Introducing the VKB-Sim Gunfighter

rrohde

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What springs/centering detent do most of you all run? I think the stock detent in the stick doesn't keep the stick perfectly center like the other one it comes with does.

I just can't make up my mind, so many different adjustments can be made with this, it's impressive.

I use #10 cams, 2x #40 springs on X-axis, 1x #40 & 1x #30 on Y-axis. I have a little dry clutch to reduce the oscillations on release but not enough to cause the grip to stick in small movements off center. I also use a deadzone low (DzLo) value of 3.2. This setup gives me a perfect return to center.

mQ4VFsy.jpg

ohzcl7V.png

Edited by ChinNoobonic
  • Like 1

What springs/centering detent do most of you all run? I think the stock detent in the stick doesn't keep the stick perfectly center like the other one it comes with does.

I just can't make up my mind, so many different adjustments can be made with this, it's impressive.

For me, I love the #10 cam with the soft center; I use 1x50 and 1x30 spring per axis right now, started off with 2x50 per axis... was a bit too much over time. I've dialed ot most of the clutch for now, and my Gunfighter feels more like my old Mamba now, which is what I was going for (later I might dial in a tiny bit of friction again). Without the dry clutch, and a deadzone of only 1, it returns to center perfectly.

I use #10 cams, 2x #40 springs on X-axis, 1x #40 & 1x #30 on Y-axis. I have a little dry clutch to reduce the oscillations on release but not enough to cause the grip to stick in small movements off center. I also use a deadzone low (DzLo) value of 3.2. This setup gives me a perfect return to center.

That's a great configuration you have dialed in there - curious about that rather large deadzone, how does it feel in DCS?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

To get started, here's a good topic on the basics on getting your Gunfighter up-and-running:

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2646

Thanks. It's working now. I had the "flashing red LED" problem. Turns out this also happens when you have the KG12 profile loaded while the Warthog grip is installed. Loading the Warthog profile fixed the problem.

That Gunfighter Pro looks really slick on that MonsterTech mount! Nice! Might be better suited for a center-mount, though... :)

It sure works pretty nice too. Looks must be deceiving in my pictures as I actually have it center mounted.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

PDP, VAX and Alpha fanatic ; HP-Compaq is the Satan! ; Let us pray daily while facing Maynard! ; Life starts at 150 km/h

Thanks. It's working now. I had the "flashing red LED" problem. Turns out this also happens when you have the KG12 profile loaded while the Warthog grip is installed. Loading the Warthog profile fixed the problem.

It sure works pretty nice too. Looks must be deceiving in my pictures as I actually have it center mounted.

Good to hear about the red flashing Stick LED being resolved now :thumbup:

And yes, my eyes deceived me. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Also received my Gunfighter Pro yesterday :D Seems like a great piece of hardware!

Some smaller issues. Warthog adapter was not delivered. Guess there was some confusion with the orders in Europe. Hope Eduard will sort it out quickly.

First time I plugged it in I also had the "flashing red light" problem even though I use it with the KG 12 grip. That was quite a shock at first. But google helped and loading the KG12 profile finally made it work ;)

BTW, is there any tutorial with images how to change the springs?

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

BTW, is there any tutorial with images how to change the springs?

Check this out (made for the Gladiator Pro, but the same principle applies to the Gunfighter):

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Check this out (made for the Gladiator Pro, but the same principle applies to the Gunfighter):

Great, thanks! That'll do :thumbup:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

rrohde, do you know if the Gunfighter is recognized by OSX?

On a hardware level - yes. As USB device, it even is detected under Linux. However, the VKBdevCfg configuration software, as well as the firmware loader, and all other software related items needed do not work outside of Windows.

In other words, without the VKBdevCfg working, you're not going to be a happy camper. Without it, you're not going to be able to program any parameters into the BlackBox, such as calibration values, axes ranges, MaRS sensor MPL adjustments, firmware, or profiles. Please keep that in mind.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that if you have a PC with Windows, you can always set your Gunfighter up there, and then plug it into your Mac. All parameters should then be working, as they are stored inside the BlackBox.

Edited by rrohde

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Thank you rrhode for your quick reply.

But, isn't the Gunfighter loaded with factory default parameters that allows it to function out of the box?

This is not for me, it's a friend of mine that bought one and he only have a Mac at the moment to test if everything is working.

Edited by Akatsuki

Hey rrhode,

I have a question on the extension for the Gunfighter. I was planning on ordering the new grip when it becomes available, and at that time also order the extension with it for my Gunfighter. Received an email this morning talking about another small batch of Gunfighters available:

This also means that the Extension Kit for Gunfighter is back as well for the time being,

So are the extensions not always available and only run in small batches every so often as well?

I guess my question is, if I wait to order extension with the new grip is there chance they might not be available at that time?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hey rrhode,

I have a question on the extension for the Gunfighter. I was planning on ordering the new grip when it becomes available, and at that time also order the extension with it for my Gunfighter. Received an email this morning talking about another small batch of Gunfighters available:

So are the extensions not always available and only run in small batches every so often as well?

I guess my question is, if I wait to order extension with the new grip is there chance they might not be available at that time?

That's always something that I am worried about as well, as VKB HQ produces in small batches as it is, and often times stock gets pulled between the different markets - the EU, Asia, Russia, and us here in the US (and Canada, NZ, AU).

So last time they had plenty of extensions in stock, and then they had to allocate it elsewhere, and then the stock was more or less gone for me - even though VKB HQ had stock on hand - just out of reach for me.

When that happens, I am at the mercy of VKB HQ's next production run. Long story short - if you see something in stock - grab it if you can right then and there.

It's getting better, though, with much shorter production cycles in-between compared to how it used to be. :)

Edited by rrohde

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

When that happens, I am at the mercy of VKB HQ's next production run. Long story short - if you see something in stock - grab it if you can right then and there.

Good to know, thanks for the info.

Just placed order for the Gunfighter extension kit.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

That's always something that I am worried about as well, as VKB HQ produces in small batches as it is, and often times stock gets pulled between the different markets - the EU, Asia, Russia, and us here in the US (and Canada, NZ, AU).

So last time they had plenty of extensions in stock, and then they had to allocate it elsewhere, and then the stock was more or less gone for me - even though VKB HQ had stock on hand - just out of reach for me.

It's getting better, though, with much shorter production cycles in-between compared to how it used to be. :)

Is maybe preordering something VKB is interested in looking at? That could help them more accurately gauge the demand, it would also be good for the consumers that we don't have to destroy our F5 keys to hopefully grab an item. This is going to be especially bad when the MCG comes out, everyone is gonna want them.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Is maybe preordering something VKB is interested in looking at? That could help them more accurately gauge the demand, it would also be good for the consumers that we don't have to destroy our F5 keys to hopefully grab an item. This is going to be especially bad when the MCG comes out, everyone is gonna want them.

I've been looking into some pre-order plugins for the webshop, and that does indeed sound like a nice solution for everyone. Some payment gateways don't allow pre-ordering, though, so I need research that some more. I'll try to implement something, but no promises. :)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Can I ask aquick question ok n Setup. I am running the Warthog Stick top on the extension with 2*50# springs on each axis with the soft Cam.

My stick has what I would call a large neutral zone. Its fantastic flying helos but a little unrealistic with fixed wind. I tried some clutch but that made it feel a little sticky when hovering so I took it out.

Does someone have a suggested setup I should try.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Hey Guys,

Just received my GF Pro yesterday with TM adapter. It looks great but the configuration tool is kind of a mistery.

Is there a way to setup a button as a modifier like Shift.

I had it configured like this with my TMWH and it was real easy in game to set it up.

Any guide floating around ?

Thanks

Happy Flying ! :pilotfly:

--

My specs: i7 8700K oc 5.0gHz, Asus Maximus Hero X, 32 Go DDR4 3600MHz, GTX1080 oc 2025MHz, Samsung Evo 960 SSD, Oculus rift CV1, 2 sensors. VKB Gunfighter w/ Warthog stick. Warthog throttle. Custom 6xrotary box. MFG rudder pedals

Hey Guys,

Just received my GF Pro yesterday with TM adapter. It looks great but the configuration tool is kind of a mistery.

Is there a way to setup a button as a modifier like Shift.

I had it configured like this with my TMWH and it was real easy in game to set it up.

Any guide floating around ?

Thanks

I am not that deeply familiar with the VKBdevCfg config tool myself, but you can always ask here - where the VKB engineers and devs hang around: http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewforum.php?f=25

I just get by with the basics in that config, such as calibration, deadzones, axis multipliers, sensor resolution, etc.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Can I ask aquick question ok n Setup. I am running the Warthog Stick top on the extension with 2*50# springs on each axis with the soft Cam.

My stick has what I would call a large neutral zone. Its fantastic flying helos but a little unrealistic with fixed wind. I tried some clutch but that made it feel a little sticky when hovering so I took it out.

Does someone have a suggested setup I should try.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wow, 2x 50 springs per axis should let even the soft center cams return to center perfectly. I mean - that's basically what I ran until recently (just dropped that to 1x50 + 1x30 per axis). RL pilots told me that the soft center feeling is close to what they experienced in their real fixed wing aircraft.

Did you calibrate correctly? Did you adjust the deadzone for a different feel? Feel free to show a screenshot of your VKBdevCfg's profile page. Just curious. :)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com