So how well does Asynchronous Space Warp work in DCS?

RoyMi6

I'm literally on the other side of the world from my computer right now so can't test it myself.

Anyone tried it in DCS yet?

(It's basically ATW but for positional tracking)

On my mobile so hard to get all the links together but basically you'll need an NVIDIA card and need to add a new registary key to enable it.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On mobile too this can be big for DCS. I understand we can run the sim at 45fps without any judder.

And it works now for Nvidia users now:

2d11b082b20ec89b9d75c30b90d9df9a.jpg

In in order to use ASW registry key needs to be created and then set to 1.

Step by step HERE

Edited by wasyl00
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

I thought that ATW is capable of running DCS at 45 fps without judders.. at least I haven't noticed none.. the only is the ghosting of other objects in the image if you are going fast.. on dogfights for example..

Eager to try ASW tonight..

Well, I just tried this and I have to say for a first implementation it makes an enormous difference.

I have been running everything on max setting but MSAA at 4x and AF at 8x.

I am now running MSAA at 8x and AF at 16x and I can go higher.

The only problem is that around the cockpit edges there's a translucent part that becomes very visible while making very fast turns. Also, the ground surface now wobbles a bit, as if it was jelly. Not all the surface but parts of it.

I tried the F5E in the Instant Action Take Off which has always been taxing for my PC.

Can't wait to see the next implementation of ASW!

Cheers.

e.

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

I would just be happy if the sim would actually use all of the GPU! I get 35fps in some spots and the GPU is at 60% utilization. When I'm at 90fps my GPU is at 99% so it's just random spots where the sim just poops out and won't use the GPU. I wouldn't think it was CPU lag with a 6700K at 4.6. The sim just refuses to use resources.

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

I would just be happy if the sim would actually use all of the GPU! I get 35fps in some spots and the GPU is at 60% utilization. When I'm at 90fps my GPU is at 99% so it's just random spots where the sim just poops out and won't use the GPU. I wouldn't think it was CPU lag with a 6700K at 4.6. The sim just refuses to use resources.

Do try to follow the conversation, instead of hijacking the thread to repeat a complaint that is utterly irrelevant to the subject in hand.

I have done the registry editing thing, and it all looks good to me here. I'm waiting for some more discerning reviewers to give their opinions now.

wow I just paused the game to type this. Holy bananas what a difference! Game changer for me. No more ATW ghosting on the objects. Applied SS x1.8 and got stable 45fps and its smooth as butter. Thanks to shortcuts (Ctrl+num1, Ctrl+num2, Ctrl+num3, Ctrl+num4) ASW can be compared to ATW and OFF. Really amazing!

Edited by wasyl00

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

just tried, yes it definitely helps- it`s smooth now and no ghosting! But sometimes (on heavy scenes) you`ll get artifacts like this

0:47

Edited by alieneye

YouTube || Copycats - technology and product clones (primarily aviation) || dgrigoriev.com
SPECS: i7 8700K (OK 5GHz), 2xGTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, 1Tb SSD, WIN 10, 2560x1440, Oculus Rift CV1 || TM Warthog, TIR5, MFG Crosswind pedals

how do u know when its working?

I'd like to know this too :)

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

how do u know when its working?

I'd like to know this too :)

Display fps counter with the shortcut LCtrl+LAlt+Pause. If its locked at 45 and you see no judder that means ASW is already working. Try to cycle options with the below shortcuts:

CTRL+Numpad1: Disable ASW, go back to the original ATW mode (this situation we've had until today)

CTRL+Numpad2: Force apps to 45Hz, ASW disabled (completely no warping - judder!)

CTRL+Numpad3: Force apps to 45Hz, ASW enabled (ASW always On)

CTRL+Numpad4: Enable auto-ASW (that should be default)

Edited by wasyl00

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not working for me :/ (so it appears)

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

ASW is enabled, so says the Oculus service log file but the keyboard shortcuts seem to have no effect ... weird.

Happy Flying ! :pilotfly:

--

My specs: i7 8700K oc 5.0gHz, Asus Maximus Hero X, 32 Go DDR4 3600MHz, GTX1080 oc 2025MHz, Samsung Evo 960 SSD, Oculus rift CV1, 2 sensors. VKB Gunfighter w/ Warthog stick. Warthog throttle. Custom 6xrotary box. MFG rudder pedals

ASW is enabled, so says the Oculus service log file but the keyboard shortcuts seem to have no effect ... weird.

What's the path for that LOG file?

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

The log file is in AppData/Local/Oculus/Service_<date>.txt file, search for "ASW".

Does anyone know if ASW is only supported for windows 8? I'm getting the following error with Windows 7 64 bit:

06/10 05:43:54.700 {INFO} [VirtualDisplay] ASW Disabled, reason: 'OVR Error: Code: -1009 -- ovrError_Unsupported Description: ASW is unsupported on this version of Windows OVRTime: 208607.596015 Time: 2016-10-06 05:43:54 [700:990:200]

Does anyone know if ASW is only supported for windows 8? I'm getting the following error with Windows 7 64 bit:

Apparently its only for Win8 and up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Apparently its only for Win8 and up.

That seems to be the consensus. Windows 8+ is now listed for the minimum hardware requirement. I don't know if it's dx12 related.

It's pretty frustrating. First I'm forced to upgrade my GFX card after being lied to that the GTX970 is 'VR Ready'. Now I'm forced to upgrade to Win10 just to get ASW which is supposed to help the first problem. Pretty idiotic.