[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

13 hours ago, YSIAD_RIP said:

I just did a quick test using the "NEW T45".

Similar to what was mentioned earlier for the M2000 vs MB-339 the following situation gave accurate feedback in the T45 for me.

You may get similar results with other planes as well:

For me:

1. I loaded SimShaker for Aviators.
  2. I ran a mission that used the A-4E-C and Simshaker working as designed. 
  3. Exit that mission or choose another slot if both planes are in same mission. 
  4. Loading the T45 and you will see Simshaker for Aviators detect the  Current aircraft: T45 as the A-4E-C using the Model: A-4E-C Module.. I even saw it detect as A-10C once.. Interesting.. 

Cheers. 

Thank you, that works like a charme. Gives me the feeling back again. If there is no haptic feedback while I'm under the HMD it feels just dead.

Simshaker for aviator and the seat pad are just the next best thing after VR

• Like 4

On 1/23/2021 at 6:46 AM, f4l0 said:

Looks strange, could you please check if a simshaker.lua file is in the install directory of SSA. For me its: C:\Program Files (x86)\SimShaker\SimShaker for Aviators Beta\Data

Trying to track this down. I never had this issue prior to reformatting and upgrading my machine last week. Now I get this if I have simshaker set to start with windows. I uninstalled, and reinstalled the beta, and the beta does this too? Trying to go through this huge thread to find others with the issue has been painstakingly difficult. Has there been an official resolution to this?

Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8Ghz, Asus RoG Maximus X Formula, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, EVGA Geforce 2080 Super, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 M.2, 500GB Samsung Pro 860 SSD.

TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Acer 23" x2, Oculus Rift S, FSSB3 Lighting

18 hours ago, Roller25 said:

I would like to use canopy shaking for my motion sim. Is that the same as panel shake? Can you help me with what I need in the export.lua for that effect?

I mostly calculate that stuff from various parameters. Some devs provided me with some special interfaces to detect the cockpit shaking... DCS exports are rather limited...

13 hours ago, HayMak3r said:

Trying to track this down. I never had this issue prior to reformatting and upgrading my machine last week. Now I get this if I have simshaker set to start with windows. I uninstalled, and reinstalled the beta, and the beta does this too? Trying to go through this huge thread to find others with the issue has been painstakingly difficult. Has there been an official resolution to this?

The "Start with Windows"-feature is currently bugged. I got some reports that for some users it lead to issues... Sadly I'm still not able to reproduce the issue on my side...

I can confirm starting the sim in the A4 then loading a mission with the T45 activates SSA with the A4 model for the T45. Nothing like feeling the shake of the speed brakes as you are in the carrier landing pattern  to make you feel you are doing something unnatural.  My traps were significantly worse with SSA than without.

• Like 1

Could this software read dcs telemetry for acceleration and command servos for belt tensioners? 

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Hi. I got SSA and the sound module a few days ago and have been messing around with it. I have an issue with the G feeling effect. When the plane is banked to a side and I pull some G, only the lower side transducer vibrates. I'd like that both sides would vibrate equally no matter the bank angle. Is there any way to achieve that?

3 hours ago, AEK said:

Hi. I got SSA and the sound module a few days ago and have been messing around with it. I have an issue with the G feeling effect. When the plane is banked to a side and I pull some G, only the lower side transducer vibrates. I'd like that both sides would vibrate equally no matter the bank angle. Is there any way to achieve that?

Hi,

I think that's possible. How many transducers at what locations do you have?

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

25 minutes ago, AEK said:

I have two transducers located left and right side of the chair

I see,thank you.

There are 4 samples you need to edit. 

Id = "so_99_3_1L", Description = "G+ feeling left side",
Id = "so_99_3_1R", Description = "G+ feeling right side"

Id = "so_99_3_2L", Description = "G- feeling left side",
Id = "so_99_3_2R", Description = "G- feeling right side",

Each of them consists of two channels (in your case), one of the channels is blank, the other contains a waveform. You need to select the whole waveform, copy and paste it into the blank space of the other channel. Hence you will have the same waveforms in the both channels and you will feel both sides the same way.

More details about editing samples please see at the SimShaker Sound Module User Guide https://simshaker.com/guides/sound/

Edited by =Andre=

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

16 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

Could this software read dcs telemetry for acceleration and command servos for belt tensioners? 

No, you might need to develop your own software... Getting acceleration data from DCS is rather simple, controlling the motors might be a bit more tricky...

10 hours ago, =Andre= said:

I see,thank you.

There are 4 samples you need to edit. 

Id = "so_99_3_1L", Description = "G+ feeling left side",
Id = "so_99_3_1R", Description = "G+ feeling right side"

Id = "so_99_3_2L", Description = "G- feeling left side",
Id = "so_99_3_2R", Description = "G- feeling right side",

Each of them consists of two channels (in your case), one of the channels is blank, the other contains a waveform. You need to select the whole waveform, copy and paste it into the blank space of the other channel. Hence you will have the same waveforms in the both channels and you will feel both sides the same way.

More details about editing samples please see at the SimShaker Sound Module User Guide https://simshaker.com/guides/sound/

Thanks, I did that but now there's a new issue with the effect. It now works just the way I want when the plane is banked, but the new issue occours when pulling G while wings are level. When I pull a certain amount of G while banked, I get corresponding amplitude vibration effect. Then I put the wings level and pull the same amount of G, the amplitude of the effect is different. Sometimes less, sometimes more, and sometimes roughly the same.

What I think is happening there, is issues with the phase of the two G feeling effect samples. This is how I'd imagine it works: When pulling G, the software plays both G+ feeling samples and modulates their amplitude collectively by the G amount, and individually by the bank angle. It works fine when the samples are panned to different sides because there is only one audio signal for each transducer. But when I panned both samples to middle, I have two audio signals playing simultaneously from each transducer, thus creating phasing issues depending on the exact time when each sample was started.

The quick and dirty solution I have for this (but can't achieve probably due to minimal understanding of lua) is to intercept the bank angle data coming from DCS to SSA, modify that data to always be 0 degrees and send the modified data to SSA. Then I'd just use the default effect samples so there wouldn't be any phase issues. But all that assuming that I've guessed the software function correctly. What do you think, would that work? Is it possible to do and how would you do it? Or is there a better solution for it?

Hi =Andre=,

I would like to buy SoundModule from your site. It says that you are off until May 2nd, but your notice also says that I should still be able to buy software. But if I click on that link, it will send me back to your notice. Sent you an email about it. Briefly, just want to know if I can buy the payware version before may 2nd?

Thanks 🙂

Also ...

That thread is HUGE. Any of you guys did custom sounds for the F-5, Huey and F-16 ...which are mostly the aircraft I use. Do you guys have some kinds of repository for custom aircraft sound package somewhere?

Edited by Frag

8 hours ago, AEK said:

Thanks, I did that but now there's a new issue with the effect. It now works just the way I want when the plane is banked, but the new issue occours when pulling G while wings are level. When I pull a certain amount of G while banked, I get corresponding amplitude vibration effect. Then I put the wings level and pull the same amount of G, the amplitude of the effect is different. Sometimes less, sometimes more, and sometimes roughly the same.

What I think is happening there, is issues with the phase of the two G feeling effect samples. This is how I'd imagine it works: When pulling G, the software plays both G+ feeling samples and modulates their amplitude collectively by the G amount, and individually by the bank angle. It works fine when the samples are panned to different sides because there is only one audio signal for each transducer. But when I panned both samples to middle, I have two audio signals playing simultaneously from each transducer, thus creating phasing issues depending on the exact time when each sample was started.

Hmmm... Sounds reasonable. Thank you for the feedback.

The quick and dirty solution I have for this (but can't achieve probably due to minimal understanding of lua) is to intercept the bank angle data coming from DCS to SSA, modify that data to always be 0 degrees and send the modified data to SSA. Then I'd just use the default effect samples so there wouldn't be any phase issues. But all that assuming that I've guessed the software function correctly. What do you think, would that work? Is it possible to do and how would you do it? Or is there a better solution for it?

I think that would work. I would edit simshaker.lua and made it read-only file.

But it can affect any other effect if it use bank data as well.

Or is there a better solution for it?

I think it is to ask f4l0 to add a corresponding checkbox into SSA.

1 hour ago, Frag said:

Hi =Andre=,

I would like to buy SoundModule from your site. It says that you are off until May 2nd, but your notice also says that I should still be able to buy software. But if I click on that link, it will send me back to your notice. Sent you an email about it. Briefly, just want to know if I can buy the payware version before may 2nd?

Thanks 🙂

Hi Frag,

The shop is open at weekends. I usually open it at Friday night (by GMT). I hope this is acceptable for a hobby store. In other days other tasks keep me busy.

Which my notice do you mean?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9 hours ago, LeLv30_Superbus said:

simshaker_error.JPG

Was there a solution to this error? The thread is crazy long and I only found reports of the same bug. Thanks.

9 hours ago, =Andre= said:

Disable autostart with Windows feature.

That should help... This issue/solution was discussed 2 pages before...

On 4/30/2021 at 11:25 AM, =Andre= said:

The shop is open at weekends. I usually open it at Friday night (by GMT). I hope this is acceptable for a hobby store. In other days other tasks keep me busy.

Which my notice do you mean?

Ah ok get it thanks! Your website was opened when I just checked few mins ago. I ordered the Sound Module, cant wait to play with this 🙂

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 10:25 PM, f4l0 said:

I mostly calculate that stuff from various parameters. Some devs provided me with some special interfaces to detect the cockpit shaking... DCS exports are rather limited...

The "Start with Windows"-feature is currently bugged. I got some reports that for some users it lead to issues... Sadly I'm still not able to reproduce the issue on my side...

I have that option turned off, and have a script to start simshaker, and various other items when starting DCS. I get the errors when that is run. If I manually launch simshaker I do not get the errors. Not sure if this is helpful or not, but thought I should share it. Is there any additional logging that I could enable to assist in finding root cause?

• Like 1

Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8Ghz, Asus RoG Maximus X Formula, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, EVGA Geforce 2080 Super, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 M.2, 500GB Samsung Pro 860 SSD.

TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Acer 23" x2, Oculus Rift S, FSSB3 Lighting

I received my Andrea's Jestseat 3 days ago. I have tried it for a few minutes and the experience is been really great and immersive.
However I have noticed the default values of 50 for the effects does not provide for a realistic feedback as a lot of other effects and covered up by one constant vibration.

I am still trying to getting my head around the various vibration effects.
Can anyone share a more realistic setting that I could use or a link to material where l can get information on each of the vibration effects and how to apply to jet and helicopter aircrafts.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Sorry to post in the DCS forum, but it is the only topic I could find :(

Does anyone know if there is some site or guide available for seting up Simshaker for aviators and the Simshaker Jetpad together with p3d (v5)?

I have recently bought the Simshaker Jetpad from Andre's shop and I must say that the experience is quite frankly underwhelming. When I load the aircraft I use (A2A 172) and taxi or fly the vibrations I get are quite strong and seem only to go on and off. I played around with the control panel and the settings but nothing seems to change this behaviour. Most effects seem on or off and nothing in between. With the default 50 (for most settings) I am almost shaking out of my seat and when I try to lower it to as low as 5 then the effect turns off altogether. So it is either on and strong or off. I'm sure this can't be right.

Since there are so many positive reviews around (based on which I bought the Jetpad) I am sure it must have something to do with wrong configuration or settings and such. So I was hoping that someone can shed some light to this problem and perhaps share some settings for p3d?

Peter

On 5/7/2021 at 5:54 AM, Eaglewings said:

I received my Andrea's Jestseat 3 days ago. I have tried it for a few minutes and the experience is been really great and immersive.
However I have noticed the default values of 50 for the effects does not provide for a realistic feedback as a lot of other effects and covered up by one constant vibration.

I am still trying to getting my head around the various vibration effects.
Can anyone share a more realistic setting that I could use or a link to material where l can get information on each of the vibration effects and how to apply to jet and helicopter aircrafts.

Hi @Eaglewingscongradulations on your purchase.  I am a new JetPad owner too and went thru similar learning curve and am constantly making changes - it is like a 2nd hobby lol.

Comments:

• I feel that all settings and strength of each effect is subject to personal preference and also the individual strength of the motors on your JetPad.
  • Here is a MUDSPIKE Story that talks about haptic feedback and Simshaker for Aviators.  Some of the discussion can be applied to JetPad.
  • Page 5 of the SimShaker for Aviators Manual (SSAManual.pdf) has a Description of Effects. [HELP >> User Guide]

As a suggestion:  Try Turning off all the  Effects except the one you are tuning.  Then choose the strength you prefer.  Do the same for all the other settings one at a time. 

EXAMPLE FOR AN FA/18

EFFECT Enabled
Yes/No
Strength
JetSeat

Afternerburner/WEP YES 30
Cannon/Gun Fire YES 25
Canopy/Door Open/Close YES 50
Catapult Shoot YES 50
Chaff/Flare Dispense YES 20
Engine Rumble/Piston Beat NO  
Failure and Damage YES 50
Flaps Movement NO  
Gear turbulence YES 9
G Feeling Effect  YES 15
Ground bumps YES 25
Ground Roll YES 2
High Speed Shudders YES 50
Landing Gear Up/Down YES 20
LaunchBar YES 50
Payload Release/Missile Launch YES 50
Refuel Boom YES 50
Seat Ejection YES 100
Speedbrake Shudders YES 25
Buffet/Stall Shudders/Vortex Ring State YES 40
Tail Hook YES 50
Touchdown YES 70
Turbulence YES 5
Wheel Blocking YES 40
Wings Fold/Unfold YES 50
Wire Trap YES 50

Cheers.

JJF. 

• Like 2
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Hi @Eaglewingscongradulations on your purchase.  I am a new JetPad owner too and went thru similar learning curve and am constantly making changes - it is like a 2nd hobby lol.

Comments:
  • I feel that all settings and strength of each effect is subject to personal preference and also the individual strength of the motors on your JetPad.
  • Here is a MUDSPIKE Story that talks about haptic feedback and Simshaker for Aviators.  Some of the discussion can be applied to JetPad.
  • Page 5 of the SimShaker for Aviators Manual (SSAManual.pdf) has a Description of Effects. [HELP >> User Guide]
As a suggestion:  Try Turning off all the  Effects except the one you are tuning.  Then choose the strength you prefer.  Do the same for all the other settings one at a time. 

EXAMPLE FOR AN FA/18
EFFECT Enabled
Yes/No
Strength
JetSeat

Afternerburner/WEP YES 30
Cannon/Gun Fire YES 25
Canopy/Door Open/Close YES 50
Catapult Shoot YES 50
Chaff/Flare Dispense YES 20
Engine Rumble/Piston Beat NO  
Failure and Damage YES 50
Flaps Movement NO  
Gear turbulence YES 9
G Feeling Effect  YES 15
Ground bumps YES 25
Ground Roll YES 2
High Speed Shudders YES 50
Landing Gear Up/Down YES 20
LaunchBar YES 50
Payload Release/Missile Launch YES 50
Refuel Boom YES 50
Seat Ejection YES 100
Speedbrake Shudders YES 25
Buffet/Stall Shudders/Vortex Ring State YES 40
Tail Hook YES 50
Touchdown YES 70
Turbulence YES 5
Wheel Blocking YES 40
Wings Fold/Unfold YES 50
Wire Trap YES 50

Cheers.
JJF. 

Thanks a million YSAID_RIP. These are very good information you have posted. I will be trying them out.
Combining this Jetseat with vr is simply remarkable, makes the whole experience of flying more lively.
  • Thanks 1

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

11 hours ago, dromer1967 said:

Sorry to post in the DCS forum, but it is the only topic I could find 😞

Does anyone know if there is some site or guide available for seting up Simshaker for aviators and the Simshaker Jetpad together with p3d (v5)?

I have recently bought the Simshaker Jetpad from Andre's shop and I must say that the experience is quite frankly underwhelming. When I load the aircraft I use (A2A 172) and taxi or fly the vibrations I get are quite strong and seem only to go on and off. I played around with the control panel and the settings but nothing seems to change this behaviour. Most effects seem on or off and nothing in between. With the default 50 (for most settings) I am almost shaking out of my seat and when I try to lower it to as low as 5 then the effect turns off altogether. So it is either on and strong or off. I'm sure this can't be right.

Since there are so many positive reviews around (based on which I bought the Jetpad) I am sure it must have something to do with wrong configuration or settings and such. So I was hoping that someone can shed some light to this problem and perhaps share some settings for p3d?

Peter

In a case like this, when SimShaker for Aviators controls are not effective enough, I could recommend to try to reduce JetPad power voltage from 12 Volt to 9 Volts. You will need a power adapter which provides DC 9 Volts and current between 1.0 to 2.0 Amper with a proper connector (5.5 / 2.5 mm or 5.5 / 2.1 mm, positive contact inside). That will make the JetPad motors behaviour much closer to the old pad which SimShaker for Aviators developer (i.e f4l0) has.

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 hours ago, =Andre= said:

In a case like this, when SimShaker for Aviators controls are not effective enough, I could recommend to try to reduce JetPad power voltage from 12 Volt to 9 Volts. You will need a power adapter which provides DC 9 Volts and current between 1.0 to 2.0 Amper with a proper connector (5.5 / 2.5 mm or 5.5 / 2.1 mm, positive contact inside). That will make the JetPad motors behaviour much closer to the old pad which SimShaker for Aviators developer (i.e f4l0) has.

Thanks for that tip!  I've been struggling with the same issue.  I prefer most of the effects to be rather subtle (especially engines and the low end of the g's), and every time i turned them down they just disappeared or didnt work properly.  I 've ordered a new adapter from Amazon, hopefully that will fix the issue.