file and replace its waveform with your own, changings the vibration frequency and increasing its amplitude, if the latter is less than 1.

You can  even make its wave form a complex thing, using audio editor tools.

You can fill in some of the channels with the waveforms  and make some others empty.

You've got a space for creativity and imagination.

Edited by =Andre=

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Andre

The original (included) sound files with the SSM were designed by you, is that correct?

The two effects, I like the most are the "whirling" sound of the flaps moving and the distinguished "thump"-sound of the Gear locking/unlocking. I find those very "real".

There is one sound design, I have in mind, but am pretty sure not be able to pull off myself: I'd like too put a deeper "whirling"-sound (modified flaps sound?) between the unlock-"thump" and the locking "thump" of the landing gear. Not sure how DCS exports the gear-deployment though.

Do you think this is possible? (or could you perhaps help me with that? 😇)

2 hours ago, Hiob said:

@Andre

The original (included) sound files with the SSM were designed by you, is that correct?

The two effects, I like the most are the "whirling" sound of the flaps moving and the distinguished "thump"-sound of the Gear locking/unlocking. I find those very "real".

There is one sound design, I have in mind, but am pretty sure not be able to pull off myself: I'd like too put a deeper "whirling"-sound (modified flaps sound?) between the unlock-"thump" and the locking "thump" of the landing gear. Not sure how DCS exports the gear-deployment though.

Do you think this is possible? (or could you perhaps help me with that? 😇)

Yes, the initial samples design is by me. But I will not help you. As I mentioned above, I'm mostly focused on JetSeat/JetPad related tasks. Please excuse me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 hours ago, =Andre= said:

Yes, the initial samples design is by me. But I will not help you. As I mentioned above, I'm mostly focused on JetSeat/JetPad related tasks. Please excuse me.

No need for excuses - I didn't (and shouldn't) really expect you to do.  😄

I just thought asking is free...

You already helped a lot by answering my questions. I thank you very much!!!

• Like 1

The BF-109 doesn't export flaps movement. Everxthing else, and other warbirds work well but the 109 won't.

The logging with the SSA show nothing when the flaps are activated.

Probably just one line in a certain .lua but I don't know where to look.

I'm running the 2.2.0.0 stable version.  But I've had SSA ask me to update to the Beta a few times the past 2 days.  Why is that?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

On 3/26/2021 at 9:30 AM, Hiob said:

The BF-109 doesn't export flaps movement. Everxthing else, and other warbirds work well but the 109 won't.

The logging with the SSA show nothing when the flaps are activated.

Probably just one line in a certain .lua but I don't know where to look.

Thx for reporting this issue... I'll have a look...

11 hours ago, Snacko said:

I'm running the 2.2.0.0 stable version.  But I've had SSA ask me to update to the Beta a few times the past 2 days.  Why is that?

2 hours ago, f4l0 said:

while you‘re on it.

The flaps movement on the P51 is working but kind of stuttering. I‘m not sure if it‘s a bug or a feature...or if there is any other reason for it.

while you‘re on it.
The flaps movement on the P51 is working but kind of stuttering. I‘m not sure if it‘s a bug or a feature...or if there is any other reason for it.

Yes I too have noticed this. Sometimes it’s a smooth continuous sound, other times it sounds like it’s pumping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yes, obviously the export of the flaps movement is interrupted. I‘m just not sure, if it is intended, a fault in the export code, or inevitable in this module.

13 hours ago, Campbell said:

Yes I too have noticed this. Sometimes it’s a smooth continuous sound, other times it sounds like it’s pumping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

13 hours ago, Hiob said:

yes, obviously the export of the flaps movement is interrupted. I‘m just not sure, if it is intended, a fault in the export code, or inevitable in this module.

I guess the reason is, that the flaps move very slowly thus there are frames in which it looks for SSA like the movement has stopped since the values didn't change between frames... Maybe I need to add there some smoothing/interpolation...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, f4l0 said:

I guess the reason is, that the flaps move very slowly thus there are frames in which it looks for SSA like the movement has stopped since the values didn't change between frames... Maybe I need to add there some smoothing/interpolation...

I guess more decimal digits after the point in the flaps position value could be helpful?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@f4I0

@Andre

I'd wish, all developers were so responsive and talkactive with the users like you guys!

2 Thumbs up!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys, I recently updated to the latest beta simshaker for aviator software.

I'm getting buffet in the Mig-29 beginning at about 20 degrees AoA, I'd like to tune it to get it to begin the buffet vibrations at 15 degrees AoA, Anybody know a way I can mod it to do that?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

9 hours ago, Kazansky222 said:

Hey guys, I recently updated to the latest beta simshaker for aviator software.

I'm getting buffet in the Mig-29 beginning at about 20 degrees AoA, I'd like to tune it to get it to begin the buffet vibrations at 15 degrees AoA, Anybody know a way I can mod it to do that?

Just a guess. I would try to add 5 degrees to AoA value for the Mig-29 in the simshaker.lua script file and made the file read only so SSA could not re-write it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I keep reading "dedicated" sound card in threads and requirements. I currently either use VR or a USB sound bar when not in VR.

I just bought a mini subwoofer amplifier and a cheap bass transducer device. Can't I just output from the motherboard audio outputs (3.5mm) to the amp, since those are currently unused? Is there anything else I need?

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

1 minute ago, unlikely_spider said:

I keep reading "dedicated" sound card in threads and requirements. I currently either use VR or a USB sound bar when not in VR.

Can't I just output from the motherboard audio outputs (3.5mm) to the amp, since those are currently unused? 

Yes, you can. That will be your "dedicated" sound card.

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a question.

I used a USB headset for my sound.

how can I use this and keep having my sound ? Do I need a second audio device ?

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5